Nike 5meter Cincinnati Water Polo Clinic
Improve Your Skills and Have Serious Fun
at Nike 5Meter Water Polo Camps
USA Water Polo Olympian Genai Kerr is offering a Nike 5meter Water Polo Spring Clinic, April 7-8, in Cincinnati, OH. Instruction takes place each day at the Keating Natatorium at St. Xavier High School.
Varsity and/or club water polo programs exist at most colleges. Developing proficiency with 5meter Water Polo and the Marlins will allow you to compete in high school, college and beyond.
- Superior instruction from USA Olympians and Club Coaches
- Olympians get in the pool with you to demonstrate and lead drills
- Low camper to instructor ratio
- Emphasis on fundamentals, position training, drills and scrimmages
- Position Specific Training for Drivers, Shooters, Goalies & 2 Meter Offense & Defense
- View More Details ⟩
Camp Director Genai Kerr
Genai Kerr is a USA Water Polo Olympian, coach, mentor, and true ambassador of the sport. Genai was a member of the United States Men's National Water Polo Team for 12 years and played in the 2004 Athens Olympics, 2003 & 2007 Pan American Gold Medal games, and multiple World Championships.View Genai Kerr's Bio & Water Polo Tips ⟩
He is one of the only athletes in history to compete internationally as a goalie and as a field player. Most recently he was named MVP of the 2012 US Open after he helped Newport Water Polo Foundation win the national championship. Genai has coached at every level, from age group to Division 1 college programs. Over the last 15 years he has run hundreds of camps and impacted thousands of lives.
Surprisingly, Genai got involved in water polo by accident, following the whistles to what he thought was a basketball game and ended up at the pool. He excelled at both water polo and basketball at Coronado High School and received a water polo scholarship to UC Irvine to play under Coach Ted Newland. Genai went on to become a NCAA All-American in 1998 and 1999 and was awarded Big West Conference Male Scholar Athlete of the Year his senior year.
Genai remains active in his community and has become a great role model for aspiring water polo players. He has been a US Ambassador for the USADA (U.S. Antidoping Agency) since 2003 promoting clean sports for young athletes. He was a founding faculty member of the Sage Hill School where he was the Dean of Students, taught art and physical education, and started the aquatic programs. Genai has also created several community outreach programs to help mentor children in lower income households.
USA National Team
- 2012 US Open, Irvine, California, 1st Place - MVP
- 2010 Volvo Cup, Hungary, 3rd place
- 2009 FINA World Championships, Rome, Italy, 4th place
- 2009 FINA World League Super Final, Podgorica, Montenegro, 4th place
- 2007 FINA World League Super Finals, Berlin, Germany 5th place
- 2007 Pan American Games, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, 1st place
- 2007 FINA World Championships, Melbourne, Australia, 9th place
- 2006 ASUA Cup, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, 1st place
- 2006 FINA World League Super Finals, Athens, Greece, 5th place
- 2004 Olympic Games, Athens, Greece, 7th place
- 2003 FINA World League Super Finals, New York, NY, 3rd place
- 2003 Pan American Games, Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic, 1st place
- 2003 FINA World Championships, Barcelona, Spain, 6th place
- 2003 U.S. Cup, Stanford, CA, United States, 2nd place
- 2002 FINA World Cup, Belgrade, Yugoslavia, 7th place
- 2001 FINA World Championships, Fukuoka, Japan, 7th place
- 2001 World Championships Qualifier, Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic, 1st place
- 1998 First Appearance on the Men’s National Team, Long Beach, CA
- 1995 Jr. North American Games, Calgary, Canada, 2nd place
5meter Water Polo is proud to partner with the Cincinnati Marlins to put on this clinic in April. Through nearly a half century the Marlins have defined excellence in swimming and water polo.
• Roughly 11 hours of training
• Saturday: 8:00am-3:00pm
• Sunday: 8:00am-1:00pm
A detailed camper registration packet containing check-in location, health/release forms, emergency contact info, and a list of things to bring will be emailed to all registered campers prior to camp. Our health and release forms do not require a doctor's signature and they will be collected on the first day of camp.
- CHECK-IN: Saturday check-in takes place at 8:00am
- CHECK-OUT: Camp concludes at 3:00pm on Saturday and 1:00pm on Sunday
In 1969, when the Cincinnati Marlins moved to Keating Natatorium, the Marlins had a nationally ranked water polo team. In 2016 we are restarting the program with the same goal that defines our swimming program: compete nationally at all age levels.
As we do with swimming, we will offer several training groups. We welcome swimmers (Marlins and others) and non-swimmers of all abilities. Consistent with our Vision, Mission and Values, we will develop champions in the water and in life. Our athletes will commit themselves to reach their potential through discipline, leadership and respect for their team.
Camp ReviewsSubmit a review
April 15, 2017: My son found the camp very useful and inspiring. He loved meeting the Olympian players and found the whole experience very rewarding. He will be back next year - for sure. Thank you for a wonderful time.
— Brianna A. Parent
Camp Dates & Prices
Dates & Prices Coming Soon!
Please join our email list to be notified when this program is available for registration.