Nike Softball Camp SUNY Cobleskill
Improve your game and have serious fun
at Nike Softball Camps
Experience an elite training environment at Fighting Tiger Park to improve your fielding and hitting skills.
Coach Liz Slupinski and the Nike Softball Camp staff is ready to work with each camper and provide the best softball experience to enhance their game and become a better all around player!
- Professional instruction from Coach Slupinski and college-aged instructors
- Excellent residential, dining and training facilities
- Low camper to instructor ratio
- Daily emphasis on fundamental development, team play and more
- Official Nike Camp T-Shirt and prizes
- Nike Softball Camp Graduation Certificate
- View More Details ⟩
Head Coach Liz Slupinski
Slupinski comes to the Fighting Tigers after spending the past two-seasons as the head coach at The University of the Redlands in Redlands, Calf.; where she guided the Bulldogs to a 31-49 overall record including a 22-34 mark, in the highly competitive Southern California Intercollegiate Athletic Conference (SCIAC).View Liz's Bio ⟩
Before The University of the Redlands, she served as the head coach of the Wells College softball program in Aurora, N.Y. During her time at Wells, she was instrumental in the reimplementation of the softball program after a year hiatus. Among her duties, she was involved with the development of the school's first-ever turf field and the recruiting of an incoming softball class of student-athletes to re-establish The Express program.
Prior to her time at Wells College, she spent four years as a full-time assistant coach on the staff at Hamilton College in Clinton, N.Y. During her time with the Continentals, she also served as the "Interim" Head Coach during a four-month transition in the head-coaching position. In addition to coaching, she assisted with sports information and photography work
Before her coaching career Slupinski was four-year softball student-athlete at the University of Rochester in Rochester, N.Y., where she started in right-field for a Yellow Jacket team that qualified for two NCAA tournament appearances. As a freshman, Slupinski earned University Athletic Association (UAA) Second Team All-Conference honors and later returned from injury to collect Liberty League Second Team All-Conference recognition as a senior. She also collected Liberty League All-Conference Honorable Mentions in 2008 and 2009.
This camp is for softball players of all abilities ages 9-18. Instruction will focus primarily on hitting, specific position fielding, base-running, and game situations. In addition, pitchers will have the opportunity to work with pitching instructors. See "More Camp Details" for further information.
2019 Camp Dates
- August 4-7 (Sunday-Wednesday)
Please note: The following information may be subject to change.
2019 SESSION SCHEDULE
CAMP DATES: August 4-7 (Sun-Wed)
- Check-in: 1:00 p.m. on Sunday for all campers. See registration packet for specific location.
- Check-out: Graduation takes place at 2:30 p.m. on Wednesday. Parents are invited to attend. Check out will take place immediately after.
- Day Camper Schedule: Sunday: 1:00-9:00 p.m., Monday-Tuesday: 8:45-4:15 p.m., Wednesday: 8:45-2:30 p.m.
- Extended Day Camper Schedule: Sunday: 1:00-9:00 p.m., Monday-Tuesday: 8:45-9:00 p.m., Wednesday: 8:45-2:30 p.m.
What's included in the fee?
- Daily softball instruction
- Overnight campers: Dormitory housing on campus and all meals are provided.
- Extended Day campers: Lunch and dinner are provided.
- Day campers: Lunch will be provided.
- Supervision: Staff members reside in rooms strategically placed throughout the dorm to provide optimal supervision, and participate in all activities.
- Camp T-shirt & Nike Lanyard: All campers receive a Nike Softball Camp t-shirt and Nike Lanyard.
INSTRUCTION, EQUIPMENT & FACILITY
- Low camper to coach ratio
- Players Grouped by: age and ability
- Equipment Needed: Players should supply their own glove, cleats, bat and a helmet and wear softball attire (softball pants recommended)
- Facility: Outdoor Fields. Indoor facilities available during inclement weather conditions.
- Medical Protocol: In case of an emergency, campers will be transported to the nearest hospital.
- Dorm: See registration packet for specific on-campus dorm.
- Campers Per Room: 2 (unless otherwise noted in registration packet)
- Roommates: Rooms are assigned by age & roommate requests. Roommate requests must be received no later than 14 days before the start of camp. If you don't have a roommate request, you will be placed in a room with someone near your age. It will be a great opportunity to meet someone new!
- Linens: Not included. Bring linens or sleeping bag, pillow, pillowcase, and a towel.
- Air Conditioning: No, campers are encouraged to bring a fan.
Nike Softball Camps does not provide transportation from airports, train stations or bus depots. If you have a child flying to camp, please arrange a shuttle or taxi service.
If you have a group of campers registering for the same camp, each camper is eligible for a discount. Please have someone contact the US Sports Camps office at 1-800-645-3226 with the names of each camper in the group and we will create a unique discount code for your group. Campers may then register individually through the website at their convenience and apply the offer code during check out. *Discount amount varies by program. Please call for details.
A detailed camper registration packet containing check in location, health/release forms, emergency contact info, and a list of things to bring will be emailed to all registered campers in the Spring. Our health and release forms may require a doctor's signature (please reference your camp packet). All required forms will be collected on the first day of camp.
Camps are open to any and all entrants, limited only by number, age, grade level and/or gender.
Sample Daily Schedule
- 7:00 a.m. Wake Up
- 7:30 a.m. Breakfast
- 8:45 a.m. Extended Day/Day Campers arrive, Intro to Skills, concept for the morning
- 9:00 a.m. Warm Up - throwing, catching, fielding
- 9:30 a.m. Offense or Defense techniques and drills
- 10:30 a.m. Modified Softball Games and Situation training
- 12:15 p.m. Lunch
- 1:15 p.m. Introduction of 2nd skill/concept of afternoon
- 1:30 p.m. Warm Up - throwing, catching, fielding
- 2:00 p.m. Offense or Defense Skills training or circuits
- 3:00 p.m. Modified Softball Games and Situation training
- 4:00 p.m. Day Campers Depart/Supervised Free Time
- 4:45 p.m. Dinner
- 6:15 p.m. Warm Up/Stretch
- 6:30 p.m. Specialty Training
- 7:30 p.m. Evening Activities
- 8:45 p.m. Extended Day Campers Depart
- 9:45 p.m. In Rooms/Lights Out