Fairmont Preparatory Academy Nike Volleyball Camp Anaheim, California
US Sports is excited welcome back Coach Katie Kahlweiss, as director of our Nike Volleyball Camp at Fairmont Preparatory Academy in Anaheim, CA.
Campers train daily from 9am-3pm. All aspects of the game are covered. Nike Volleyball Camps strive to provide campers with a solid foundation to build upon after camp. Players are evaluated and placed into groups based on age and ability to ensure all campers are challenged.
- Excellent training facilities
- Five hours of daily instruction
- Coach to camper ratio is 1:10
- Players grouped by age and ability level
- Personal evaluations from your coach
- Nike Volleyball camp T-shirt
Just minutes from Disneyland and Knott’s Berry Farm, and located right off the I-5, Fairmont Preparatory Academy is Southern California’s leading prep school and is located in the heart of Orange County. With ample room, a safe and clean environment, and top-notch facilities, Fairmont Prep provides an ideal location to come out for 4 days to practice and improve your volleyball skills.Meet your coaching staff
Katie Kahlweiss graduated in 2005 from the University of San Diego. From 2001-2004, she played for the Toreros earning NCAA appearances 2001-2004, 2004 West Coast Conference Champs and 2004 NCAA Sweet Sixteen finish. Katie majored in History with a Single Subject teaching credential and is currently teaching at Fairmont Prep Academy after spending the last seven years at Mater Dei High School teaching and coaching. At Fairmont she teaches Physical Education and just finished her first year as Head Coach of the Girls’ Volleyball Program. She coached at WAVE Volleyball Club from 2006-2012 where she led her teams to earn several medals at the Junior National Championships. Katie currently is coaching at SCVC Los Cab Volleyball Club where she is the head coach of the 15-1 Roxy team and is the director of the SCVC Los Cab Beach program that she began in 2012. Katie also competes in AVP Qualifiers, NVL, and Jose Cuervo Volleyball Tournaments during the summer.Read Full Bio
• Trained in Brazil with Brazilian beach coaches in 2007 and 2008
• Earned AAA beach rating in 2010
• 2003 Competed in the European Indoor Volleyball Tour, SIblini, Italy
• 2006 Won Bronze 13U National at the National Championships
• 2007 Won Bronze 14U Open at the National Championships
• 2008 Won Silver 15U Open at the National Championships
• 2009 Won Gold 16U National at the National Championships
• 2010 Won Bronze 13U National at the National Championships
• 2011 1st place finish in 14U Division in SCVA
• 2011 1st at the So Cal Qualifier & Colorado Crossroad Qualifier for 14U Open Division
2014 CAMP INFORMATION
The NIKE Volleyball Camp at Fairmont Prep Academy provides campers with top quality instruction plus:
Camp runs from 9am-3pm daily. Lunch is not provided. Campers should bring a sack lunch with them each day.
Campers may purchase a Baden volleyball for $15. Volleyballs must be paid for at the time of registration. Campers do not need to bring a ball to camp and purchasing one is optional.
*Please note, this information is subject to change.
Check-in: between 8:30-9:00am at Fairmont Prep Gym on the first day of camp
Check-out: Graduation is at 2:30pm on the last day of camp.
Players Grouped by: skill, age, years of experience
Evaluation: Written by coaching staff
Equipment Needed: Volleyball shoes, knee pads and a water bottle
Facility: Fairmont Prep Gym
Sample Daily Schedule
- 9:00 Icebreaker volleyball game/ dynamic stretching
- 9:30 Technique teaching and Skills of the Day (passing/defense/serving) Demonstrations
- 10:00 Drills for the Skills of the Day
- 12:00 Lunch, Active Rest with Volleyball Videos
- 1:15 Position work: Attackers/Setters/Defenders
- 2:00 Transition Drills/ 6 vs 6 Drills
- 3:00 Campers depart
Team Discount: If eight or more campers register together, as a group by mail or fax, each camper will receive a $30 discount. Click “Get Brochure” above and print the application. All applications must be received at the same time via mail or fax. If all members of your group pay with a Visa or MasterCard, feel free to fax your applications to 415-479-6061 to expedite processing. Late or individual registrations are not eligible to receive the group discount. Discount does not apply to team only campsRead camper reviews