Nike Field Hockey Camp at The Ellis School
Improve your game and have serious fun
at Nike Field Hockey Camps
Join us at our new field hockey camp in East Pittsburgh at The Ellis School! Athletes are invited to receive top-notch training through specialized drills from Head Varsity Coach, Alexx Miller, and her dedicated staff.
This summer 2023 field hockey camp in Pennsylvania is designed to improve each player's stick game through individualized training. This opportunity allows campers to take their skills to the next level with other athletes who share the same love for field hockey, and have some serious fun!
- High quality instruction
- Excellent training facilities
- 1:10 staff to camper ratio
- Training sessions for all skill levels
- All attendee receive a Nike Field Hockey Camps package (reversible jersey, ball, lanyard) and other fun prizes.
- View More Details ⟩
Camp Director Alexx Miller
Alexx Miller is the Head Varsity Field Hockey Coach at The Ellis School.View Alexx's Bio ⟩
Alexx is a 2020 graduate from Cedar Crest College where she studied nursing and was a 3-year captain of the field hockey team. She became CSAC Defensive Player of the year during her junior season and received many other accolades including All-CSAC first and second teams. Her coaching career started at The Ellis School in 2021 as the assistant coach and took over the head coaching position for the 2022 season where she led the varsity field hockey team to a WPIAL championship. Alexx is excited to bring the highest level of sportsmanship, leadership, and respect to Western Pennsylvania field hockey and is excited to bring new energy and ideas to the younger athletes!
staff Camp Staff
Our Camp Director will be assisted by a talented staff which may include current and former collegiate coaches and players, club coaches, and high school coaches.
SECURE YOUR SPOT!
You can expect high demand for these first-come-first-serve camper spots, so please be sure to register early.
- Dates: 2024 Dates Coming Soon. Join Priority List!
- Age Group: 10-15*
- Gender: Girls
- Camp Type: Day Camp
- Schedule: Monday-Thursday, 9:00am-1:00pm
- Check-in: 30 minutes prior to camp start time
- Lunch: Lunch is not provided, please bring a snack to camp each day.
- Program: This All Skills program is geared towards players of all abilities. The camp program includes stick work instruction & skills, technical & tactical training, offensive & defensive skills, and positioning work. Goalie-specific training is available as well. Upon arrival, all participants are evaluated by the staff and placed into groups based on age and ability level.
*This camp is suited for 4th graders through incoming 9th graders.
Please note: Camp schedules and details may be subject to change.
WHAT IS INCLUDED IN THE FEE?
- Instruction: Training sessions for all skill levels
- Lunch: Please bring a snack to camp each day. Lunch is not provided.
- Supervision: Campers are supervised by staff during camp hours.
- Camp Gear: All campers receive a Nike Field Hockey Camps package (reversible jersey, ball, lanyard) and other fun prizes.
INSTRUCTION, EQUIPMENT & FACILITY
- Ratio: 1:10 staff-to-camper ratio
- Groupings: Campers are grouped by age, ability, and experience.
- Equipment Needed: Hockey stick, water bottle, mouth guard, shin guards, turf shoes (goalies must bring full goalie protective equipment)
- Inclement Weather Plan: In the case of a cancelled day due to rain, Friday will be used as a make-up day.
- Medical Protocol: Most camps have an athletic trainer on-site to help with illness or injury. In case of an emergency, campers will be transported to the nearest hospital.
PREPARE FOR CAMP: COMPLETE YOUR PRE-CAMP CHECKLIST
To view your customer account, complete your mandatory forms, pay balance dues, and review
important camp information, visit Pre-Camp Checklist.
All necessary camp information is on this page. If there are any imperative changes prior to
camp start, registered campers will be notified via email and this webpage will be updated!
CHECKLIST OF THINGS TO BRING
Below is a suggested list of clothes, equipment, and personal items. US Sports Camps is NOT responsible for lost or stolen articles or money.
- Athletic, on-field clothing (t-shirts, shorts)
- Turf shoes or sneakers
- Reversible jersey
- Hockey Stick(s)
- Mouth guard
- Shin guards
- Goggles (not required, but recommended)
- Court shoes for indoor play in case of rain
- Goalies must bring their own full protective equipment
- Water bottle
- Small gym bag/backpack
- Packed snacks
- Spending money
- COVID PPE (as required by state/local guidelines)
- Signed Health & Release forms and waivers (forms completed online do not need to be printed and turned in at camp)
Transportation is not provided. Campers are responsible for getting to and from camp on their own. There is no supervision before or after camp hours so please make arrangements to pick up your child on time.
For information regarding our cancellation policy and all other company policies, please visit USSC Policies.
NIKE FIELD HOCKEY CAMP FAQ
For general questions about our field hockey camps please see our FAQ page.
If you have a group of eight or more campers registering for the same camp, each camper is eligible for a discount. Please have someone contact the US Sports Camps office at 1-800-645-3226 with the names of each camper in the group and we will create a unique discount code for your group. Campers may then register individually through the website at their convenience and apply the offer code during check out. *Discount amount varies by program. Please call for details.
Camps are open to any and all entrants, limited only by number, age, grade level and/or gender.Show Less See More Camp Details
- 9:00am Campers arrive, warm up
- 9:15-11:00am Training Session I
- 11:00am-11:30am Snack/Break
- 11:30am-1:00pm Training Session II
- 1:00pm Campers depart
Field Hockey campers will train on campus at The Ellis School's high-quality training facilities in the East End of Pittsburgh.
July 14, 2023: The skills lessons and learning new ones as well
SECURE YOUR SPOT – CAMPS SELL OUT!
Last year over 650 Sports Camps sold out, leaving 7,000+ campers on the waitlist. Due to high demand, early registration for our first-come-first-serve camps is strongly recommended.