Nike Boys Basketball Camp Rising Star Sports Ranch
Improve your game and have serious fun
at Nike Basketball Camps
Designed specifically for sports teams and camps, Rising Star Sports Ranch in Mesquite is the place to be this summer! Hone your game with Nevada Nike Basketball Camp Director DeShawn Henry and his well-equipped staff at this incredible campus that houses immaculate indoor air-conditioned courts, ranch-style dorms and delicious food options.
The Complete Skills Camp helps players of all abilities develop athletically, refine fundamental basketball skills and enhance their skill set at the post, wing or guard position.
- Train at this brand new facility, host to a 30,000 square foot field house
- Daily emphasis on fundamental development, team play, and more
- Receive a Nike Basketball Camp t-shirt and other prizes!
- View More Details ⟩
Camp Director DeShawn Henry
Coach Henry enters his 19th year as a basketball coach and eleventh year as the Trailblazers Head Coach, credited with nine winning seasons. He has built a program that is dedicated to developing successful young players, fostering strong player relations, and stressing the importance of academic excellence for his student athletes, on and off the court.View DeShawn Henry's Bio ⟩
- 19 years basketball coaching experience
- 11 years as Head Coach at Durango HS, Las Vegas
- 9 winning seasons with play-off appearances at Durango HS
- Coach of Year – 2013-2014 & 2015-2016
- 13 years as the director of Nike Blazer Camp at Durango HS
- 55 players have advanced to the college level, 16 at the NCAA Division I level
- 2012 & 2013 LeBron Skills Academy coach
- 2008 Nike Global USA assistant coach
- 17 years as an assistant Track and Field coach
- USA Basketball Gold Certified Coach
- High school counselor
- Graduate of University of Nevada, Las Vegas
Coach Jermaine Seagears
Jermaine Seagers kicks off his third year as Assistant Coach for Durango High School's Varsity Basketball Team and Sports Performance Trainer. Seagers is also a USA Basketball Gold Certified Coach and founder of Work or Don't Eat.View Jermaine Seagears's Bio ⟩
- Founder/Director of Work or Don't Eat, a motivational, sports performance training and apparel brand
- Sports performance trainer and basketball skill development coach at Durango HS
- USA Basketball Gold Certified Coach
- NCAA Certified basketball Scout and Recruiting Analyst for WODE Scouts
- Former Division 1 basketball player at the University of Texas-Pan American
- Graduate from the University of Texas-Pan American
June 18-21, 2018
All Campers Check-in: Monday between 1pm-2pm at the Banquet Hall
Closing Ceremony: Thursday at 4pm
HOUSING & ROOMMATES
Campers will reside in the Rising Star Sports Ranch Resort. Campers stay four, five or up to twelve per room and are assigned by age and roommate requests. If you have a roommate request, and have not already given it to us, please do so as soon as possible. Roommate requests are not guaranteed, if you don't have a roommate request, you will be placed in a room with someone near your age. It will be a great opportunity to meet someone new!
Room Key Deposit: $20 check
Suggested Spending Money: $50 (late night pizza, snacks, etc.)
There will be optional swim time in the outdoor RSSR pool for extended day and overnight campers throughout the week in the evenings. Please pack accordingly (bathing suit, pool towel, sunscreen).
The staff live in the dormitories with the campers and participate in evening activities. Drugs, alcohol and tobacco are strictly prohibited, and constitute, along with general misconduct, grounds for dismissal from camp without a refund.
EXTENDED DAY CAMPERS
On the first day of camp, all extended day campers should arrive between 1PM-2PM dressed and ready to play. Drop off and pick up locations will be given out at registration.
♦ Extended Day Campers stay until 8pm.
♦ Dinner is provided.
♦ Extended Day Camper Hours are 9am-8pm.
♦ Lunch and dinner provided.
♦ Extended Day Camper Hours are 9am-5pm.
♦ Lunch is provided. Check-out immediately following closing ceremony.
Extended Day Camper Daily Schedule: MON 2pm-8pm TUES-WED 9am-8pm THURS 9am-5pm
Upon arrival, all participants are evaluated by the staff so that their own instructional needs can be addressed throughout the week. In addition, campers will be evaluated and then split up into smaller groups according to age and ability. Parents are invited to attend the closing ceremony! Departure immediately following.
Transportation is not provided by the camp to or from any airports. If you are flying to or from camp, we recommend using an airport shuttle service. Please schedule flights as close as you can to the check-in times on the first day and check-out times on the last day.
A detailed camper registration packet containing check in location, health/release forms, emergency contact numbers, and a checklist of things to bring will be emailed to all registered campers in the Spring. The US Sports Camps health and release forms do not require a doctor's signature and they will be collected on the first day of camp.
We cannot offer scholarships due to NCAA regulations. Our affiliation with NCAA coaches and schools puts us in a position where any scholarship money can be seen as an inducement to a future collegiate athlete. This puts our coaches and our host universities in jeopardy of damaging their status with the NCAA and incurring penalties at the hands of their organizing body.
*Please note, this information is subject to change.
Sample Daily Schedule
- 7:00 AM Wake-up, shower
- 7:45 AM Breakfast (Overnight campers only)
- 9:00 AM Dynamic Warm-up & Dribble Series
- 9:40 AM Skills Training
- 10:20 AM Full Court 3 on 3
- 11:00 AM 5 on 5 Games
- 12:00 PM Lunch
- 12:45 PM Skills Competitions
- 1:20 PM Shooting Instruction
- 1:40 PM Team Offense/Defense
- 2:20 PM Transition Drills
- 2:40 PM Half Court 5 on 5
- 3:10 PM FT Game
- 4:00 PM Half Court 3 on 3
- 5:00 PM Free time
- 5:30 PM Dinner
- 6:30 PM Back to gym, league games
- 9:00 PM Extended day campers depart
- 10:00 PM Overnight campers to rooms; lights out
Rising Star Sports Ranch Resort, located 80 miles north of Las Vegas and 36 miles south of St. George, is the country’s first resort specifically designed to host sports teams, camps, and their guests. The Rising Star Sports Ranch Resort features a 210 room hotel, restaurant, and multiple sports facilities.
Camp ReviewsSubmit a review
Food was healthy and the coaches promoted good nutrition.
June 27, 2017: The location is good for players from Las Vegas and southern Utah. Gives kids camp experience but not so far that it's burdensome on parents. This camp at Rising Star was very organized, concerned and courteous. My son loved the workouts and the food. He thought the food was healthy and that the coaches promoted good nutrition.
— Shauna W. Parent
Making new friends.
June 27, 2017: My favorite part of camp was being able to learn the game of basketball. I enjoyed meeting new people and making new friends!
— Elijah B. Camper
My son loved playing the games.
June 22, 2017: I was concerned because it was my sons first overnight camp but it was an amazing experience for him and as a parent, I was very pleased with the security and safety provided for all of the players. I am very happy that there is a program for athletes that allows them to develop on different levels. My son loved everything including the food, which is not easy to task with him!
— Karen J. Parent
Camp Dates & Prices
This program has concluded for the season.
Please Join our email list to be notified when this program is available for registration.