Nike Field Hockey Camp at The Pennington School
Improve your game and have serious fun
at Nike Field Hockey Camps
This New Jersey field hockey camp is designed to help campers take their game to the next level.
Our summer camp in Pennington offers an extended day camp and overnight camp options for girls, ages 10-18. The coaching staff at The Pennington School has developed a sports camp program tailored to advance your game and grow your love of field hockey.
- 10:1 Camper to Staff ratio
- Excellent training facilities
- Evening yoga and specialized GK training
- Partner Camp of USA Field Hockey; sanctioned to make referrals to USAFH Futures program
- All campers receive a STX package (reversible jersey, ball, water bottle, lanyard) and other fun prizes.
- View More Details ⟩
Camp Director Wendy Morris
Coach Wendy Morris, with 26 years of coaching experience, completed her 6th field hockey season at The Pennington School. Coach Morris is head coach of the U16 Futures Site for Central New Jersey.View Wendy Morris's Bio ⟩
Many of Coach Morris's players have gone on to play at some of the top Division I, II and III teams in the country. She teaches Latin and is also the Head Coach of the Pennington Girls Lacrosse Team.
This year we are offering Overnight (Ages 12-18 | Grades: Rising 8th-12th) and Extended Day (ages 10-18 | 9:00am-9:00pm) camps for girls of all ability levels. See "More Camp Details" for further information.
2018 CAMP DATES
- July 18-21
This camp is open to girls, ages 10-18, of all abilities. Upon arrival, all participants are evaluated by the staff and placed into groups based on age and ability level. Campers will master the fundamentals and develop proper mechanics through a mix of drills, games and competitive play.
Please note: The following information may be subject to change.
2018 SESSION SCHEDULE
CAMP DATES: JULY 18-21
- Check-in: 1:00pm-2:00pm on Wednesday
- Check-out: Graduation takes place at 12:00pm on Saturday. Parents are invited to attend. Check out will take place immediately after.
- Extended Day Camper Schedule: Wednesday: 2:00pm-9:00pm, Thursday-Friday: 9:00am-9:00pm, Saturday: 9:00am-12:00pm
Please note: The following information may be subject to change.
What's Included in the Fee?
- Daily field hockey instruction
- Swimming and yoga
- Overnight campers: Dormitory housing on campus and all meals are provided.
- Extended Day campers: Lunch and dinner are provided.
- Supervision: Staff members reside in campers’ quarters and participate in all activities.
- Camp Gear: All campers receive a STX package (reversible jersey, ball, water bottle, lanyard) and other fun prizes.
INSTRUCTION, EQUIPMENT & FACILITY
- Ratio: 1:10 staff to camper ratio
- Players Grouped by: ability, age, years of experience
- Equipment Needed: Hockey stick, water bottle, mouth guard, shin guards, court and turf shoes (goalies must bring full goalie protective equipment)
- Medical Protocol: Most camps have an athletic trainer on-site to help with illness or injury. In case of an emergency, campers will be transported to the nearest hospital.
- Please note, to stay overnight campers must be 12 or older.
- Dorm: Becher and Old Main
- Campers Per Room: 2-3 per room
- Roommates: Rooms are assigned by age & roommate requests. Roommate requests must be received no later than 14 days before the start of camp. If you don't have a roommate request, you will be placed in a room with someone near your age. It will be a great opportunity to meet someone new!
- Bathrooms: Shared
- Linens: Not provided. Bring linens or sleeping bag, pillow, pillowcase and a towel
- Air Conditioning: Yes
Nike Field Hockey Camps does not provide transportation from airports, train stations or bus depots. If you have a child flying to camp, please arrange a shuttle or taxi service. The closest airport to campus is Trenton-Mercer Airport.
If you have a group of eight or more campers registering for the same camp, each camper is eligible for a discount. Please have someone contact the US Sports Camps office at 1-800-645-3226 with the names of each camper in the group and we will create a unique discount code for your group. Campers may then register individually through the website at their convenience and apply the offer code during check out. *Discount amount varies by program. Please call for details.
A detailed camper registration packet containing check in location, health/release forms, emergency contact info, and a list of things to bring will be emailed to all registered campers in the Spring. Our health and release forms may require a doctor's signature (please reference your camp packet). All required forms will be collected on the first day of camp.
Camps are open to any and all entrants, limited only by number, age, grade level and/or gender.
Sample Daily Schedule
- 7:00am Wake-up, shower, breakfast
- 9:00am Extended Day & Day Campers arrive. Stretching & Warm-up
- 9:15am Training Session I
- 12:00pm Lunch, rest
- 1:30pm Training Session II
- 4:00pm Free time, rest
- 5:30pm Dinner
- 6:30pm Training Session III
- 9:00pm Extended Day Camper depart, Overnight Campers to rooms, free time
- 10:00pm Lights out
Located just 40 miles from Philadelphia and 60 from NYC, Pennington is centrally located with easy access for our campers coming from across the Northeast.
Camp ReviewsSubmit a review
August 14, 2017: It was a great experience for my daughter. Really built team skills and a chance to be more independent with like minded girls. It was worth the money.
— Rachel C. Parent
July 31, 2017: Lizzie loved the instruction, the variety of activities and enjoyed the other campers a lot. Everything looked well run and the experience was great.
— Samantha D. Parent
Had a blast!
July 31, 2017: She really enjoyed every single part of it!! She loved boarding too! She had a blast!
— Chelsi M. Parent
She will be back next year!
July 31, 2017: This was my daughter's first sleepaway camp. She loved every minute. Also, I GREATLY appreciated the flexibility in letting her leave with me to participate in her (unexpected) championship softball game. Ms. Morris had the girls cheer her on before leaving instead of resenting the disruption. Mack also felt an enormous amount of camaraderie which can be difficult to cultivate in such a short period of time. She will definitely be back next year!
— Cindy W. Parent
Learned new skills!
July 31, 2017: A few highlights were playing field hockey all day, being with friends, and learning new skills.
— Dawne M. Camper
July 28, 2016: The coaches are so friendly, and accomodating the whole time you are at camp!
— Isabel W. Camper
July 25, 2015: This camp has very strong instruction with such a caring and supportive coaching staff.
— Annie L. Camper
Camp Dates & Prices
This program has concluded for the season.
Please Join our email list to be notified when this program is available for registration.