Nike Field Hockey Camp Mass Maritime Academy
Improve your game and have serious fun
at Nike Field Hockey Camps
Get better this summer at one of our 2019 field hockey camps in Massachusetts at Mass Maritime. These summer camps for kids provide the opportunity for players to improve their field hockey skills and have lots of fun!
This top notch field hockey camp in Buzzards Bay is open to boys and girls, ages 10-18, looking to take their game to the next level and learn valuable skills before the start of their next season.
- Partner Camp of USA Field Hockey; sanctioned to make referrals to USAFH Futures program
- 10:1 Camper to Staff ratio
- Excellent training facilities
- All campers receive a STX package (reversible jersey, ball, water bottle, lanyard) and other fun prizes.
- View More Details ⟩
Camp Director Lauren Chenevert
Coach Lauren Chenevert has been the head field hockey coach Shrewsbury High School since 1999. She was Central Massachusetts Coach of the year in 2005 & 2007.View Lauren Chenevert's Bio ⟩
Some of her accomplishments include:
- 2012 and 2007 State Finalists
- 2009 State Semi-Finalists
- 2012, 2009 & 2007 CMass District Champs
- 2004 CMASS District Finalists
- 2005 and 2007 Central Mass Coach of the Year
- Four CMASS Players of the Year
- 10 Mid-Wach A League MVPs.
- Founder Worcester County United Field Hockey Academy, 2006
- Former Futures Elite assistant coach
- Cape Cod Classic and Super Sophs Massachusetts State coach – 1999-present
- Four championships CCC
- Three championships SS
- Graduate of Springfield College: minor in coaching, a member of the field hockey team
- Camp Coach: UConn, Springfield College, Holy Cross, WPI
- Coached players attending UConn, Boston College, UAlbany, Providence College, Stonehill College, Assumption College, Babson College, Bowdoin College etc.
- Several players have gone on to become collegiate All-Americans and have won NCAA titles
- Married eight years, with three children, Masters in Education
This year we are offering an Overnight and Extended Day (9:00am-9:00pm) camp for boys and girls, ages 10-18, of all ability levels. See "More Camp Details" for further information.
2019 CAMP DATES
- July 9-12
All sessions are open to boys and girls, ages 10-18, of all abilities. Upon arrival, all participants are evaluated by the staff and placed into groups based on age and ability level. Campers will master the fundamentals and develop proper mechanics through a mix of drills, games and competitive play.
Please note: The following information may be subject to change
2019 SESSION SCHEDULE
CAMP DATES: JuLY 9-12
- Check-in: 1:00pm-2:00pm on Tuesday.
- Check-out: Final games begin at 9:00am on Friday. Graduation will take place at 12:00pm. Parents are invited to attend. Check out will take place immediately after.
- Extended Day Camper Schedule: Tuesday: 1:00pm-9:00pm, Wednesday-Thursday: 9:00am-9:00pm, Friday: 9:00am-12:00pm
What's included in the fee?
- Daily field hockey instruction
- Overnight campers: Dormitory housing on campus and all meals are provided.
- Extended Day campers: Lunch and dinner are provided.
- Supervision: Staff members reside in campers’ quarters and participate in all activities.
- Camp Gear: All campers receive a STX package (reversible jersey, ball, water bottle, lanyard) and other fun prizes.
INSTRUCTION, EQUIPMENT & FACILITY
- Ratio: 1:10 staff to camper ratio
- Players Grouped by: ability, age, years of experience
- Equipment Needed: Hockey stick, water bottle, mouth guard, shin guards, court and turf shoes (goalies must bring full goalie protective equipment)
- Inclement Weather Plan: TBA for 2018
- Medical Protocol: Most camps have an athletic trainer on-site to help with illness or injury. In case of an emergency, campers will be transported to the nearest hospital.
The information below is based on previous years and is subject to change each year. Final housing information for this camp will be provided in the Camper Registration Packets, emailed to all campers closer to the camp’s start date.
- Campers Per Room: 3
- Roommates: Rooms are assigned by age & roommate requests. Roommate requests must be received no later than 14 days before the start of camp. If you don't have a roommate request, you will be placed in a room with someone near your age. It will be a great opportunity to meet someone new!
- Bathrooms: Shared on each floor
- Linens: Not provided. Bring linens or sleeping bag, pillow, pillowcase and a towel
- Air Conditioning: Please refer to the Camper Registration Packet. A/C availability depends on our specific dorm assignment.
Nike Field Hockey Camps does not provide transportation from airports, train stations or bus depots. If you have a child flying to camp, please arrange a shuttle or taxi service. The closest airport to campus is Boston-Logan International Airport.
If you have a group of eight or more campers registering for the same camp, each camper is eligible for a discount. Please have someone contact the US Sports Camps office at 1-800-645-3226 with the names of each camper in the group and we will create a unique discount code for your group. Campers may then register individually through the website at their convenience and apply the offer code during check out. *Discount amount varies by program. Please call for details.
A detailed camper registration packet containing check in location, health/release forms, emergency contact info, and a list of things to bring will be emailed to all registered campers in the Spring. Our health and release forms may require a doctor's signature (please reference your camp packet). All required forms will be collected on the first day of camp.
Camps are open to any and all entrants, limited only by number, age, grade level and/or gender.
*This camp must comply with regulations of the Massachusetts Department of Public Health and be licensed by LBOH. Parents/guardians can request copies of background check procedures, health care and discipline policies and grievance procedures.
Sample Daily Schedule
- 7:00am Wake-up, shower, breakfast
- 9:00am Extended Day Campers arrive. Stretching & Warm-up
- 9:15am Training Session I
- 12:00pm Lunch, rest
- 1:30pm Training Session II
- 4:00pm Free time, rest
- 5:30pm Dinner
- 6:30pm Training Session III
- 9:00pm Extended Day Camper depart, Overnight Campers to rooms, free time
- 10:00pm Lights out
MMA's beautiful campus is located on Taylor's Point in Buzzards Bay, Massachusetts.
Camp ReviewsSubmit a review
November 09, 2018: My daughter was a relatively new player and went to this camp - without knowing anyone. She made some great friends and had a great time learning and increasing her skill level! I am excited to share - she won an award last night after her fall season with the school team - for Most improved player!
— Anne R. Parent0
Learned a lot
July 14, 2018: Katherine said she learned a lot. She came home and was immediately practicing in the yard!
— Kim D. Parent0
July 20, 2017: New to the game, actually camp was 1st time playing at all. She learned a lot and had a great time doing it!
— Lisa O. Parent0
Loved meeting new players!
July 20, 2017: Highlights include - in drills playing 1v1 or 2v2 etc. in small areas being able to work on looking for the open space (really helped skills), meeting different field hockey players from all over Massachusetts, and being able to talk to coaches about their field hockey experience.
— Donal C. Parent
Learned a lot of new skills!
July 17, 2017: Jayden enjoyed the camp, and felt like she learned a lot of new skills that will help her in her upcoming high school season.
— Marjorie W. Parent
Friendly coaching staff
July 20, 2016: The coaching staff is very friendly and does a fabulous job instructing, night games were fun and competitive.
— Pamela C. Parent
Prepare for tryouts
July 22, 2015: Improving technical skills, learning games, all the field hockey learning part was really great and our daughter has learned a lot. I believe it was a great outcome for her to build up the confident level to prepare her tryouts. She made the Varsity. Thank you.
— Kana W. Parent
July 22, 2015: This camp is very intense in many aspects and the coaches are some of the best I've ever had. Not only are they extremely nice and understanding, but they teach you great skills that you would not learn anywhere else. I would definitely recommend this camp to others as my experience was truly great.
— Claire L. Camper
Took the time to help
July 20, 2015: Instruction was clear and they helped anyone who didn't get what was going on, worked with people as long as they needed.
— Maia S. Camper
Loved the coaches
July 18, 2015: I love this camp for several reasons. The things I learned will definitely be used on the field this upcoming seasons. I seriously appreciate all that the coaches taught us.
— Julia C. Camper