Nike Softball Camp Rising Star Sports Ranch
Improve your game and have serious fun
at Nike Softball Camps
Nike Softball Camps are thrilled to be coming to the state of the art Rising Star Sports Ranch in Mesquite, Nevada!
Directing camp this year will be Olympic softball medalists Lori Harrigan-Mack, a UNLV softball MVP and Crystl Bustos, two-time NJCAA Player of the Year. The experience of these two veteran softball players (5 Olympic Gold Medals!) will provide the opportunity of the summer for young softball athletes to train and improve their skills.
- 8:1 camper to instructor ratio
- Games under the lights
- Daily emphasis on fundamental development, team play and more
- Official NIKE Camp T-Shirt
- Great NIKE prizes
- View More Details ⟩
Camp Director Lori Harrigan-Mack
Lori Harrigan-Mack is a thirteen-time Team USA team member and three-time Olympic Champion and played collegiality at the University of Nevada, Las Vegas.View Lori's Bio ⟩
Harrigan-Mack was a pitcher for the Olympic champions for Team USA in 1996, 2000 and 2004. While Attending UNLV from 1989-1992, she set numerous records including the career leader in shutouts (53), innings pitched (1,034.7), wins (83), saves (7), strikeouts (725), complete games (123) and ERA (0.77).
Harrigan-Mack is no stranger to Hall of Fame inductions as she is a part of the Orange County Softball Hall of Fame (2016) ASA Hall of Fame (2011), UNLV Hall of Fame (2002), Southern Nevada Hall of Fame (2002) and the 2004 Olympic Team in the USOC Hall of Fame (2012).
In 1993, Harrigan-Mack graduated from UNLV with a Bachelor's Degree in Criminal Justice and an emphasis in Hotel Administration.
Career Achievements and Honors
- Thirteen Time U.S.A. National Team Member
- 2016 – Inducted into the Orange County (CA) Softball Hall of Fame
- 2012 - 2004 Olympic Team Inducted in the USOC Hall of Fame
- 2011 - Inducted in the ASA Hall of Fame
- 2004 Gold Medalist in the Olympic Games – Greece
- 2003 Gold Medalist in the Pan American Games – Dominican Republic
- 2002 Gold Medalist in the World Championships – Canada
- 2002 Named MVP of the Japan Cup – Yokohama, Japan
- 2002 Inducted in the UNLV Hall of Fame
- 2002 Inducted in the Southern Nevada Hall of Fame
- Pitched the first ever no-hitter in Olympic history against Canada
- 2000 Gold Medalist in the Olympic Games – Australia
- 1999 Gold Medalist in the Pan American Games – Canada
- 1998 Gold Medalist in the World Championships – Japan
- 1998 Gold Medalist in the South Pacific Classic – New Zealand
- 1998 Collegiate Jersey Retired
- 1997 Gold Medalist in the Pan American Qualifier – Colombia (Pitched Gold Medal Game)
- 1996 Gold Medalist in the Olympic Games – Atlanta
- 1995 Gold Medalist in the Pan American Games – Argentina
- 1994 Gold Medalist in the South Pacific Classic – Australia
- 1994 Gold Medalist in the World Championships – Canada (Pitched Gold Medal Game)
- 1993 Gold Medalist in the Intercontinental Challenge – Holland
- 1993 University of Nevada Las Vegas Graduate with a Bachelor’s Degree in Criminal Justice and an Emphasis in Hotel Administration.
- 1992 Gold Medalist in the Challenger Cup – China
- Two Time NCAA All American
- Holder of 15 UNLV Career Records
- Lead UNLV’s Lady Rebels to three NCAA Tournament Appearances and two Trips to the College World Series
- Ten Time Big West Conference Pitcher of the Week
- The First Lady Rebel ever to win 20 games in one season
- 1992 – Pitched in University’s only Perfect Game (1-0, 8 inning victory over Missouri)
- 1992 – Big West Conference First Team
- 1991 & 1992 – UNLV’s Sportswoman of the Year
- 1991 – Second Team All-West Region and Big West Conference First Team
- 1991 – UNLV’s Most Valuable Player
- 1990 – Second Team All-West Region and Big West Conference
- 1990 – UNLV’s Most Valuable Player
Camp Director Crystl Bustos
Crystl Bustos is a two-time Team USA Olympian playing in the 2000 and 2004 Olympic Games, winning two gold medals. Bustos played collegiality at Palm Beach Community College and played professional softball from 1998-2006. She is now a professional softball coach and owner of Ruthless Sports Training LLC.View Crystl's Bio ⟩
Crystl is one of the world’s best fastpitch softball holders. She holds multiple world records for her performance at the Olympic Games. She now spends her time traveling the country passing on her knowledge to younger hitters, fielders and fastpitch players.
- 2008 Softball Player of the Year
- Silver Medalist at the Beijing Games hitting .500 (11-for-22) with a team-high six home runs and 10 RBI.
- Broke two of her own records as well as tied one.
- Broke the record of most home runs hit (5) in an Olympic Games with six and broke her Olympic slugging percentage of .923 from 2004 hitting 1.318 in 2008.
- Recorded 12 runs as the U.S. outscored opponents 58-5, while tying her own RBI Olympic record with 10 from 2004.
- World Cup Champion (2006 & 2007)
- Three-time Pan American gold medalist (1999, 2003 & 2007)
- World Champion (2006)
- Two-time Olympic Gold medalist (2000 & 2004)
Team USA Softball Experience
- One of three girls on the team to compete in all 20 games of the summer, either as designated player or at third base.
- Gold medalist at Pan American Games
- Hit .375 (3-for-8); scored four runs with a double and a homerun for five RBI
- World Cup Champion
- Hit .538 (7-for-13) with two homeruns and eight RBI, scoring six runs
- Gold medalist at ISF World Championships
- Hit a team-tying high .500 (17-34) average with 14 RBI and a team-high 6 doubles.
- Scored 10 runs with two homeruns including one in the championship game to pad the lead to 3-0, a World Championship victory.
- World Cup Champion
- Hit .353 (6-for-17) with a two home runs and 10 RBI
- Gold medalist at Pan Am qualifier in Guatemala City
- Gold medalist at Olympic Games in Athens, Greece
- Hit .346 with five homeruns and 10 RBI
- Gold medalist at Pan American Games
- Hit .320 with eight hits and nine RBI
- Member of U.S. Women’s Elite Team
- Hit .560 with four doubles, four homeruns and 13 RBI at Canada Cup
- Gold medalist at Olympic Games in Sydney, Australia
- Led the team with 10 hits, three homeruns and five runs scored
- Gold medalist at the Pan American Games
- Led the team with 18 hits, three homeruns and 15 RBIs
Palm Beach Community College Highlights
- Team won two NJCAA National Championships
- Two-time NJCAA first team All American
- Two-time NJCAA Player of the Year
USA Professional Softball Experience
- Member of NPF Akron Racers (2006)
- Member of NPF Champions, Akron Racers (2005)
- Played for WPSL Gold, professional team consisting of 2000 Olympians (2001)
- Played for the Akron Racers of WPSL (1999)
- WPSL League MVP while leading the Orlando Wahoos to the Championship (1998)
Bustos's love for the game shows by how much she is still involved in the softball community. As the owner of Ruthless Sports Training LLC she also travels the country as a National Fastpitch College Association Speaker, motivational speaker, conducting private lessons and softball camps and clinics and is also a Jennie Finch Softball Camp Instructor.
At camp, all fundamentals will be covered - fielding, hitting, base-running and there will be game play each day.
Campers train at the full size indoor facilty during the day and play under the lights at night. The state of the art facilty offers a five star experience like no other.
Every aspect of the game will be covered. Campers focus on their positions in during small group instruction, then break out for hitting stations and drills. In addition, situation drills and completitions round out the days.Show Less See More Camp Details
Check-in time: 1 p.m. Rising Star Dorms
Camp checkout time: 12:30 p.m. Rising Star Dorms
A detailed camper registration packet containing check-in location, health/release forms, emergency contact info, and a list of things to bring will be emailed to all registered campers prior to camp.
Includes all softball and night activities, all meals from dinner on Sunday to breakfast on Wednesday and bunk room occupancy in the dorms.
EXTENDED DAY CAMP
Includes all softball and activities, dinner on Sunday, lunch and Dinner Monday-Tuesday. Extended Day campers will be picked up at 9:00 p.m. each day aside from Wednesday when camp ends at 12:30 p.m.
Sample Daily Schedule
- 7:15 a.m. Wake Up
- 7:45 a.m. Breakfast (Overnight Campers)
- 8:50 a.m. Extended Day Campers Arrive
- 9:00 a.m. Warm Up/Stretch
- 9:30 a.m. Hitting Circuit
- 10:15 a.m. Baserunning Drills
- 11:45 a.m. Lunch
- 1:00 p.m. Warm Up/Stretch/Throwing Drills
- 2:15 p.m. Position Work - Break into Groups
- 3:45 p.m. Supervised Free Time/Swim
- 5:30 p.m. Dinner
- 6:30 p.m. Evening Activities/Games
- 9:00 p.m. Extended Day Campers Depart
- 10:00 p.m. To Rooms/Lights Out
RISING STAR SPORTS RANCH RESORT, MESQUITE NV.
Rising Star Sports Ranch Resort is specifically designed for hosting sports teams and their guests. Located 80 miles north of Las Vegas and 36 miles south of St. George. Rising Star Sports Ranch Resort is ideal for camps or tournament because of its unique room configurations, proximity to some of the newest and nicest fields and sport facilities in Southern Nevada, and exceptional meal plans and catering all within a safe and stylish environment. When not competing or training, your team can relax in the “backyard” complete with basketball hoops, tetherball, and giant chess, or when the weather turns, can enjoy our arcade with over 20 games and attractions. Mesquite has seven golf courses within 10 minutes so you can do a team bonding event on a course or fit in a round.
Camp ReviewsSubmit a review
Pushed the girls, which was a good thing.
Great camp, our girls were pushed harder then they usually are with their team. We noticed all of our girls stepped it up and a few I had never seen play or practice that well.
— Justin M. Parent
She had fun at camp
Highlights included scrimmaging, working with coaches and making friends
— Tara C. Parent