BEHN Basketball Clinic MassBay CC
Elevate your game and have a blast
at Behn Basketball Camps
This MLK Day coed clinic will provide players a great opportunity to learn new skills and enhance technique through superior instruction. Behn Basketball Camp encourages girls and boys of all ages and skill levels to join in on the fun in Wellesley, Massachusetts this January!
This clinic is intended to help players of all abilities develop athletically, refine fundamental basketball skills and enhance their skill set at the post, wing, or guard position.
- Emphasis on fundamentals and focus on proper shooting technique
- Learning team play on both offense and defense
- Official Behn Camp T-shirt
- View More Details ⟩
Camp Director Robert Hunter
Robert Hunter is a lifelong basketball player, and is the Head Men's Basketball Coach at MassBay Community College. Before coaching, Hunter was a player for for Mass Bay Community College; he then transferred on to Worcester State University.View 's Bio ⟩
During his time at MBCC, Robert was a 2 time All State player, a 2 time All New England Region player, an NJCAA All National and MVP of the Onadoga Tournament in Syracuse, NY. Once he moved on to Worcester State, Robert earned MASCAC Player of the Week 5 times, and was voted on to the First Team All MASCAC twice. After successfully scoring more than 1000 points and receiving awards as a starting player, Robert graduated college and began his coaching career. Within four years coaching, Hunter led the Freshmen Men’s Basketball team at Doherty High School in Worcester and then worked as the Assistant Men’s Basketball Coach at Mass Bay Community College. During the 2016-2017 season as an assistant to Hall of Fame coach Bill Raynor, Hunter help guide the Bucs to a New England Region 21 Championship and a berth to the National Tournament in Minnesota in which the team finished (27-7) 5th in the nation. Hunter is currently in his second season as head coach at MassBay. Last season his team finished as a 5th seed in Region 21 play and their 13th straight playoff berth in school history.
Camp Director Behn Coaching Staff
The Behn Camp philosophy is to instill confidence in young players by teaching basketball fundamentals, which in turn raises their level of play and makes the game more fun to play. Your child will learn basketball the right way, improve their skills, and have fun too!
MLK DAY CLINIC
Check-in: Monday from 8:30am-9am
Closing-out: Monday at 12:00pm. Departure immediately following.
Meals: Lunch is not provided.
Daily Hours: MON 9am-12pm
Transportation is not provided by the camp to or from any airports. If you are flying to or from camp, we recommend using an airport shuttle service. Please schedule flights as close as you can to the check-in times on the first day and check-out times on the last day.
A detailed camper registration packet containing check in location, health/release forms, emergency contact numbers, and a checklist of things to bring will be emailed to all registered campers in the Spring. The US Sports Camps health and release forms do not require a doctor's signature and they will be collected on the first day of camp. The State of Massachusetts requires a copy of camp participants’ most recent physical and record of immunizations, shots, etc., in addition to the US Sports Camps health and release form.
We cannot offer scholarships due to NCAA regulations. Our affiliation with NCAA coaches and schools puts us in a position where any scholarship money can be seen as an inducement to a future collegiate athlete. This puts our coaches and our host universities in jeopardy of damaging their status with the NCAA and incurring penalties at the hands of their organizing body.
If five or more campers register together, each camper is eligible for a $20 discount. If 10 or more campers register together, each camper is eligible for a $40 discount. Teams can register online or via mail/fax.
- To register your team online: Please have a team contact reach out directly to the USSC office at 1-800-645-3226 to receive a discount code to identify your group. Campers may then register individually through the website at their convenience and apply the coupon code during check-out.
- To register your team via mail/fax: Click "Get Brochure" above and print the application. All applications must be received at the same time via mail or fax. If all members of your group pay with a Visa or MasterCard, feel free to fax your applications to 415-479-6061 to expedite processing.
*Please note, this information is subject to change.
Sample Daily Schedule
- 9:00 AM Roll call and warm up
- 9:15 AM Agility Stations: 3 at 3 minutes
- 9:30 AM Skill Stations: 3 at 5 minutes (ball handling, lay-ups, and shooting)
- 9:45 AM Defense Principles (shell drill, stance, and sliding)
- 10:00 AM Full Court Drills: 2 drills by team and 3 v 2, 2 v 1
- 10:15 AM Break
- 10:30 AM 1 on 1 Tournament: 5 points dribble per offensive turn, 1 point for basketballs, 1 point for steals, and 1 point for offensive rebounds
- 10:45 AM Defensive Principles (boxing out and rebounding)
- 11:00 AM Positional Drill Stations: 10 minute offense and 10 minute defense
- 11:20 AM Steal the bacon
- 11:30 AM Free Throw Tournament
- 11:40 AM Dribble knock-out
- 11:50 Conditioning
- 11:55 AM Quiz for prizes
- 12:00 PM Dismissal
Camp will take place at the Wellesley Hills campus located at 50 Oakland St, Wellesley, MA 02481.
Camp ReviewsSubmit a review
This is our first clinic at MassBay CC. For more information, please call 1-800-645-3226. We hope to see you there!
Camp Dates & Prices
This program has concluded for the season.
Please Join our email list to be notified when this program is available for registration.