Nike Soccer Camp at Lake Forest Academy
Improve your game and have serious fun
at Nike Soccer Camps
Join us for Nike Soccer Camp at Lake Forest Academy with Kyle Jones, owner of Illinois Skill Schools. The camp is designed for boys and girls, of all abilities, ages 6-16, to develop and refine skills and techniques. An amazing opportunity for any player to learn from a top coaching professional, have fun, and train in a competitive setting! Illinois Skill Schools' and Soccer Skill Schools’ "Numbers Approach Methodology" brings the best skill development methods from all over the world to the midwest with particular influence from Brazil, Holland, England, and Spain. The methodology starts with one player: the individual. Each player is guided toward complete mastery of the ball, encouraged to make decisions of their own, and equipped with over 60 individual skills to help win the individual competitions that take place during every game.
- Illinois Skill Schools' and Soccer Skill Schools’ "Numbers Approach Methodology"
- Learn up to 65 individual skills in one week
- Take the Skill Band Challenge
- Low camper to coach ratio
- Unique, professional camp curriculum
- Team play, skill development, games and tournaments
- Nike Camp Shirt
- View More Details ⟩
Coach Kyle Jones
While living in his native England and working as the Head Football (Soccer) Coach and a Soccer Coaching Tutor at The Manchester College, Illinois Skill Schools and Soccer Skill Schools Director Kyle Jones focused his studies on soccer skill development and on the various skill development methods used across the globe in countries such as Brazil, Spain, Holland and England...View Kyle's Bio & Soccer Tips ⟩
With over twenty years of skill-specific coaching experience, Jones’ experience enabled him to collaborate with some of the finest English Premier League Academy Coaches. After two years of intense collaboration on curriculum and program development, Illinois Skill Schools and Soccer Skill Schools began.
Illinois Skill Schools and Soccer Skill Schools are widely regarded as the "Most effective soccer skills training" in the midwest and beyond.
SECURE YOUR SPOT!
Due to local and state regulations, we anticipate having to reduce our enrollment numbers significantly this year. You can expect high demand on these first-come-first-serve camper spots, so please be sure to register early.
2024 Dates Coming Soon. Join Priority List!
Camp Hours: 9:00 AM - 3:00 PM*
Meals: Lunch is not provided. Please bring a packed lunch.
Facility: Lake Forest Academy
*Check-in starts 15 minutes before camp start time
This program is geared towards Player Development & High-Performance campers. Players will work on mastering the proper fundamentals, techniques and advancing their overall skills and knowledge of the game. A great opportunity for players to learn through a mix of drills, games, and competitive play. With a number of different camp options for all to enjoy!
Player Development is for campers ages 11 and under of all skill levels. These camps are designed to maximize player participation and ensure each camper develops in all aspects of the game in a fun and engaging environment. Coaches will implement a wide range of technical, physical, and tactical activities with a focus on fun so campers get to improve with a smile on their faces.
High Performance is for campers ages 12+ looking to improve their game in a fun and fast-paced environment. These camps are designed so players leave the camp week more prepared for their club and high school seasons. Experienced coaches will provide campers with a fresh perspective and challenge them to develop technical, tactical, physical, and psychological aspects of their game through a progressive curriculum.
*NOTE: If you believe your camper should be in a different skill level than the age requirement listed, please add a note at check-out and mention it to the camp director on day 1.
The information below is based on previous years and is subject to change each year.
PREPARE FOR CAMP: COMPLETE YOUR PRE-CAMP CHECKLIST
To view your customer account, complete your mandatory forms, pay balance dues, and review important camp information, visit Pre-Camp Checklist.
All necessary camp information is on this page. If there are any imperative changes prior to camp start, registered campers will be notified via email and this webpage will be updated!
WHAT'S INCLUDED IN THE FEE?
Instruction: Training from the Nike Soccer Camps coaching staff
Day campers: Lunch is not provided. Please bring a packed lunch.
Supervision: Staff members are strategically placed throughout the camp to provide optimal supervision and participate in all activities
Camp T-shirt & Prizes: All campers receive a Nike Soccer Camps t-shirt and prizes
INSTRUCTION, EQUIPMENT, & FACILITY
Ratio: Low camper to coach ratio
Groupings: Campers are grouped by age, ability, and experience
Equipment Needed: All campers must bring soccer cleats, shin guards, athletic shoes, and a water bottle
Facility: Lake Forest Academy
Medical Protocol: Most camps have an athletic trainer on-site to help with illness or injury. In case of an emergency, campers will be transported to the nearest hospital
CHECKLIST OF THINGS TO BRING:
Below is a suggested list of clothes, equipment, and personal items. US Sports Camps is NOT responsible for lost or stolen articles or money.
- Athletic clothing
- Soccer Cleats (no metal studs)
- Shin guards
- Water bottle
- Packed lunch and snacks
- Small gym bag/backpack
Nike Soccer Camp Balls can be purchased during registration. Players can choose between a size 4 or size 5 ball, which will be passed out on the first day of camp. Please note that it is not required to bring a soccer ball to camp as they are provided by the staff for camp instruction.
If you have a group of 4 or more campers registering for the same camp, each camper is eligible for a $25 discount. If you have a group of 8 or more campers registering for the same camp, each camper is eligible for a $30 discount. Please fill out the Team Discount - Soccer form with the name of your group and the names of each camper enrolling in the camp and we will create a unique discount code for your group.
Transportation is not provided. Campers are responsible for getting to and from camp on their own. There is no supervision before or after camp hours so please make arrangements to pick up your child on time.
Most camps have an athletic trainer on-site to help with illness or injury. In case of an emergency, campers will be transported to the nearest hospital.
For information regarding our cancellation policy and all other company policies, please visit USSC Policies.
NIKE SOCCER CAMP FAQ
For general questions about our soccer camps please see our FAQ page.
***Camps are open to any and all entrants. Enrollment in our camps is limited only by age, gender, and capacity restrictions as specified by each camp.
WANT MORE DETAILS?
Click the button below to view program descriptions, schedules, and more
Illinois Skill Schools' and Soccer Skill Schools’ Methodology & Skill Band Challenge ©
- SKILL BAND CHALLENGE © "Practice never ends." Players are encouraged to extend the practice to home by practicing their skills independently. The 60+ skills we coach during the week of camp are broken down into groups based on the level of difficulty and type of skill. Based on the martial-arts belt system, players are rewarded when they master a group of skills with a different colored skill band. This helps develop freedom and focus for young players. Players take the Skill Band Challenge at the end of each week of camp.
- ILLINOIS SKILL SCHOOLS METHODOLOGY Illinois Skill Schools' and Soccer Skill Schools’ "Numbers Approach Methodology" brings the best skill development methods from all over the world to the midwest with particular influence from Brazil, Holland, England and Spain.The methodology starts with one player: the individual. Each player is guided toward complete mastery of the ball, encouraged to make decisions of their own, and equipped with over 60 individual skills to help win the individual competitions that take place during every game. Players are then added to the practice progressively (2 players, 3 players and 4 players) to recreate the small numbers situations that take place during every game culminating in a small-group model, adopted by the youth academies of the world's finest professional clubs. Players are encouraged to isolate players through creative skills, movement or combinations in order to create "numbers up" situations within each game or exercise. The numbers approach maximizes the number of touches, decisions, and combinations for each player during each practice.
- 9:00 am Street Soccer
- 9:30 am Ball Mastery Games and Exercises
- 10:00 am Skill Development
- 10:45 am 1 v 1 Games with Skill Focus for the Day
- 11:15 am Small Group Games (2 v 2, 3 v 3, etc.)
- 12:00 pm Lunch
- 1:00 pm Finishing and Final Third Games
- 2:00 pm Premier League/ World Cup Tournaments
- 3:00 pm Campers Depart
He loved the daily drills
SECURE YOUR SPOT – CAMPS SELL OUT!
Last year over 650 Sports Camps sold out, leaving 7,000+ campers on the waitlist. Due to high demand, early registration for our first-come-first-serve camps is strongly recommended.