Nike Field Hockey Camp at Thayer Sports Center
Improve your game and have serious fun
at Nike Field Hockey Camps
This summer 2023 field hockey camp for girls will be hosted at Thayer Sports Center. Our Massachusetts field hockey camp is designed to improve each camper's stick skills and overall skillset through individual drills and competitive gameplay.
This girls' field hockey camp in Braintree offers a camp session for players ages 10-18, of all skill levels. Campers will receive high-quality instruction to increase their understanding and love of the game.
- Excellent training facilities
- Morning and afternoon training sessions
- Partner Camp of USA Field Hockey; sanctioned to make referrals to USAFH Nexus program
- All attendee receive a Nike Field Hockey Camps package (reversible jersey, ball, lanyard) and other fun prizes.
- View More Details ⟩
Camp Director Delaney Yule
Delaney Yule is the Junior Varsity Head Coach at Georgetown High School.View Delaney's Bio ⟩
Delaney is currently the Junior Varsity Head Coach at Georgetown High School. Prior to coaching at Georgetown, she was an Assistant Coach at Merrimack College as well as a coach for local clubs Seacoast United and Lead the Way.
Delaney attended Merrimack College where she was a 4-year starter and Captain on Merrimack's first-ever NE10 Tournament winning squad in 2018. She was selected as the Northeast-10 Conference Defensive Player of the Year and was a First Team NFHCA All-American following her senior season. Yule ended her career by being selected as finalists for both the NE10's Scholar-Athlete of the Year and NE10's Woman of the Year, as well as Merrimack's nominee for the NCAA Woman of the Year.
Coaching Staff ASA Sports
The ASA Sports coaching staff is made up of some of the most talented and seasoned coaches in New England! All of the ASA coaches are trained and registered to ensure all campers receive high-quality instruction in a fun and safe environment.View ASA Sports's Bio ⟩
Now in our 27th year, A Step Ahead Inc. (ASA Hoops) has become a year-round operation offering clinics, classes, camps and AAU. In 2022, over 5500 participants have entered our programs. This up-coming year will be our biggest yet, with over 60 camps scheduled and the expansion of our AAU program ASA Hoops will be one of the biggest basketball operations in New England. Participants, boys and girls, range in age from 7-18 and have come from communities throughout New England and across the globe.
SECURE YOUR SPOT!
You can expect high demand on these first-come-first-serve camper spots, so please be sure to register early.
- Dates: June 26-29
- Ages: 10-18
- Gender: Girls
- Camp Type: Day Camp
- Schedule: 9:00am-3:00pm, Monday-Thursday
- Check-in: 8:30am on Monday
- Lunch: Lunch is not provided, please bring a sack lunch to camp each day
- Program: This All Skills program is geared towards players of all abilities. The camp program includes stick work instruction & skills, technical & tactical training, offensive & defensive skills, and positioning work. Goalie-specific training is available as well. Upon arrival, all participants are evaluated by the staff and placed into groups based on age and ability level.
Please note: In the case of a canceled day due to rain, Friday will be used as a make-up day.
Please note: Camp schedules and details may be subject to change.
WHAT'S INCLUDED IN THE FEE?
- Instruction: Daily training sessions
- Meals: Meals are not provided.
- Supervision: Campers are supervised by staff during camp hours.
- Camp Gear: All campers receive a Nike Field Hockey Camps (reversible jersey, ball, lanyard) and other fun prizes.
INSTRUCTION, EQUIPMENT & FACILITY
- Ratio: 1:10 staff-to-camper ratio
- Groupings: Campers are grouped by ability, age, and experience
- Equipment Needed: Hockey stick, water bottle, mouth guard, shin guards, turf shoes (goalies must bring full goalie protective equipment)
- Inclement Weather Plan: In the case of a canceled day due to rain, Friday will be used as a makeup day.
- Medical Protocol: Most camps have an athletic trainer on-site to help with illness or injury. In case of an emergency, campers will be transported to the nearest hospital.
PREPARE FOR CAMP: COMPLETE YOUR PRE-CAMP CHECKLIST
To view your customer account, complete your mandatory forms, pay balance dues, and review
important camp information, visit Pre-Camp Checklist.
All necessary camp information is on this page. If there are any imperative changes prior to
camp start, registered campers will be notified via email and this webpage will be updated!
CHECKLIST OF THINGS TO BRING
Below is a suggested list of clothes, equipment, and personal items. US Sports Camps is NOT responsible for lost or stolen articles or money.
- Athletic, on-field clothing (t-shirts, shorts)
- Turf shoes or sneakers
- Reversible jersey
- Hockey Stick(s)
- Mouth guard
- Shin guards
- Goggles (not required, but recommended)
- Court shoes for indoor play in case of rain
- Goalies must bring their own full protective equipment
- Water bottle*
- Small gym bag/backpack
- Packed snacks
- Spending money
- COVID PPE (as required by state/local guidelines)
- Signed Health & Release forms and waivers (forms completed online do not need to be printed and turned in at camp)
Transportation is not provided. Campers are responsible for getting to and from camp on their own. There is no supervision before or after camp hours so please make arrangements to pick up your child on time.
For information regarding our cancellation policy and all other company policies, please visit USSC Policies.
NIKE FIELD HOCKEY CAMP FAQ
For general questions about our field hockey camps please see our FAQ page.
If you have a group of eight or more campers registering for the same camp, each camper is eligible for a discount. Please have someone contact the US Sports Camps office at 1-800-645-3226 with the names of each camper in the group and we will create a unique discount code for your group. Campers may then register individually through the website at their convenience and apply the offer code during check out. *Discount amount varies by program. Please call for details.
Camps are open to any and all entrants, limited only by number, age, grade level and/or gender.Show Less See More Camp Details
SAMPLE CAMP SCHEDULE
- 9:00am Day Campers arrive, warm up
- 9:15-11:30am Training Session I
- 11:30am-12:15pm Lunch
- 12:15-3:00pm Training Session II
- 3:00pm Campers Depart
Players will train at the Thayer Sports Center located at the Thayer Academy South Athletic Campus in Braintree, Massachusetts.
SECURE YOUR SPOT – CAMPS SELL OUT!
Last year over 650 Sports Camps sold out, leaving 7,000+ campers on the waitlist. Due to high demand, early registration for our first-come-first-serve camps is strongly recommended.
Camp Dates & Prices
New Camp Dates Coming Soon!
Please join the Priority List to be notified when this program opens for 2023 registrations.