Nike Field Hockey Camp at The Pennington School
Improve your game and have serious fun
at Nike Field Hockey Camps
Join us at our New Jersey field hockey camp this summer 2022. This camp is designed to help campers take their game to the next level through intensive drill work and competitive game play, and have fun doing it!
Our summer camp in Pennington offers extended day and overnight options for girls, ages 12-18. Head Coach Wendy Morris and The Pennington School's coaching staff have developed a sports camp program tailored to advance your game and grow your love of field hockey.
- Instruction from college coaches and players
- Partner Camp of USA Field Hockey; sanctioned to make referrals to USAFH Nexus program
- Low staff to camper ratio
- Evening yoga and specialized GK training
- All attendee receive a Nike Field Hockey Camps package (reversible jersey, ball, lanyard) and other fun prizes.
- View More Details ⟩
Camp Director Wendy Morris
Wendy Morris is the Head Field Hockey Coach at The Pennington School.View Wendy's Bio ⟩
Coach Wendy Morris, with 32 years of coaching experience, completed her 11th field hockey season as the varsity coach of The Pennington School Field Hockey Team. Coach Morris has coached U19 and U16 players for USA Field Hockey Futures Program in New Jersey. She was a member of the USA Masters World Cup team that participated in the 2018 Masters World Cup in Barcelona, Spain. She continues to play club hockey and participate in USA Masters tournaments. Her daughters attended and played field hockey at the collegiate Division I level. Many of Coach Morris's players have gone on to play at some of the top Division I, II and III teams in the country. She teaches Latin and is also the head coach of the Pennington Girls Lacrosse Team.
Additional Coaches Pennington Camp Staff
Our Camp Director will be assisted by a talented staff which includes the Pennington coaching staff, area varsity high school coaches, current and former collegiate players, and other college and club coaches.
SECURE YOUR SPOT!
Please note: Last year this camp SOLD OUT at this location. You can expect high demand on these first-come-first-serve camper spots, so please be sure to register early.
For 2023, this camp will be held at The Lawrenceville School, just 6 miles away. Camp will still be directed by Pennington Head Coach, Wendy Morris. To get all camp details and register, please visit Nike Field Hockey Camp at The Lawrenceville School.
- Dates: July 12-15
- Age Group: Ages 12-18
- Gender: Girls
- Camp Types: Overnight & Extended Day (Commuter) Camp
- Meals: All meals are provided for Overnight campers. Lunch and dinner are provided for all Extended Day (commuter) campers.
- Program: The All Skills program is geared towards players of all abilities. The camp program includes stick work instruction & skills, technical & tactical training, offensive & defensive skills, and positioning work. Goalie-specific training is offered as well. Upon arrival, all participants are evaluated by the staff and placed into groups based on age and ability level.
- Check-in: 1:00pm-2:00pm on Tuesday
- Check-in Location: Enter from the West Delaware entrance, NOT Burd Street entrance. Check-in will take place at the Plaza in the center of campus between the Campus Center and the Gym.
- Check-out: Graduation takes place at 12:00pm on Friday. Parents are invited to attend. Check-out will take place after from 12:00-12:30 pm.
- Extended Day (Commuter) Schedule: Tuesday: 2:00pm-9:00pm, Wednesday-Thursday: 9:00am-9:00pm, Friday: 9:00am-12:30pm
Please note: Camp schedules and details may be subject to change.
The information below is subject to change each year. Please note, to stay overnight campers must be 12 or older.
- Dorms: Buck Hall & Old Main Dorms (Grace Hall, Goorley Hall and Green Hall)
- Number of Campers Per Room: 2-3 per room
- Roommates: Rooms are assigned by age & roommate requests. Roommate requests must be mutual and received no later than 14 days before the start of camp. If you don't have a roommate request, you will be placed in a room with someone near your age. It will be a great opportunity to meet someone new!
- Bathrooms: Shared in suite or shared on hall
- Linens: Not provided. Bring linens or sleeping bag, pillow, pillowcase and a towel
- Air Conditioning: Yes!
- Room key/Meal card Deposit: Not required.
WHAT'S INCLUDED IN THE FEE?
- Instruction: All training sessions
- Overnight campers: Dormitory housing on campus and all meals are provided.
- Extended Day campers: Lunch and dinner are provided.
- Extra Activities: Swimming and yoga
- Supervision: Staff members reside in campers’ quarters and participate in all activities.
- Camp Gear: All campers receive a Nike Field Hockey Camps package (reversible jersey, ball, lanyard) and other fun prizes.
INSTRUCTION, EQUIPMENT & FACILITY
- Ratio: 1:10 staff-to-camper ratio
- Groupings: Campers are grouped by ability, age, and experience.
- Equipment Needed: Hockey stick, water bottle, mouth guard, shin guards, court and turf shoes (goalies must bring full goalie protective equipment)
- Medical Protocol: Most camps have an athletic trainer on-site to help with illness or injury. In case of an emergency, campers will be transported to the nearest hospital.
PREPARE FOR CAMP: COMPLETE YOUR PRE-CAMP CHECKLIST
To view your customer account, complete your mandatory forms, pay balance dues, and review
important camp information, visit Pre-Camp Checklist.
All necessary camp information is on this page. If there are any imperative changes prior to
camp start, registered campers will be notified via email and this webpage will be updated!
CHECKLIST OF THINGS TO BRING
Below is a suggested list of clothes, equipment, and personal items. US Sports Camps is NOT responsible for lost or stolen articles or money.
ALL CAMPERS (OVERNIGHT & COMMUTERS):
- Athletic, on-field clothing (t-shirts, shorts)
- Turf shoes or sneakers
- Reversible jersey
- Hockey Stick(s)
- Mouth guard
- Shin guards
- Goggles (not required, but recommended)
- Court shoes for indoor play in case of rain
- Goalies must bring their own full protective equipment
- Water bottle*
- Small gym bag/backpack
- Packed lunch (if required for commuters)
- Spending money
- COVID PPE (as required by state/local guidelines)
- Signed Health & Release forms and waivers (forms completed online do not need to be printed and turned in at camp)
OVERNIGHT CAMPERS ONLY:
- Athletic clothing mentioned above (1-2 pairs/day)
- Comfortable off-court clothing (pants/shorts, shirts, sweatshirts, 1 pair/day)
- Undergarments (1-2 pair/day)
- Flip flops
- Laundry bag
- Toiletries (shampoo, conditioner, bodywash, facewash, hairbrush, toothbrush, toothpaste, deodorant, etc.)
- Personal items & medications
- Eye mask, ear plugs (optional)
- Washcloth and bath towel
- Alarm clock
- Fan (optional)
- Bed sheets (if linens not provided)
- Comforter or sleeping bag (if linens not provided)
- Pillow and pillowcase (if linens not provided)
Transportation is not provided. Campers are responsible for getting to and from camp on their own. There is no supervision before or after camp hours so please make arrangements to pick up your child on time.
For information regarding our cancellation policy and all other company policies, please visit USSC Policies.
NIKE FIELD HOCKEY CAMP FAQ
For general questions about our field hockey camps please see our FAQ page.
If you have a group of eight or more campers registering for the same camp, each camper is eligible for a discount. Please have someone contact the US Sports Camps office at 1-800-645-3226 with the names of each camper in the group and we will create a unique discount code for your group. Campers may then register individually through the website at their convenience and apply the offer code during check out. *Discount amount varies by program. Please call for details.
Camps are open to any and all entrants, limited only by number, age, grade level and/or gender.Show Less See More Camp Details
Overnight/Extended Day Camp Sample Schedule
- 7:00am Wake-up, shower, breakfast
- 9:00am Extended Day & Day Campers arrive. Stretching & Warm-up
- 9:15am Training Session I
- 12:00pm Lunch, rest
- 1:30pm Training Session II
- 4:00pm Free time, rest
- 5:30pm Dinner
- 6:30pm Training Session III
- 9:00pm Extended Day Camper depart, Overnight Campers to rooms, free time
- 10:00pm Lights out
Located just 40 miles from Philadelphia and 60 miles from NYC, Pennington is centrally located with easy access for our campers coming from across the Northeast.
Camp ReviewsSubmit a review
Overall Average RatingStars
She had a blast!
July 18, 2021: "Caroline had a blast! She sharpened her field hockey skills, had fun with old and new friends, and loved every minute of camp. Thank you!!!"
— Kendra, S., Parent
Really positive, kind, and constructive instruction!
July 18, 2021: "The coaches made camp fun from drills to scrimmages. Really positive, kind, and constructive instruction. Dorm living was good and my daughter gave 2 thumbs up to the Pennington School food. Thank you!"
— Meghan, D., Parent
July 31, 2019: She had fun making new friends, was able to improve her skills and learn new ones, and playing the scrimmages
— Nicole H. Parent
Well done and excellent staff
July 22, 2019: She said she learned so many new things at the camp - and could list all the techniques. She liked making new friends (and getting to know people better). She ended the camp being even more enthusiastic about the sport even though she played on turf during the hottest week ever! So it's got to have been an amazing camp!
— Agnes B. Parent
So much fun!
July 21, 2019: Caroline had a great time at camp! She enjoyed all aspects of the camp, including staying in the dorms, improving her field hockey skills, and making new friends.
— Kendra S. Parent
All around great camp!
July 21, 2019: Genevieve spent the week with friends and supportive coaches playing a game she loves. The days were broken up nicely with swimming, meals and a little downtime for socializing. Yoga was a great way to end the days. She first thing she said walking off the field was to ask to come back next year.
— Rick V. Parent
July 21, 2019: Allison had a wonderful time at the Nike Field Hockey Camp at Pennington School! She loved the sessions that she had field hockey everyday!!
— Ellen F. Parent
Thank you Wendy!
July 21, 2019: Mack looks forward to this camp every year. The director and staff create a strong team spirit while giving the girls enough independence that not only do they learn field hockey skills, but also life skills. Mack is always excited by the improvement she makes each year just by attending this camp. THANK YOU, Wendy and staff.
— Cindy W. Parent
July 21, 2019: Ava loved the camp she had great roommates and learned a lot. She plans on coming back next year.
— Robyn B. Parent
Came home with new skills!
July 21, 2019: Rachel had a wonderful experience. She learned new skills, made new friends, & improved her current skills. Rachel had a great time! Loved every minute of her time.
— Kim M. Parent
Coaching staff was awesome
July 21, 2019: Jaina had allot of fun despite the heatwave the girls had this week! Thank you so much!!!
— Jaime B. Parent
Can’t wait to be back!
July 21, 2019: Nicole loved this camp. The environment was extremely safe, she loved the coaches, all the girls she met, the rooms and the food. Nicole said she learned a lot of new things and feels it improved her game. We just wish we knew about it sooner. Will definitely be back.
— Sheri C. Parent
She loved every minute of it
July 21, 2019: She felt like she got a lot of instruction throughout the day. Loved scrimmages and getting feedback. Good mix of instruction fun and getting to know new people. First thing she said when she saw me was “ sign me up again - I’m coming next year for sure “.
— Sherry P. Parent
July 26, 2018: This is the second year my daughter attended. Wendy Morris and the staff are incredibly supportive and create an environment conducive to learning skills and creating a sense of team. Because she love it so much last year, she was counting the days until camp started this year, and she was not disappointed. She loves the coaches, loves the facilities, loves the independence and just wishes it were a little longer. Cannot thank the staff enough for such a great experience for my daughter.
— Cindy W. Parent
Loved the dorms
July 22, 2018: My girls loved all the the skills that they learned. They also loved being in the dorms with friends.
— Denise K. Parent
July 22, 2018: My daughter LOVED this camp! She feels it helped her as an athlete but more importantly she made wonderful friends!
— Jennifer S. Parent
August 14, 2017: It was a great experience for my daughter. Really built team skills and a chance to be more independent with like minded girls. It was worth the money.
— Rachel C. Parent
July 31, 2017: Lizzie loved the instruction, the variety of activities and enjoyed the other campers a lot. Everything looked well run and the experience was great.
— Samantha D. Parent
Had a blast!
July 31, 2017: She really enjoyed every single part of it!! She loved boarding too! She had a blast!
— Chelsi M. Parent
She will be back next year!
July 31, 2017: This was my daughter's first sleepaway camp. She loved every minute. Also, I GREATLY appreciated the flexibility in letting her leave with me to participate in her (unexpected) championship softball game. Ms. Morris had the girls cheer her on before leaving instead of resenting the disruption. Mack also felt an enormous amount of camaraderie which can be difficult to cultivate in such a short period of time. She will definitely be back next year!
— Cindy W. Parent
Learned new skills!
July 31, 2017: A few highlights were playing field hockey all day, being with friends, and learning new skills.
— Dawne M. Camper
July 28, 2016: The coaches are so friendly, and accomodating the whole time you are at camp!
— Isabel W. Camper
July 25, 2015: This camp has very strong instruction with such a caring and supportive coaching staff.
— Annie L. Camper
Camp Dates & Prices
New Camp Dates Coming Soon!
Please join the Priority List to be notified when this program opens for 2023 registrations.