Nike Field Hockey Camp at Loomis Chaffee School
Improve your game and have serious fun
at Nike Field Hockey Camps
This 2019 field hockey camp in Connecticut will elevate a player's skills and prepare them for their upcoming season. Under the direction of Loomis Chaffee Field Hockey coaches Manya Steinfeld and Bradi True, players will engage in intensive drills and game-like scenarios with other field hockey players throughout Hartford County.
This girls field hockey camp in Windsor allows players of all ability levels to improve in the sport they love, while making new friends and lasting memories!
- Excellent training facilities and coaching staff
- Five hours of instruction daily
- 1:10 staff to camper ratio
- All campers receive a STX package (reversible jersey, ball, water bottle, lanyard) and other fun prizes
- View More Details ⟩
Camp Co-Director Manya Steinfeld
Manya Steinfeld became Head Coach of the Loomis Chaffee varsity field hockey team in 2016.View Manya's Bio ⟩
Prior to Loomis, she was the assistant field hockey coach at Washington and Jefferson College, and Keystone College. In those years, Manya coached four First Team Conference players, five Second Team players and three Honorable Mentions. She coached the Empire 8 Rookie of the Year, one All-Region player and two ECAC Players of the Week. The Washington and Jefferson team was a semifinalist for the Empire 8 Conference championship in 2014 and 2015. Manya earned her USA Field Hockey Level 1 Coaching License in 2016.
Manya was a four-year defensive starter and two-time captain at Bryn Mawr College. She earned Bryn Mawr’s Rookie of the Year award, Yeager Team Award, and Field Hockey Award as well as being a member of the All-Academic Team for two years. After graduation, Manya spent a year playing with the Copenhagen Field Hockey Club in Copenhagen, Denmark, earning bronze medals for both the indoor and outdoor seasons.
Manya lives on campus and is an affiliate with Palmer Hall. She enjoys watching the New England Patriots and sailing.
Camp Co-Director Bradi True
Bradi True is the Assistant Coach of the Loomis Chaffee varsity field hockey team.
This year we are offering a Day Camp that runs Sunday-Wednesdayfrom 9:00am-3:00pm daily. Camp is geared towards girls, ages 10-18, of all ability levels. See "More Camp Details" for further information.
2019 CAMP DATES
- June 23-26
This camp is open to girls, ages 10-18, of all abilities. Upon arrival, all participants are evaluated by the staff and placed into groups based on age and ability level. Campers will master the fundamentals and develop proper mechanics through a mix of drills, games and competitive play.
Please note: The following information may be subject to change.
2019 SESSION SCHEDULES & INFORMATION
CAMP DATES: JULY 23-26
- Daily Hours: Sunday-Wednesday, 9:00am-3:00pm
- Check-in: 8:30am on Sunday
- Check-out: Graduation is on Wednesday at 2:30pm. Parents are invited to attend! Check out will follow immediately after.
- Lunch: Lunch is not provided, please bring a sack lunch to camp each day.
WHAT'S INCLUDED IN THE FEE?
- Daily field hockey instruction
- Campers are supervised by staff during camp hours.
- Camp Gear: All campers receive a STX package (reversible jersey, ball, water bottle, lanyard) and other fun prizes.
INSTRUCTION, EQUIPMENT & FACILITY
- Ratio: 1:10 staff to camper ratio
- Players Grouped by: ability, age, years of experience
- Equipment Needed: Hockey stick, water bottle, mouth guard, shin guards, turf shoes (goalies must bring full goalie protective equipment)
- Inclement Weather Plan: In the case of a cancelled day due to rain, Friday will be used as a make up day.
- Medical Protocol: Most camps have an athletic trainer on-site to help with illness or injury. In case of an emergency, campers will be transported to the nearest hospital.
Transportation is not provided. Campers are responsible for getting to and from camp on their own. There is no supervision before or after camp hours so please make arrangements to pick up your child on time.
If you have a group of eight or more campers registering for the same camp, each camper is eligible for a discount. Please have someone contact the US Sports Camps office at 1-800-645-3226 with the names of each camper in the group and we will create a unique discount code for your group. Campers may then register individually through the website at their convenience and apply the offer code during check out. *Discount amount varies by program. Please call for details.
A detailed camper registration packet containing check in location, health/release forms, emergency contact info, and a list of things to bring will be emailed to all registered campers in the Spring. Our health and release forms may require a doctor's signature (please reference your camp packet). All required forms will be collected on the first day of camp.
Camps are open to any and all entrants, limited only by number, age, grade level and/or gender.
Sample Daily Schedule
- 9:00am Campers arrive, warm up
- 9:15-11:30am Skills and small game tactics
- 11:30am-12:15pm Lunch
- 12:15-12:45pm Lecture and demonstration
- 1:00-3:00pm Drills, games, and scrimmaging
- 3:00pm Campers depart
The Loomis Chaffee School is a renowned New England boarding school located on a 300-acre campus in Windsor, Connecticut, which contains two state-of-the-art turf fields that are designed for field hockey players to train and compete on.