Campers can build a 2,3,4, or 5 week Sport + Language program. The start dates of the programs are 6/28, 7/5, 7/12, 7/19, or 7/26. These combined soccer and ELS language programs are highly recommended for campers where English is not the native tongue. ELS language classes focus on building English language skills and speaking confidence.Nike Soccer program is designed for campers aged 10-18 years old with two levels of soccer instruction - all skills or Elite training - offered. Students will be evaluated on site and put into groups based on age, soccer experience as well as skill and language experience. Weekend programs are included in tuition and are supervised and planned by international staff. All-inclusive tuition: Covers language instruction, sport instruction, housing, meals, roundtrip airport transfers, weekend stayover(s), and activities. For more information see "more details" below.
Sport + Language Program
- English classes begin Monday morning, and are held from 0900-1200 Monday through Friday.
- Students in this program will improve core English skills: speaking, listening, and confidence. Classes are communicative in nature and offer plenty of opportunities for speaking practice in three 50-minute classes per day for a total of 15 classes per week.
- Four hours of Nike Soccer Training is offered daily (M-F) from 1300-1700. Campers will be evaluated and placed into two training programs: all skills or elite. These are offered each session.
- All Skills Camp: (COED: Ages 10 – 18 years old) Classes are designed for campers of all ages. After individual evaluations by the coaching staff, campers will be grouped by age and ability. Beginners will be playing soccer in just a few days, and intermediates will improve all aspects of their game.
- Elite Camp: (COED: Ages 11 – 18 years old) Our intensified program is ideal for advanced and competitive players who presently play on their high school team or other (pre-high school) club.
- Our Nike soccer camp employs innovative teaching techniques such as futsal, 5 v 5 soccer, and tennis soccer. These revolutionary teaching programs, developed by well known Dutch coach Weil Coerver, provide a unique and logical approach to player development.
- Program is designed for campers aged 10-18 years old.
- Weekend programs are included in tuition and are supervised and planned by international staff.
- Roundtrip airport pickup is included in tuition from the Boston Logan International airport.
- All-inclusive tuition: Covers language instruction, sport instruction, housing, meals, roundtrip airport transfers, weekend stayover(s), and activities.
Camp sessions start on Sunday (Check-in 12:00-1400) and end on Friday (1600-1800)
- Sport evaluations start at 1500 (Sunday)
- On check in day, the first meal served is dinner. If you need to eat lunch with your parents, we will give you a list of several nearby restaurants.
- After evaluations, showers, and dinner, all campers, staff, and coaches will walk to orientation together. Here we will introduce the coaches and staff, and go over camp rules and procedures. The last meal on Friday is lunch.
Early arrivals & late departures: There is a $125 fee per day to accomodate campers arriving early or staying beyond the final day of their registered session. This fee includes housing and meals. Please note that our camp staff cannot receive early campers prior to Sunday, June 28 (the first day of our first session), nor may campers stay past Friday, August 7 (the final day of our last session).
Travel: All international campers will be met at Boston Logan International Airport by camp staff, and will be escorted to their departing flight at the conclusion of their session. This is included in tuition.
- Online travel forms will need to be completed in order to guarantee pick up at the airport. (No exceptions.)
- For family or friends wishing to stay nearby, we recommend the Homewood Suites by Hilton in Canton, MA, located a couple miles from campus. Please call 781-828-4700 to reserve your room.
Activities: Pre-organized evening/weekend activities could include: laser tag, bowling, Hard Rock Café, game arcade, a camp dance, and other activities. Saturday excursions include Six Flags Amusement Park, shopping/tour of Boston and/or whale watching (dependent on weekend). Campers who choose to remain on-campus will enjoy alternate activities such as ping pong, movies, board games, and volleyball. Counselors stay on campus and accompany off campus trips to ensure 24/7 supervision of all campers.
Registration Packet: A detailed camper registration packet containing check-in location, health & release forms, emergency contact info, and a packing list will be emailed to all registered campers in spring 2015. Our health and release forms require a doctor's signature and will be collected on the first day of camp. International campers must have health insurance valid in the US in order to attend camps.
Laundry: Campers have access to the laundry machines which are located in each building. We provide the laundry detergent for FREE. However, the college's laundry machines require them to pay $1.25 for the washer and $1.25 for the dryer. If campers need help washing their clothes, the counselors are always available to help them. This is a great experience for the campers to learn how to wash their own clothing!
Spending Money Parents send their child with approximately $100/week of spending money. We hold camper spending money in the camp bank so it is safe. Campers have a bank ledger which they sign everytime they withdraw money. At the end of their stay, whatever is left in their camp bank is sent home with them. If a camper runs out of money, the parents can call into the office (617)391-5139 and give a credit card number to charge more money into their child's bank account.
Labels on clothing: We only recommend it so that if he loses it, we know whose clothing it is. Many parents do not do this as it is very time consuming. It is not necessary, only a recommendation. You could always use a permanent marker to at least write his initials on the inside of his clothing if you would like.
Curry College, located in Milton, Massachusetts, is one of New England's most beautiful college campuses. Located only seven miles outside of downtown Boston, its outstanding facilities include grass soccer fields, air conditioned dorms and excellent dining facilities located near residence halls. The convenient campus layout means practice fields, dining halls, and dorms are just a short walk away!
Sample Daily Schedule
- 7:30am Breakfast
- 8:30am Language Assessment (Monday only); Campers to classroom (Monday-Friday)
- 8:45am Language Class begins: Grammar, Listening, Discussion, Vocabulary, Reading, Writing
- 10:30am Language Classes continues: Conversational activities, Writing, Music, Art
- 12:00 noon Lunch
- 1:00pm NIKE Soccer: Technical skill development, Tactical skill development, Strength and conditioning, Tournament play
- 5:00pm Dinner
- 6:00pm Free time
- 7:00pm Evening activities
- 10:00pm Campers to dorms
- 10:30pm Lights out!