Nike Soccer Camp at Curry College - International Programs Milton, Massachusetts
Click to enlarge and view gallery »
Join us this summer at the NIKE Soccer Camp at Curry College. You'll improve your soccer game, meet new friends from all around the world, and with our new Sport and Language programs, improve your English too!
International campers will find this NIKE Soccer camp provides everything they need for a great visit to the US. This camp offers plenty of convenient multi-week soccer sessions, lots of fun on-campus and off-campus activities, an outstanding international staff and the option to add language classes to their NIKE Soccer program.
The Nike soccer program covers the essential aspects of the game: individual skill development, strength and conditioning, technical and tactical training, and mental game focus. This Curry College location offers many multi-week all-inclusive Nike Soccer sport programs. Soccer sessions start June30th and run through August 2nd. Choose from the sport only all-inclusive sessions below.
For camper who wish to combine Sport and Language learning together, there are two options.
- One-week program. The language week precedes the Nike Soccer camp. Campers attend morning language classes and participate in fun afternoon activities that enable campers to practice and improve their English. After the language week, campers participate in sports camp only for the remaining weeks.
- Multi-week program. This program combines morning language classes with afternoon daily sport training each week that the camper participates.
These combination Nike sport and language programs provide the perfect balance for international campers who want to improve their English but also want to get better at Soccer.
All international multi-week programs are all-inclusive. These sessions include all housing/meals, sport training, language instruction (if chosen), airport transfers from Logan Airport and 2 evening activities and 1 weekend activity per week for the duration of their camp stay.
As in the past, there will be two separate sets of staff for 24-hour supervision, both on and off the pitch.
- Six hours of daily soccer instruction
- 10:1 Camper to Staff Ratio
- Players grouped by age and ability
- Skills assessment and evaluation
- Training focused on individual skill development and combined team play
- NIKE Soccer Camp T-shirt
- Optional language program designed to develop your English speaking skills and your confidence prior to camp!
Curry College, located in Milton, Massachusetts, is one of New England's most beautiful college campuses. Located only seven miles outside of downtown Boston, its outstanding facilities include grass soccer fields, air conditioned dorms and excellent dining facilities located near residence halls. The convenient campus layout means practice fields, dining halls, and dorms are just a short walk away!
Meet your coaching staff
Mehdi and Maria Belhassan
The camp is directed by Mehdi and Maria Belhassan. Mehdi has owned the camps since 1995, and prior to this was assistant director to the camp, starting in 1989. As a former tennis professional, and a father himself, he knows the values and dedication it takes to give “the best sports instruction.” Mehdi resides on campus throughout all camp sessions, and quickly gains the respect of all the campers. Maria directs all office and customer service operations of the camp. Maria is the background force, organizing summer events, registration packets, and the many other aspects to putting together a great summer production! Maria is available via email, and during the year the 1-800 number rings to her cell phone. Our policy is that every parent should be 100% comfortable by the time they drop off their child to our camp.
Campers will be lead by Rachid Maaouni, our Head Pro. Originally from Morocco, Rachid started playing soccer before he can remember. His love for the game grew into a passion to become better as he excelled at every level. Today Rachid is a licensed coach with 15 years of coaching experience. From 1986 to 1990 he played as a semi-pro for FAR (Forces Armees Royales) of Morocco, a four time African cup winner, and has also played for RCA (Raja Casablanca Association) in Morocco from 1991 to 1994. He has since then played pro indoor soccer here in the U.S., for Arizona Sandsharks from 1996 to 1998 and has also worked in exclusive universities, conducting soccer coaching clinics and residential camps.Read Full Bio
Recently he has played and coached inter united and dynamo in the Sun Coast League in Florida (from 2000 to present) and has coached the U13 and U15 girls and boys with the Saint Pete Raiders (from 2004 to 2005). His enjoyment for the game did not end on the field, as he also received a BA in sports studies and wrote a thesis on soccer: “A modern system of play or the Alternation between specialization and polyvalence.” Rachid’s experience all over the world has led him to be tri-lingual, as he also speaks French & Spanish. With his leadership, every camper will excel.
Coach Pearson has more than 30 years coaching youth competitive football at High School and Youth Club level. Additionally, have approximately 5 years as a Florida Olympic Development Coach working for the Florida Youth Soccer Association.
Two years coaching the Varsity Boys team at Chamberlain High School, Tampa, Florida; approximately five years coaching the Junior Varsity Boys Program at Land O’Lakes High School and also Assistant Coach to the Varsity Boys Program.Read Full Bio
Pearson has also coached at various clubs in Tampa, Florida including Town N’Country Soccer Club; Northdale Soccer Club; Temple Terrace Soccer Club and, for the last few years at Hillsborough United FC.
Coached three youth teams to Florida State Championships with numerous appearances at the Final Four of the Florida State Championships; taken two teams to the USAA South East Regional Championships; various Tournament wins including the Sun Bowl at Tampa, Florida; one appearance at the U-14 Dallas Cup Tournament.
Overview of Soccer Program
This year we are offering five weeks of consecutive overnight sessions for campers 8-18. Campers can choose from two training programs: all skills or elite. These are offered each session.
- All Skills Camp: (COED: Ages 8 – 18 years old) Classes are designed for campers of all ages. After individual evaluations by the coaching staff, campers will be grouped by age and ability. Beginners will be playing soccer in just a few days, and intermediates will improve all aspects of their game.
- Elite Camp: (COED: Ages 11 – 18 years old) Our intensified program is ideal for advanced and competitive players who presently play on their high school team or other (pre-high school) club.
- Our camp employs innovative teaching techniques such as futsal, 5 v 5 soccer, and tennis soccer. These revolutionary teaching programs, developed by well known Dutch coach Weil Coerver, provide a unique and logical approach to player development.
Overview of Sport + Language Program
For camper who wish to combine Sport and Language together into a multi-week program, there are two options.
- One-week program. The language week precedes the Nike Sport camp. Campers attend morning language classes and participate in fun afternoon activities that enable campers to practice and improve their English. After the language week, campers participate in sports only for the remaining weeks.
- Multi-week program. This program combines morning language classes with afternoon daily sport training each week that the camper participates
- Language classes are held on campus, just a short walk from the camper dorms.
- 15 English lessons are offered each week (Monday-Friday.)
- Language curriculum: Students in this program will improve core English skills: speaking, listening, and confidence. Classes are communicative in nature and offer plenty of opportunities for speaking practice in three 50-minute classes per day for a total of 15 classes per week.
- Program designed for campers aged 10-18 years old.
- Week One - Language: Campers arrive on Sunday and are greeted at the airport and brought back to camp, just a short distance from Boston Logan International Airport (BOS). Campers will receive dorm assignments, enjoy welcome activities, and settle in and rest after their flights. English classes begin Monday morning, and are held from 9:00am to 12:00 noon Monday through Friday. Classrooms are a short walk from the dorms.The afternoons are filled with trips to Boston, including museum visits and tours of the city, and fun activities on the Curry College campus, such as field games. Campers will be able to spend some time relaxing as well. Two evening activities are included each week. In addition to having fun and taking a break from class, all activities are specially designed to develop campers' English speaking skills and confidence.
- Week Two - Sports: The second week begins with NIKE Soccer Camp check-in at 2:00pm. Campers head down to the field and are evaluated by camp staff and placed into skill groups based on age and ability. The first soccer session begins at 4:00pm on Sunday. Each session includes 25-30 hours of NIKE soccer instruction and tournament play, and concludes on the last day (Friday) at 4:30pm. Multi-week campers remain on campus over the weekend, where camp staff continue 24/7 supervision. These campers enjoy a relaxing weekend before beginning the next NIKE camp session on Sunday afternoon. CLICK HERE for a sample daily schedule of the week-long language program and of the NIKE Soccer Camp session.
- Combined Language and Sports program: Campers may also choose to combine the language and sport programs into multi-week program. A sample schedule for this combined camp follows below.
Sample Daily Schedule
- 7:30am Breakfast
- 8:30am ELS Assessment (Monday only); Campers to classroom (Monday-Friday)
- 8:45am ELS Class begins: Grammar, Listening, Discussion, Vocabulary, Reading, Writing
- 10:30am ELS Class continues: Conversational activities, Writing, Music, Art
- 12:00 noon Lunch
- 1:00pm NIKE Soccer: Technical skill development, Tactical skill development, Strength and conditioning, Tournament play
- 5:00pm Dinner
- 6:00pm Free time
- 7:00pm Evening activities
- 10:00pm Campers to dorms
- 10:30pm Lights out!
Check-in & Check-out
- 12:00 noon - 2:00pm Sunday of the camper's first week.
- Signs will be placed all over campus and camp staff will also direct traffic.
- Evaluations: All campers will start their evaluations at 3:00pm.
- Lunch: On check in day, the first meal served is dinner. If you need to eat lunch with your parents, we will give you a list of several nearby restaurants.
- Orientation (campers only): After evaluations, showers, and dinner, all campers, staff, and coaches will walk to orientation together. Here we will introduce the coaches and staff, and go over camp rules and procedures.
- 12:00 noon - 2:00pm OR 4:00pm-6:00pm on Friday of the camper's last week.
- Campers who check-out in the second window (4:00-6:00pm) will be able to attend both the first and second sports session of the day, while those who check out in the first window will only attend the first sports session.
- Location: Your check out location is the same dorm that you checked in to unless otherwise notified by our staff at check-in.
Early arrivals & late departures: There is a $125 fee per day to accomodate campers arriving early or staying beyond the final day of their registered session. This fee includes housing and meals. Please note that our camp staff cannot receive early campers prior to Sunday, June 30 (the first day of our first session), nor may campers stay past Friday, August 2 (the final day of our last session).
- All international campers will be met at Boston Logan International Airport by camp staff, and will be escorted to their departing flight at the conclusion of their session. This is included in tuition.
- To schedule your pick-up, please complete a travel form which will be included in your registration packet. International campers must complete a travel form in order to guarantee pick up at the airport. Travel forms can also be accessed at www.mycamps.ussportscamps.com using your registered email.
- Designated Airport: Boston Logan International Airport (BOS)
- Early arrivals & late departures: There is a $125 fee per day to accomodate campers arriving early or staying beyond the final day of their registered session. This fee includes housing and meals. Please note that our camp staff cannot receive early campers prior to Sunday, June 30 (the first day of Session I), nor may campers stay past Friday, August 2 (the final day of our last session).
- Extra Activities: MBSC/NIKE Soccer Camp is one of the only camps that offer nightly OFF-campus activities. Our pre-organized evening/weekend activities include: laser tag, bowling, Hard Rock Café, game arcade, Six Flags Amusement Park (weekend), and whale watching (weekend). Activities are optional, and campers who choose to remain on-campus will enjoy alternate activities such as ping pong, movies, board games, and volleyball. Counselors stay on campus and accompany off campus trips to ensure 24/7 supervision of all campers.
- All-inclusive tuition: Covers language instruction, sport instruction, housing, meals, roundtrip airport transfers, weekend stayover(s), and activities (two per week, plus one additional if staying for weekend).
- Registration Packet: A detailed camper registration packet containing check-in location, health & release forms, emergency contact info, and a packing list will be emailed to all registered campers in spring 2013. Our health and release forms require a doctor's signature and will be collected on the first day of camp. International campers must have health insurance valid in the US in order to attend camps.