Nike Tennis Camp in Monterey Bay, CA - Hosted by Kim Grant Tennis Academy
Improve your game and have serious fun
at Nike Tennis Camps
This summer, the Nike Tennis Camp at Monterey Bay, CA - Hosted by Kim Grant Tennis Academy is the place for your camper! The experienced coaching staff, led by Kim Grant of the Kim Grant Academy, offers a great combination of technical tennis instruction, drills, fitness, supervised match play, and overall a great experience both on and off the court!
Learn tennis, improve your game, and have serious fun while doing it. Campers will be working on all aspects of their game: technical, tactical, physical, and mental.
These are all practiced through feeding, drill work, and match play.
- Instruction from Kim Grant and her experienced staff
- Low camper to coach ratio
- Nike Tennis Camp T-shirt and prizes
- View More Details ⟩
2023 CAMP DATES
- June 11-16
- June 18-23
- June 25-30
- July 9-14
- July 16-21
- July 23-28
- July 31- August 4 (Day Camp only)
We offer Day Camps (9:00am-3:00pm) and Overnight Camps for kids, ages 7-17, with All Skills, Tournament Training, and High School programs. Overnight Campers must be at least 9 years old.
All sessions are open to players of all abilities. Upon arrival, all participants are evaluated by the staff so that their own instructional needs can be addressed throughout the week.
- All Skills Program: The All Skills program is designed for tennis players of any skill level and background. Campers will learn fundamentals and improve upon their game.
- Tournament Training Program: The Tournament Training Program is geared towards tournament-level and ranked players looking to improve their tournament results, learn winning strategies, and work on mental toughness. Open to any and all players.
- High School Program: The High School Program is provided for any and all players currently on their high school team and wanting to move up the ladder or those planning on making the high school team.
- Overnight Camper Check-in: Sunday at 3:00pm
- Day Camper Check-in: Monday at 9:00am
- Check-out: 12:00 pm on Friday
- Day Camper Schedule: Monday-Thursday 9:00am-3:00pm, Friday 9:00am-12pm
- Day Only Camp (July 31-August 4)
- Check-in: Monday at 9:00am
- Check-out: Friday at 3:00pm
- Daily Schedule: Monday-Friday 9:00am-3:00pm
WHAT'S INCLUDED IN THE FEE?
- Instruction: Daily tennis training, morning and afternoon sessions
- Overnight campers: Housing and all meals are provided
- Supervision: Staff members reside in rooms strategically placed throughout the dorm to provide optimal supervision and participate in all activities
- Camp T-shirt & Prizes: All campers receive a Nike Tennis Camps t-shirt and prizes
- Day Campers: Lunch is provided each day
- Overnight Campers: All meals are included for Overnight campers
- Additional snacks and beverages will be available for purchase throughout the day.
INSTRUCTION, EQUIPMENT, & FACILITY
- Ratio: 6:1 camper-to-coach ratio
- Groupings: Campers are grouped by age, ability, and experience
- Equipment Needed: All campers must bring a tennis racquet, tennis shoes, and a water bottle
- Facility: 8 tennis courts, 6 lighted courts, 4 pickleball courts, swimming pool, pro shop, hot tub and fitness room
- Inclement Weather Plan: In the case of heavy rain or lightning we will move camp indoors
- Medical Protocol: Most camps have an athletic trainer on-site to help with illness or injury. In case of an emergency, campers will be transported to the nearest hospital
- Onsite housing accommodation at the Grand Slam Village (boys and girls dorms)
- Number of Campers per Room: TBD
- Roommates: Rooms are assigned by age & roommate requests. Roommate requests must be mutual and received no later than 14 days before the start of camp. If you don't have a roommate request, you will be placed in a room with someone near your age. It will be a great opportunity to meet someone new!
- Linens: Bed linens are NOT provided. Please bring Twin XL-sized sheets or a sleeping bag, blanket, towel, facecloth, and pillow.
- Air Conditioning: The dorms do NOT have A/C. Campers are encouraged to bring a fan.
- Evening Activities: Evening activities may include movie night, game/trivia night, pool time, talent show, beach tennis, beach bonfire, etc.
Nike Tennis Camps do not provide transportation to/from camp from the airport, train stations, or bus depots.
PREPARE FOR CAMP: COMPLETE YOUR PRE-CAMP CHECKLIST
To view your customer account, complete your mandatory forms, pay balance dues, and review important camp information, visit Pre-Camp Checklist. All necessary camp information is on this page. If there are any imperative changes prior to camp start, registered campers will be notified via email and this webpage will be updated!
CHECKLIST OF THINGS TO BRING
Below is a suggested list of clothes, equipment, and personal items. US Sports Camps is NOT responsible for lost or stolen articles or money.
- Athletic, on-court tennis clothing
- Tennis Racquet(s)
- Tennis shoes (no running shoes)
- Sweatshirt/warm-up jacket and pants
- Water bottle*
- Signed Health & Release forms and waivers (forms completed online do not need to be printed and turned in at camp)
OVERNIGHT CAMPERS ONLY:
Athletic clothing mentioned above (1-2 pairs/day)
Comfortable off-court clothing (pants/shorts, t-shirts, sweatshirts 1 pair/day)
Swimsuit and towel (subject to change)
Shower flip flops
Toiletries (shampoo, conditioner, body wash, face wash, hairbrush, toothbrush, toothpaste, deodorant, etc.)
Personal items & medications (if any campers take or may need any medication, please have it labeled in a ziplocked bag with instructions for staff)
Washcloth, bath towel and swim towel
Bed sheets (if linens are not provided)
Comforter/blanket (if linens are not provided)
Pillow/pillow case (if linens are not provided)
Spending money on a prepaid card or cash for the snack shop
For information regarding our cancellation policy and all other company policies, please visit USSC Policies.
NIKE TENNIS CAMP FAQ
For general questions about our tennis camps please see our FAQ page
Maximize your camp experience with SwingVision, an iPhone app that provides the following benefits when you record your play: watch a full match in 20 minutes with the dead-time automatically removed, view stats like shot placement, court positioning, shot speed, and consistency for each shot type, filter to particular shot or point types and easily create highlight videos of certain points or shots, access video analysis, and stats immediately after you finish recording, all on unlimited cloud storage.
Camp Code: TNXRMB
SECURE YOUR SPOT – CAMPS SELL OUT!
Last year over 650 Sports Camps sold out, leaving 7,000+ campers on the waitlist. Due to high demand, early registration for our first-come-first-serve camps is strongly recommended.