Nike Field Hockey Camp, Fredericksburg
Improve your game and have serious fun
at Nike Field Hockey Camps
Join us for our 2019 field hockey camp in Fredericksburg, VA. This camp offers girls ages 9-14 the opportunity to train, compete, and improve alongside other athletes who share their love for the game college level coaching.
This girls field hockey summer camp in Virginia is open to girls of all skills levels looking to take their game to the next level and have serious fun!
- Instruction from college coaches and players
- Partner Camp of USA Field Hockey; sanctioned to make referrals to USAFH Futures program
- Special goalkeeping instruction
- All campers receive a STX package (reversible jersey, ball, water bottle, lanyard) and other fun prizes.
- View More Details ⟩
Director Jamie Tierney-Harris
In fall of 2018, Jamie Tierney-Harris was named the new head field hockey coach at the University of Mary Washington, pending final HR approval, according to interim Director of Athletics Patrick Catullo.View Jamie 's Bio ⟩
Tierney-Harris comes to UMW from James Monroe High School in Fredericksburg. She has led the Yellow Jackets to nine state tournaments in 14 years as head coach, including the 2017 Virginia state championship. She also brings a wealth of experience at the club level, having served as the head coach for High Voltage Travel hockey club in Fredericksburg, one of the top clubs in the country, since 2006.
Tierney-Harris was a four-year starter at Radford University, and has both played and coached for the USA Futures program, also having served as coordinator of youth programing. She has played internationally as part of the program as well, playing on the women's national indoor team. She holds a Level 2 coaching license from USA field hockey.
Her other experiences include serving as health and physical education teacher at James Monroe High School since 2015, with duties including coordinating lessons, fitness plans, and activities to promote fitness and wellness.
She also served as co-director of Fredericksburg Field House from 2006-13, where she handled aspects of daily operations including scheduling games and execution of all youth sports, camps, and clinics.
This year we are offering a Day Camp that runs Monday-Thursday from 9:00am-3:00pm daily. Camp is geared towards girls (ages 10-18), of all ability levels. Early drop-off and late pick-up are available at an additional cost. See "More Camp Details" for further information.
2019 CAMP DATES
- July 22-25
This camp is open to girls ages 10-18, of all abilities. Upon arrival, all participants are evaluated by the staff and placed into groups based on age and ability level. Campers will master the fundamentals and develop proper mechanics through a mix of drills, games and competitive play.
Please note: The following information may be subject to change.
2019 SCHEDULE AND INFORMATION
Camp Dates: JuLY 22-25
- Daily Hours: Monday-Thursday, 9:00am-3:00pm
- Check-in: 8:30am on Monday
- Check-out: Graduation is on Thursday at 2:30pm. Parents are invited to attend! Check out will follow immediately after.
- Lunch: is available to purchase for $26 for the week
Early drop-off is available for campers at an additional fee of $30 (for all 4 days). This fee includes supervision and activities provided by the Virginia Beach Field House staff Monday-Thursday from 7AM-9AM. Pro-rates are not available.
Late pick-up is available for campers at an additional fee of $45 (for all 4 days). This fee includes supervision and activities provided by the Virginia Beach Field House staff Monday-Thursday from 3PM-6PM. Pro-rates are not available.
What's included in the fee?
- Daily field hockey instruction
- Campers are supervised by staff during camp hours.
- Camp Gear: All campers receive a STX package (reversible jersey, ball, water bottle, lanyard) and other fun prizes.
INSTRUCTION, EQUIPMENT & FACILITY
- Ratio: 1:10 staff to camper ratio
- Players Grouped by: ability, age, years of experience
- Equipment Needed: Hockey stick, water bottle, mouth guard, shin guards, turf shoes (goalies must bring full goalie protective equipment)
- Inclement Weather Plan: In the case of a cancelled day due to rain, Friday will be used as a make up day.
- Medical Protocol: Most camps have an athletic trainer on-site to help with illness or injury. In case of an emergency, campers will be transported to the nearest hospital.
Transportation is not provided. Campers are responsible for getting to and from camp on their own. There is no supervision before or after camp hours so please make arrangements to pick up your child on time.
If you have a group of eight or more campers registering for the same camp, each camper is eligible for a discount. Please have someone contact the US Sports Camps office at 1-800-645-3226 with the names of each camper in the group and we will create a unique discount code for your group. Campers may then register individually through the website at their convenience and apply the offer code during check out. *Discount amount varies by program. Please call for details.
A detailed camper registration packet containing check in location, health/release forms, emergency contact info, and a list of things to bring will be emailed to all registered campers in the Spring. Our health and release forms may require a doctor's signature (please reference your camp packet). All required forms will be collected on the first day of camp.
Camps are open to any and all entrants, limited only by number, age, grade level and/or gender.
Sample Daily Schedule
- 9:00am Campers arrive, warm up
- 9:15-11:30am Skills and small game tactics
- 11:30am-12:15pm Lunch
- 12:15-12:45pm Lecture and demonstration
- 1:00-3:00pm Drills, games, and scrimmaging
- 3:00pm Campers depart
The Fredericksburg Field House is Central Virginia’s premier indoor artificial turf facility covering over 75,000 square feet. This facility is fully air conditioned and offers a full outdoor field to utilize as well.