Nike Track & Field Camp Watervliet High School
TRAIN. COMPETE. IMPROVE.
The experienced coaching staff lectures on topics including training, drills and technique, plyometrics, motivation and goal setting, nutrition, and much more. Video analysis is used to teach campers about proper form.
- Nike Running Camp T-shirt
- Camp is open to ages 12-18
- Individual and group instruction
- Specific training programs for every skill level
- Post camp goal setting and camp certificate
- View More Details ⟩
Coach Allissa Melucci
Allissa was head coach of Johnstown Cross Country and Outdoor Track and Field from 2011-2014. Program improvement from 12th place finish at Sectionals to 3rd place during coaching history. During time as coach, she posted 11 top three finishes at Sectionals (no top finishes for three years prior,) sent had two athletes qualify for the NYS meet in the 400 and 400 hurdles, finished 3rd place at States in the boys 400, broke boys 4x400 record. Allissa has since become Head Coach of Indoor & Outdoor Track and Field Programs at Broadalbin Perth H.S, the program was finishing 10th-12 at sectionals consistently.View Allissa's Bio ⟩
During 4 years as head Indoor Track coach, she has had a Foothills League Runners Up Finish, 2x 4th place finishes at sectionals and 2x Section 2 Division 3 Runners Up finishes, have broken 10 school records, established 3 school records, posted 19 top 3 finishes at Sectionals, coached athletes to the NYS meet 3 times (shotput, pole vault, and 55HH.) In one year every member of the team has improved and set personal bests, setting 20 personal bests at the Sectional Meet. As a Track and Field Coach, Allissa's specialty is in horizontal Jumps
- Broadalbin Perth: Athlete 2004-2007
- 2005 Cross Country Team
- 2nd in the Colonial Council, Section 2 Class B Champions that attended the New York State Meet- 6th place in the State
- 2005 Indoor Track Team- Section 2 Class B Runners Up
- 2006 Cross Country Team- 2nd in the Foothills Council, Section 2 Class B Runners Up
- 2006 Indoor Track Team- Section 2 Class B Runners Up
- 2006 Outdoor Track Team- Section 2 Class B 3rd Place
- 2007 Outdoor Track Team- Foothills South Division League Champions, Section 2 Class B Champions
- Team Captain Cross Country 2006, Indoor Track 2007, Outdoor Track 2007
- NYSPHSAA Scholar Athlete Award Cross Country 2004, 2005, 2006 Indoor Track 2005, 2006, 2007 Outdoor Track 2005, 2006, 2007
- NYS Coach
- NFHS Coach
- Heads Up Concussion - DASA
- NYS EMT
- NYS CPR/ First Aid
- NYS Licensed Practical Nurse - USATF Level 1 Certified
- Attended Complete Track and Field Clinic focusing on Jumps
- Currently applying to USATF Level 2 school as well as USTFCCCA Jumps training
Staff Pro Level Training Track & Field
Pro Level Training’s concept is very simple: cover all grounds with everyone that we work with. In addition to skills training, we place major emphasis on the strength, conditioning and performance sides.View Pro Level Training's Bio ⟩
The idea of Pro Level Training was conceived from Founder Joel Green’s desire to bring the “Pro” style of training and preparation to youth athletes. He saw that there was a need for athletes to learn how to properly prepare their minds and bodies.
Our goal is to improve the quality of individual on court performance by providing clients with the physical & mental tools needed to get to the next level of their career. We enjoy both training and educating players to get the most out of each session.
Campers can choose from all disciplines: sprints, throw (shot put,hammer, discus, javelin), hurdles, middle distance (including steeplechase), jumps (high jump, long jump, triple jump), and throws (shot put, discus).Show Less See More Camp Details
2018 SESSION INFORMATION
2018 dates: July 9 - 13
- Middle Distance (Including Steeplechase)
- Jumps (High Jump, Long Jump, Triple Jump)
- Throws (Shot Put, Discus)
Check-in: Monday at 8:00 pm.
Check-out: Camp will conclude with a Track Meet on Friday beginning at 12 and continuing until 4:15
Daily Hours: Monday to Friday 8AM-4:15PM
Players Grouped by: age, ability and event
Evaluation: by coaching staff
If five or more campers register together, each camper is eligible for a $30 discount. Please have a team contact reach out directly to the USSC office at 1-800-645-3226 to receive a discount code to identify your group. Campers may then register through the website at their convenience and apply the coupon code during check-out.
Each camper should wear comfortable work-out clothing for each camp session. Additionally, campers should bring their own event shoes or spikes. Please be sure to properly mark your equipment, so that it can be easily identified.
Sample Daily Schedule
- 8:00am Track instructional stations
- 12:00pm Lunch
- 1:00pm Track instructional stations
- 3:30pm Check-out
Located just outside of Albany, New York, Watervliet Junior-Senior High School is the perfect place to refine your track and field skills.
Camp Dates & Prices
This program has concluded for the season.
Please Join our email list to be notified when this program is available for registration.