Nike Track & Field Camp Watervliet High School
Join us for the 2019 Track & Field Camp at Watervliet High School, New York. The experienced coaching staff lectures on topics including training, drills and technique, plyometrics, motivation and goal setting, nutrition, and much more. Video analysis is used to teach campers about proper form.
- Nike Running Camp T-shirt
- Camp is open to ages 12-18
- Individual and group instruction
- Specific training programs for every skill level
- Post camp goal setting
- View More Details ⟩
Coach Allissa Melucci
Melucci served as head coach of Johnstown Cross Country and Outdoor Track and Field from 2011-2014. Her teams succesfully improved, from 12th place finish at Sectionals to 3rd place. During her tenure as head coach, she posted 11 top three finishes at Sectionals (no top finishes for three years prior,) had two athletes qualify for the NYS meet in the 400 and 400 hurdles, finished thrid place at States in the boys 400, breaking the boys 4x400 record. Allissa has since become head coach of indoor & outdoor track and field programs at Broadalbin Perth H.S, the program has finished consistently10th-12 at sectionals.View Allissa's Bio ⟩
- Broadalbin Perth: Athlete 2004-2007
- 2005 XC Team
- Second in the Colonial Council, Section 2 Class B Champions that attended the New York State Meet- 6th place in the State
- 2005 Indoor Track Team- Section 2 Class B Runners Up
- 2006 Cross Country Team- 2nd in the Foothills Council, Section 2 Class B Runners Up
- 2006 Indoor Track Team- Section 2 Class B Runners Up
- 2006 Outdoor Track Team- Section 2 Class B 3rd Place
- 2007 Outdoor Track Team- Foothills South Division League Champions, Section 2 Class B Champions
- Team Captain Cross Country 2006, Indoor Track 2007, Outdoor Track 2007
- NYSPHSAA Scholar Athlete Award Cross Country 2004, 2005, 2006 Indoor Track 2005, 2006, 2007 Outdoor Track 2005, 2006, 2007
- NYS Coach
- NFHS Coach
- Heads Up Concussion - DASA
- NYS EMT
- NYS CPR/ First Aid
- NYS Licensed Practical Nurse - USATF Level 1 Certified
- Attended Complete Track and Field Clinic focusing on Jumps
- Currently applying to USATF Level 2 school as well as USTFCCCA Jumps training
Staff Pro Level Training Track & Field
Pro Level Training’s concept is very simple: In addition to skills training, we place major emphasis on the strength, conditioning and performance sides of athlete development.View Pro Level Training's Bio ⟩
The idea of Pro Level Training was conceived from Founder Joel Green’s desire to bring the “Pro” style of training and preparation to youth athletes. He saw that there was a need for athletes to learn how to properly prepare their minds and bodies.
Our goal is to improve the quality of individual on court performance by providing clients with the physical & mental tools needed to get to the next level of their career. We enjoy both training and educating players to get the most out of each session.
Campers can choose from all disciplines: sprints, throws (shot put,hammer, discus, javelin), hurdles, middle distance (including steeplechase), and jumps (high jump, long jump, triple jump).Show Less See More Camp Details
2019 SESSION INFORMATION
2019 dates: July 8 - 12
- Middle Distance (Including Steeplechase)
- Jumps (High Jump, Long Jump, Triple Jump)
- Throws (Shot Put, Discus)
Check-in: Monday at 8:00 pm.
Check-out: Camp will conclude with a Track Meet on Friday beginning at 12 and continuing until 4:15
Daily Hours: Monday to Friday 8AM-4:15PM
Players Grouped by: age, ability and event
Evaluation: by coaching staff
If five or more campers register together, each camper is eligible for a $30 discount. Please have a team contact reach out directly to the USSC office at 1-800-645-3226 to receive a discount code to identify your group. Campers may then register through the website at their convenience and apply the coupon code during check-out.
Each camper should wear comfortable work-out clothing for each camp session. Additionally, campers should bring their own event shoes or spikes. Please be sure to properly mark your equipment, so that it can be easily identified.
Sample Daily Schedule
- 8:00am Track instructional stations
- 12:00pm Lunch
- 1:00pm Track instructional stations
- 3:30pm Check-out
Located just outside of Albany, New York, Watervliet Junior-Senior High School is the perfect place to refine your track and field skills.
Camp ReviewsSubmit a review
This camp was super informative
July 26, 2018: This camp was super informative and very beneficial to my running and how I approach curtain aspects of running now! I would highly recommend. The highlight for me was the amount of knowledge that the staff and coaches had about the sport that I never knew about and can help me very much in the future.
— Maris S. Camper
Met lots of great people with similar interests
July 17, 2018: Met lots of great people with similar interests, worked really hard! I learned at ton at this camp and loved it.
— Johanna D. Camper
My daughter learned a ton and got a lot of 1-on-1 work
July 14, 2018: My daughter learned how to do the glide throw for shot-put and the spinning throw for discus. She also learned some weight training exercises that she can do to strengthen her for these events. She got a lot of one-on-one coaching. This camp was great, but it needs to be better publicized!
— Shaye H. Parent