Presented by Nick Baker, Camp Director
Nike Peak Performance Summer Swim Camp in June Chicago, IL
Peak Performance Swim Camp Tip: Tips for a better Freestyle
Working hard in practice will only get you so far, but working hard in practice with near-perfect technique will get you all the way! Your challenge is to implement 5 elite freestyle techniques while training your hardest.
- Keep your head low and still when not breathing. You'll be more stable in the water.
- Keep the tip of your bottom goggle in the water when breathing. It will prevent you from over-breathing.
- Extend your arm fully when entering the water to increase your length and reach.
- For a stronger catch, keep your upper arm near the surface and flex your elbow joint first and your shoulder joint second.
- Finish your pull with a straight arm to maximize length and propulsion.
Take a look at more great swim tips to improve your technique from Peak Performance Swim Coach, Nick Baker.