Nike Field Hockey Camp at Salisbury University
Improve your game and have serious fun
at Nike Field Hockey Camps
Come train and improve your game at this 2019 field hockey camp in Salisbury. Under the direction of Lindsey Barbacow, Assistant Coach of Salisbury field hockey team, campers can experience intensive and instructional drills that will take a player's field hockey game to the next level.
Field hockey players of all skill levels and positions are invited to join us this summer for an amazing camp experience at Salisbury University in Maryland!
- Excellent training facilities and coaching staff
- 10:1 Camper to Staff ratio
- 6-7 hours of daily field hockey training
- All campers receive a STX package (reversible jersey, ball, water bottle, lanyard) and other fun prizes.
- View More Details ⟩
Camp Director Lindsey Barbacow
Lindsey Barbacow is currently the Assistant Field Hockey Coach of Salisbury University .View Lindsey Barbacow's Bio ⟩
One of the top field coaches in the nation, Lindsey Barbacow coached for 8 years as Head Field Hockey Coach at the University of Mary Washington. In her first six years, the former Salisbury University All-American has kept the Eagles in prime position to remain one of the nation’s elite programs.
The 2012 National Field Hockey Coaches’ Association Region Coach of the Year, Barbacow led UMW to a season for the ages in 2012, posting a 20-2 record and advancing to the NCAA Division III national championship semifinals in Geneva, N.Y. She also gained Capital Athletic Conference Coach of the Year honors after finishing with an undefeated league record en route to the league regular season and tournament titles.
The Eagles remained one of the top teams in the nation in 2013, finishing 15-3 overall and ranking as high as sixth in the nation. All three of UMW’s losses came to top-five ranked opponents. The 2014 campaign saw the Eagles finish 14-5 and receive national rankings and awards once again.
Barbacow gained CAC Coach of the Year honors in 2015, as the Eagles were ranked as high as 12th in the nation, and hosted the CAC Championship contest. Last fall, the Eagles returned to the CAC Championship in a 12-5 campaign.
Barbacow led the Eagles to a 15-5 overall record in 2011, her first at the helm at UMW. She started her career by knocking off nationally-ranked Lynchburg College and Lebanon Valley College en route to a 15-win season which saw the team ranked as high as tenth in the nation. The Eagles raced to a 10-1 home record, with wins over state foes such as Washington & Lee University, Randolph-Macon College, and nationally-ranked Christopher Newport University.
She was a two-time first team All-American forward at Salisbury University, where she won an NCAA Division III national championship and played in four NCAA Tournaments from 2000-2003. A two-time Capital Athletic Conference Player of the Year, she was twice named to the all-NCAA tournament team at the final four.
As an assistant coach for four years at Salisbury from 2004-2007, she was part of two more national championship squads, as the Sea Gulls finished with an 80-7 record during that time, winning four CAC Championships. She earned her Bachelor of Science degree from Salisbury in 2004 in physical education, and gained her Master of Education degree from Salisbury in 2006.
Assistant Camp Director Dawn Chamberlin
Dawn Chamberlin is the most successful field hockey coach in Salisbury University history and is one of the all-time greats in Division III. Chamberlin was inducted into the National Field Hockey Coaches Association (NFHCA) Hall of Fame on January 17, 2009 as one of the six honorees in the Class of 2008.
This year we are offering Overnight and Extended Day (9:00am-9:00pm) camps for girls, ages 10-18, of all ability levels. See "More Camp Details" for further information.
2019 CAMP DATES
- June 20-23
This camp is open to girls, ages 10-18, of all abilities. Upon arrival, all participants are evaluated by the staff and placed into groups based on age and ability level. Campers will master the fundamentals and develop proper mechanics through a mix of drills, games and competitive play.
Please note: The following information may be subject to change.
2019 SESSION SCHEDULE
CAMP DATES: JUne 20-23
- Check-in: 12:00pm-1:30pm on Thursday
- Check-out: Graduation takes place at 11:30am on Sunday. Parents are invited to attend. Check out will take place immediately after.
- Extended Day Camper Schedule: Thursday: 12:00pm-9:00pm, Friday-Saturday: 9:00am-9:00pm, Sunday: 9:00am-12:00pm
What's included in the fee?
- Daily field hockey instruction
- Overnight campers: Dormitory housing on campus and all meals are provided.
- Extended Day campers: Lunch and dinner are provided.
- Evening Activities: Spirit days, yoga, and swimming
- Supervision: Staff members reside in campers’ quarters and participate in all activities.
- Camp Gear: All campers receive a STX package (reversible jersey, ball, water bottle, lanyard) and other fun prizes.
INSTRUCTION, EQUIPMENT & FACILITY
- Ratio: 1:10 staff to camper ratio
- Players Grouped by: ability, age, years of experience
- Equipment Needed: Hockey stick, water bottle, mouth guard, shin guards, court and turf shoes (goalies must bring full goalie protective equipment)
- Inclement Weather Plan: We will use an indoor facility or will be learning strategy and technique in a classroom on campus.
- Medical Protocol: Most camps have an athletic trainer on-site to help with illness or injury. In case of an emergency, campers will be transported to the nearest hospital.
The information below is based on previous years and is subject to change each year. Final housing information for this camp will be provided in the Camper Registration Packets, emailed to all campers closer to the camp’s start date.
- Campers Per Room: 2 per room
- Roommates: Rooms are assigned by age & roommate requests. Roommate requests must be received no later than 14 days before the start of camp. If you don't have a roommate request, you will be placed in a room with someone near your age. It will be a great opportunity to meet someone new!
- Bathrooms: Shared
- Linens: Not provided. Bring linens or sleeping bag, pillow, pillowcase and a towel
- Air Conditioning: Please refer to the Camper Registration Packet. A/C availability depends on our specific dorm assignment.
Nike Field Hockey Camps does not provide transportation from airports, train stations or bus depots. If you have a child flying to camp, please arrange a shuttle or taxi service. The closest airports to campus are Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport and Richmond International Airport.
If you have a group of eight or more campers registering for the same camp, each camper is eligible for a discount. Please have someone contact the US Sports Camps office at 1-800-645-3226 with the names of each camper in the group and we will create a unique discount code for your group. Campers may then register individually through the website at their convenience and apply the offer code during check out.
A detailed camper registration packet containing check in location, health/release forms, emergency contact info, and a list of things to bring will be emailed to all registered campers in the Spring. Our health and release forms may require a doctor's signature (please reference your camp packet). All required forms will be collected on the first day of camp.
Camps are open to any and all entrants, limited only by number, age, grade level and/or gender.
Sample Daily Schedule
- 7:30am Wake-up call
- 8:00am Breakfast
- 9:00am Roll Call and proceed to fields
- 9:15am Stretch and Warm-up game
- 9:30am Fundamental skills work session
- 11:30am Cool down, stretch, pick up equipment
- 11:45am Lunch
- 2:15pm Roll Call and proceed to the fields
- 2:30pm Stretch and Warm-up game
- 3:00pm Small Games
- 4:30pm Cool down, stretch, pick up equipment
- 5:00pm Dinner
- 6:15pm Roll Call and proceed to fields
- 6:30pm Games with coaching and officiating
- 8:15pm Cool down, stretch, pick up equipment
- 8:20pm Proceed to dorms
- 9:00pm Extended Day Campers depart. Evening activity for Overnight Campers.
- 10:30pm Room Check - all campers in room at this time
- 11:00pm Lights Out
Salisbury University is located in the city of Salisbury, and spreads over 220 acres. This campus contains state-of-of-the-art athletic facilities, that includes a multi-use stadium and practice fields.