More Important Camp Details
All Skills: This program is open to players of all ability levels. Here you’ll master the fundamentals, develop proper mechanics and gain game play experience. Every aspect of the game is covered, giving you a solid skill foundation to build upon after camp.
Advanced: This program is designed for advanced players looking to continue their volleyball career in college. The sessions are longer, more intense, and have an added focus on strength and conditioning. This camp is for girls currently playing at the high school varsity level and club volleyball level. A letter of recommendation from your varsity or club coach is encouraged for campers who attend this session.
What's included in the fee?
Overnight campers: Dormitory housing on campus and all meals are provided.
Extended Day campers (9am-9pm -except first and last day): Lunch and dinner are provided.
24-hour supervision is an important feature of every NIKE Volleyball Camp. Staff members reside in campers’ quarters and participate in all activities.
Volleyballs: Molten Volleyballs may be purchased when you register for camp for an additional $15. Volleyballs must be paid for at the time of registration. Campers do not need to bring a ball to camp and purchasing one is optional.
*Please note, this information is subject to change.
2017 SESSION INFORMATION
Session I: All Skills July 9-12, 2017
- Check-in: Overnight campers check-in between 12:00-12:30pm and Extended Day campers check-in between 1:30-2:00pm on Sunday July 9th
- Check-out: graduation is at 12:00pm on Wednesday July 12th
- Extended Day Camper Schedule: Sunday 1:30-9:00pm, Monday & Tuesday 9:00am-9:00pm, Wednesday 9:00am-12:00pm
Session II: Advanced 12-14, 2017
- Check-in: Overnight campers check-in between 3:00-3:30pm and Extended Day campers check-in between 3:30-4:00pm on Wednesday July 14th
- Check-out: graduation is at 12:00pm on Friday July 14th
- Extended Day Camper Schedule: Wednesday 3:30-9:00pm, Thursday 9:00am-9:00pm, Friday 9:00am-12:00pm
Players Grouped by: Age and Ability Level. A general skills evaluation will take place on the first day of camp (coaches observe and evaluate player ability levels through specific drills or informal game play)
Evaluation: Written by coaching staff
Equipment Needed: Players should supply their own knee-pads and have at least one pair of well broken-in Volleyball (court) shoes.
Facility: Indoor Volleyball courts at the University Center-Lower Level
Dorm: West Hall
Campers Per Room: 2
Roommates: guaranteed if requested 14 days prior to camp
Bathrooms: shared on each floor
Linens: Not provided
Air Conditioning: Yes (dorms and gym)
Key Deposit: $65 fee if key is lost or damaged
Spending Money: $30
Medical Facility: an athletic trainer is on-site and a doctor is on-call for emergencies
Extra Activities: Swimming, bring swim suit and towel
If you have a group of eight or more campers registering for the same camp, each camper is eligible for a $30 discount. Groups can register online or via mail/fax.
To register a group online: Please have someone contact the USSC office with the names of each camper in the group at 1-800-645-3226 to create a unique discount code. Campers may then register individually through the website at their convenience and apply the offer code during check out.
To register a group via mail/fax: Please have each camper fill out our REGISTRATION FORM providing credit card number or a check. All registration forms must be received at the same time via mail or fax. Fax registrations to 415-526-5933. Mail registrations to Nike Volleyball Camps 1010 B Street, Suite 450, San Rafael, CA 94901.
Sample Daily Schedule
- 7:00 Wake-up, shower
- 7:45 Breakfast
- 9:00 Stretching/conditioning
- 9:15 Practice: pass/set/hit drills
- 10:30 Defense and serving drills
- 12:00 Lunch, rest
- 1:30 Spiking demonstration
- 1:45 Review: pass/set/serve
- 2:30 Practice: emergency recovery
- 4:30 Free time, rest
- 5:30 Dinner
- 6:30 Practice/games/scrimmages
- 10:00 Lights out