Xcelerate Nike Missouri Field Hockey Camp at Saint Louis University
IMPROVE YOUR GAME AND HAVE SERIOUS FUN
AT XCELERATE NIKE FIELD HOCKEY CAMPS
Our 2019 girls field hockey camp in St. Louis delivers the highest quality training program and an emphasis on fun!
This summer field hockey camp in Missouri is designed to help players of any skill level strenghten their fundaments and learn new approaches to the game. We provide the opportunity for individuals and teams to receive concentrated college-level training and instruction from expert college coaches in a fun camp setting.
- Partner Camp of USA Field Hockey; sanctioned to make referrals to USAFH Futures program
- Instruction from top field hockey coaches
- 6-7 hours daily instruction, with 1:10 staff to camper ratio
- Girls ages 10-18: All Positions - All Levels of Play
- Specific Position Training
- All campers receive a NIKE package (reversible jersey, ball, water bottle, lanyard) and other fun prizes.
- View More Details ⟩
Camp Director Danielle Baumgardner
Directing camp this summer is Danielle Baumgardner.Danielle Baumgardner was named the 14th head coach in Saint Louis field hockey history in July 2016. She first joined the Billikens as an assistant coach in August 2014, coming to Saint Louis after a successful playing career at the University of Maryland.View Danielle 's Bio ⟩
2017 was a good season for field hockey in terms of quality of wins. Of the victories, perhaps the best was against Indiana at home when the Billikens came away with a 3-2 victory on Sunday, Oct. 1. The Billikens also put together their longest winning streak since 2004 during the campaign as the team found several moments of success. Carly Kissinger led the team with five goals, three of which were game winners, and finished with 14 points on the year.
In her first season as head coach, Baumgardner helped coach Molly Feid and Carly Kissinger to productive seasons. Feid led the Billikens with five goals, five assists and 15 points. Kissinger was close behind with four goals and five assists. Baumgardner led the Billikens to wins over in-state rival Missouri State and Central Michigan.
In Saint Louis, Baumgardner has helped Saint Louis field hockey as well as the St. Louis field hockey community. As the Billiken assistant coach, she helped develop practice plans and in-game tactics while maintaining the administrative duties of the program. Additionally, she is an active member of the Fellowship of Christian Athletes, with which she has been affiliated as a student-athlete and now as a coach.
Since moving to the St. Louis region, Baumgardner has helped coach with the local AIM field hockey club. She also earned the title of St. Louis Level One Site Head Coach for the USA Field Hockey Futures program.
Prior to her arrival, Baumgardner spent time coaching for several club teams such as Freedom HKY Club and the U.S. Futures, as well as the Park School of Baltimore Middle School.
As a student-athlete at Maryland, Baumgardner (maiden name Kauffman) was a four-year letterwinner in the midfield. As a junior and senior she was awarded the team's Sabrina Salam Award for demonstrating an elite level of quality of life academically, socially and athletically while exemplifying the heart of a champion. During her time at Maryland, she helped the Terrapins to two Atlantic Coast Conference Championships and four Final Four appearances, resulting in two national championships in 2010 and 2011
Baumgardner is a 2013 graduate of Maryland with a B.S. in Kinesiology. She is currently pursuing her Master’s in Public Health at Saint Louis University. Baumgardner and her husband John were married in January 2016 and currently reside in St. Louis.
Our goal, at Xcelerate Nike Field Hockey Camps, is to bring out the very best in every player we coach. We focus our energies on building self-confidence and improving skills through innovative drills, position training, small-sided games, and team driven competition. We encourage our campers to play hard, be creative, and have fun! At the end of the week, our campers leave with a higher field hockey IQ, an enhanced skill set, new role models, new friends, and a true love of the game.
2019 CAMP DATES
- July 12-14
- Overnight & Commuter (Extended Day Camp 9:00AM to 9:00PM) options available
This camp is open to girls, ages 10-18, of all abilities. Upon arrival, all participants are evaluated by the staff and placed into groups based on age and ability level. Campers will master the fundamentals and develop proper mechanics through a mix of drills, games and competitive play.
Please note: The following information may be subject to change.
2019 SESSION SCHEDULES
CAMP Dates: JUly 12-14
- Check-in: 9:00am-10:00am on Friday
- Check-out: Graduation takes place at 4:30pm on Sunday. Parents are invited to attend. Check out will take place immediately after.
- Extended Day Camper Schedule: Friday-Saturday: 9:00am-9:00pm, Sunday: 9:00am-5:00pm
What's included in the fee?
- Daily field hockey instruction
- Overnight campers: Dormitory housing on campus and all meals are provided.
- Extended Day campers: Lunch and dinner are provided.
- Supervision: Staff members reside in campers’ quarters and participate in all activities.
- Camp Gear: All campers receive a Xcelerate Camp package (reversible jersey, ball, water bottle, lanyard) and other fun prizes.
INSTRUCTION, EQUIPMENT & FACILITY
- Ratio: 1:10 staff to camper ratio
- Players Grouped by: ability, age, years of experience
- Equipment Needed: Hockey stick, water bottle, mouth guard, shin guards, court and turf shoes (goalies must bring full goalie protective equipment)
- Inclement Weather Plan: In the case of rain or extreme heat, there are indoor courts available for training.
- Medical Protocol: Most camps have an athletic trainer on-site to help with illness or injury. In case of an emergency, campers will be transported to the nearest hospital.
The information below is based on previous years and is subject to change each year. Final housing information for this camp will be provided in the Camper Registration Packets, emailed to all campers closer to the camp’s start date.
- Campers Per Room: 2 per room
- Roommates: Rooms are assigned by age & roommate requests. Roommate requests must be received no later than 14 days before the start of camp. If you don't have a roommate request, you will be placed in a room with someone near your age. It will be a great opportunity to meet someone new!
- Bathrooms: Shared
- Linens: Not provided. Bring linens or sleeping bag, pillow, pillowcase and a towel
- Air Conditioning: YES, there will be A/C in the dorms
Xcelerate Nike Field Hockey Camps does not provide transportation from airports, train stations or bus depots. If you have a child flying to camp, please arrange a shuttle or taxi service. The closest airport to campus is St. Louis Lambert International Airport.
If you have a group of eight or more campers registering for the same camp, each camper is eligible for a discount. Please have someone contact the US Sports Camps office at 1-800-645-3226 with the names of each camper in the group and we will create a unique discount code for your group. Campers may then register individually through the website at their convenience and apply the offer code during check out. *Discount amount varies by program. Please call for details.
A detailed camper registration packet containing check in location, health/release forms, emergency contact info, and a list of things to bring will be emailed to all registered campers in the Spring. Our health and release forms may require a doctor's signature (please reference your camp packet). All required forms will be collected on the first day of camp.
Camps are open to any and all entrants, limited only by number, age, grade level and/or gender.
Sample Daily Schedule
- 7:00am Wake-up, shower, breakfast
- 9:00am Extended Day & Day Campers arrive. Stretching & Warm-up
- 9:15am Training Session I
- 12:00pm Lunch, rest
- 1:30pm Training Session II
- 4:00pm Free time, rest
- 5:30pm Dinner
- 6:30pm Training Session III
- 9:00pm Extended Day Camper depart, Overnight Campers free time/ camp store/ pizza
- 10:00pm Lights out
Located in the middle of the city that shares its name, SLU is walking distance from both St. Louis’ performing arts center and from the Cortex Innovation District, which is a key reason St. Louis is the number one start-up city in America. Scattered among our state-of-the-art classroom buildings and historic halls are the places that make the 271-acres of SLU a community.