Nike Baseball Camp McDaniel College
Improve your game and have serious fun
at Nike Baseball Camps
Join the Green Terror baseball staff this summer for one of our newest camps on the East Coast at McDaniel College. Directing the youth baseball day camp in Westminster, MD is Head Coach Grant Neary.
- Professional instruction from Coach Neary and college-aged instructors
- Excellent residential, dining and training facilities
- Low camper to instructor ratio
- Baseball Instruction, Station Work, Situation Drills and Scrimmages
- Discussion topics: preparing for college baseball and personal goal setting
- Official Nike Camp T-Shirt and prizes!
- Nike Baseball Camp Graduation Certificate
- View More Details ⟩
Camp Director Grant Neary
Neary takes over the reins of the Green Terror baseball program in 2019.View Grant's Bio ⟩
Neary has spent the last six seasons as an assistant coach at NCAA Division I New Jersey Institute of Technology (NJIT). He has a been a key member of the coaching staff that has guided the Highlanders to four 20-win seasons over the last six years that included the program’s first winning record at the Division I level in 2015.
Over his time at NJIT, he has coordinated the recruiting duties as well as assisted in all offensive and defensive aspects of the game. He has worked primarily with the infielders on their defense and coordinated the offense, including coaching third base.
This past season he helped guide NJIT to the sixth seed in the ASUN tournament, where the Highlanders fell to top-seed, No. 11 national seed and regional champion Stetson.
Prior to his time at NJIT, he served as an assistant coach and recruiting coordinator at Division II Bloomfield College in 2012. In addition to a focus on recruiting, he also developed the defensive skills and offensive plan for all position players. Bloomfield advanced to the Quarterfinal of the Central Atlantic College Conference tournament and finished with a 22-21 overall record that season. Six players earned all-Conference honors, two garnered all-Region honors and two were Rawlings Gold Glove Award recipients. Neary has also served as a baseball instructor at the Demarini Top 96 College Recruiting Camp and was the head coach of the Freehold Clippers (ABCCL) in the summer of 2012.
Neary spent the previous three seasons at City College of New York as associate head coach and recruiting coordinator and then was named head coach for the 2011 season. In 2010 and 2011, Neary led CCNY to the conference tournament. He coached 12 players to all-conference honors and one National Strength and Conditioning All-American during his time at CCNY.
Prior to his time at CCNY, Neary served as the Chief Operating Officer of Power Hitter Sports Performance LLC and was an assistant coach at Watchung Hills Regional High School, helping guide the 2005 squad to a state championship.
He also led the Watchung Hills American Legion program to its first playoff berth in over a decade in the summer of 2006. Neary began his collegiate coaching career as an assistant strength and conditioning coach at Stevens.
He was a first-team all-state baseball player at Bridgewater-Raritan (N.J.) High School and went on to become a two-sport athlete during his college years. He won both a national and a world championship in powerlifting.
Neary graduated from Kean in 2003 with a degree in physical education/adult fitness and earned his master’s in exercise science and health promotion from California (Pa.).
The Nike Baseball Camp at McDaniel College will offer baseball players in the state of Maryland a chance to improve their skills over summer. This camp is for baseball players of all abilities ages 10-18. Instruction will focus primarily on hitting andposition specific fielding as well as game situations. In addition, pitchers will have the opportunity to work with pitching instructors. This will be a day camp only. See "More Camp Details" for further information.
2019 Camp Dates
- July 15-18 (Monday-Thursday)
Please note: The following information may be subject to change.
2019 SESSION SCHEDULE
CAMP DATES: JULY 15-18 (MON-THURS)
- Check-in: 8:45 a.m. each day for all campers. See registration packet for specific location.
- Check-out: 3:00 p.m. each day.
What's included in the fee?
- Daily baseball instruction
- Supervision: Staff members participate in all activities.
- All campers receive a Nike Baseball Camp t-shirt.
INSTRUCTION, EQUIPMENT & FACILITY
- Low camper to coach ratio
- Players Grouped by: age and ability
- Equipment Needed: Players should supply their own glove, cleats, bat and a helmet and wear baseball attire (baseball pants recommended)
- Facility: Outdoor Fields. Indoor facilities available during inclement weather conditions.
- Medical Protocol: In case of an emergency, campers will be transported to the nearest hospital.
Nike Baseball Camps does not provide transportation from airports, train stations or bus depots. If you have a child flying to camp, please arrange a shuttle or taxi service.
If you have a group of campers registering for the same camp, each camper is eligible for a discount. Please have someone contact the US Sports Camps office at 1-800-645-3226 with the names of each camper in the group and we will create a unique discount code for your group. Campers may then register individually through the website at their convenience and apply the offer code during check out. *Discount amount varies by program. Please call for details.
A detailed camper registration packet containing check in location, health/release forms, emergency contact info, and a list of things to bring will be emailed to all registered campers in the Spring. Our health and release forms may require a doctor's signature (please reference your camp packet). All required forms will be collected on the first day of camp.
Camps are open to any and all entrants, limited only by number, age, grade level and/or gender.
Sample Daily Schedule
- 8:45 a.m. Check-in
- 9:00 a.m. Stretch and Position Based Throwing Program
- 9:30 a.m. Defensive Position Based Instruction and Drill Work
- 11:30 a.m. Lunch
- 12:00 p.m. Guest Speaker (College Coach, Player, etc.)
- 12:30 p.m. Offensive Instruction, Drill Work and Games
- 3:00 p.m. Camp Warp-ups
This facility is the home of the Green Terror baseball team. It has received numerous upgrades in recent years, including railings in front of the dugouts and permanent fencing to completely enclose the field.