Nike Baseball Camp Franklin Road Academy
Improve your game and have serious fun
at Nike Baseball Camps
This is a camp designed for Middle School baseball players who want to improve their skills related to hitting, pitching, fielding, and base running. This camp will also help players begin to make the transition to the larger sized baseball field they will be playing on in 7th and 8th grades and beyond.
- Advanced instruction from Coach Wilson and staff
- Excellent training facilities
- Low camper to instructor ratio
- Baseball Instruction, Station Work, Situation Drills and Scrimmages
- Discussion topics: preparing for high school baseball and personal goal setting
- Official Nike Camp T-Shirt and prizes!
- Nike Baseball Camp Graduation Certificate
- View More Details ⟩
Camp Director Jon Wilson
Coach Wilson is in his 10th year of coaching at the middle and high school level. The 2018 season is his fourth season as the head baseball coach at Franklin Road Academy.View Jon's Bio ⟩
In the three previous seasons the FRA Panthers made three regional appearances (including a regional championship in 2016), two sub-state appearances, and won a state championship in 2016. Coach Wilson played his college ball at Winthrop University in Rock Hill, South Carolina. He earned All-Big South and All-American honors in 2004 as a right handed relief pitcher for the Eagles. He was drafted by the Texas Rangers in 2005 and played three seasons with Rangers minor league affiliates.
The Nike Baseball Camp at Franklin Road Academy will offer baseball players in the state of Tennessee a chance to improve their skills over summer. This camp is for baseball players of all abilities ages 10-14. Instruction will focus primarily on hitting and position specific fielding as well as game situations. In addition, pitchers will have the opportunity to work with pitching instructors. This will be a day camp only. See "More Camp Details" for further information.
2019 CAMP DATES
- June 17-20 (Monday-Thursday)
2019 SESSION SCHEDULE
CAMP DATES: June 17-20 (MON-THURS)
- Check-in: 8:45 a.m. each day for all campers. See registration packet for specific location.
- Check-out: 3:00 p.m. each day.
What's included in the fee?
- Daily baseball instruction
- Supervision: Staff members participate in all activities.
- All campers receive a Nike Baseball Camp t-shirt.
INSTRUCTION, EQUIPMENT & FACILITY
- Low camper to coach ratio
- Players Grouped by: age and ability
- Equipment Needed: Players should supply their own glove, cleats, bat and a helmet and wear baseball attire (baseball pants recommended)
- Facility: Outdoor Fields. Indoor facilities available during inclement weather conditions.
- Medical Protocol: In case of an emergency, campers will be transported to the nearest hospital.
Nike Baseball Camps does not provide transportation from airports, train stations or bus depots. If you have a child flying to camp, please arrange a shuttle or taxi service.
If you have a group of campers registering for the same camp, each camper is eligible for a discount. Please have someone contact the US Sports Camps office at 1-800-645-3226 with the names of each camper in the group and we will create a unique discount code for your group. Campers may then register individually through the website at their convenience and apply the offer code during check out. *Discount amount varies by program. Please call for details.
A detailed camper registration packet containing check in location, health/release forms, emergency contact info, and a list of things to bring will be emailed to all registered campers in the Spring. Our health and release forms may require a doctor's signature (please reference your camp packet). All required forms will be collected on the first day of camp.
Camps are open to any and all entrants, limited only by number, age, grade level and/or gender.