Nike Baseball Camp at Loomis Chaffee School
Improve your game and have serious fun
at Nike Baseball Camps
NIKE Baseball Camps is excited to be returning to Loomis Chaffee School in the summer of 2018. Each day will be filled with baseball drills that cover hitting, fielding, base running, and team play to help each camper take their game to the next level!
Directing the program is newly hired Head Coach, Donnie McKillop. Coach McKillop comes to Loomis from Amherst College via Middlebury College where he coached the baseball program in the Spring.
- Professional instruction from Coach McKillop and his staff
- Low camper to staff ratio
- Multi-level ability grouping
- Daily emphasis on fundamental development, team play and more
- Discussion topics: preparing for college baseball and personal goal setting
- Official Nike Camp T-Shirt and prizes!
- Nike Baseball Camp Graduation Certificate
- View More Details ⟩
Camp Director Donnie McKillop
Donnie is the Head Baseball Coach, Assistant Director of Athletics, and Assistant Football Coach at The Loomis Chaffee School. He led the Pelicans to an outright Colonial League Championship in the Spring of 2017.View Donnie McKillop's Bio ⟩
Donnie McKillop joined Loomis Chaffee in 2017 as the assistant athletic director, head varsity baseball coach and assistant football coach.
Donnie came to the Island after a season as assistant football coach at Amherst College, which was proceeded by a year as the assistant baseball coach at his alma mater, Middlebury College. Prior to Middlebury, Donnie was the graduate assistant football coach at Springfield College where he coached the secondary and linebackers as well as interning in the athletic departments of Amherst and Dartmouth. From 2011 – 2014 Donnie was a history teacher at Williston Northampton where he also coached baseball, football and basketball.
Donnie is a 2011 graduate of Middlebury where he started all four-years on the football and baseball teams, serving as captain of both programs. He earned All-NESCAC honors as a third baseman in 2009 and 2010 where he batted .435 and .423 respectively. As a two-year captain for Middlebury baseball, he also led the team to a NESCAC playoff berth in 2011 and still holds the record for most doubles in a career.
On the football field Donnie quarterbacked the 2007 NESCAC championship team where he was All NESCAC, Rookie of the Year in 2007 and Player of the Year in 2009. He graduated as the Panthers’ highest rated passer and remains atop most passing statistical categories in the program's history. Donnie earned Middlebury’s Bayard Russ '66 Memorial Athletic Award; awarded to the senior who is most outstanding in two intercollegiate sports exemplifying the excellence of performance, aggressiveness, leadership, tremendous desire and team spirit of A. Bayard Russ '66.
Donnie’s favorite element of athletics is the relationships built by the practice of sport; sharing common goals and pursuing them relentlessly together with teammates.
The Nike Baseball Camp at the Loomis Chaffee School is for baseball players of all abilities ages 9-16. Instruction will focus primarily on hitting, specific position fielding, base-running, and game situations. In addition, pitchers will have the opportunity to work with pitching instructors.This camp will offer three program options: Overnight, Extended Day, and Day. See "More Camp Details" for further information.
2019 Camp Dates
- July 21-24 (Sunday-Wednesday)
Please note: The following information may be subject to change.
2019 SESSION SCHEDULE
CAMP DATES: JULY 21-24 (SUN-WED)
- Check-in: 3:00 p.m. on Sunday for all campers. See registration packet for specific location.
- Check-out: 2:00 p.m. on Wednesday.
- Day Camper Schedule: Sunday: 3:00-9:00 p.m., Monday-Tuesday: 9:00-3:00 p.m., Wednesday: 9:00-2:00 p.m.
- Extended Day Camper Schedule: Sunday: 3:00-9:00 p.m., Monday-Tuesday: 9:00-9:00 p.m., Wednesday: 9:00-3:00 p.m.
What's included in the fee?
- Daily baseball instruction
- Overnight campers: Dormitory housing on campus and all meals are provided.
- Extended Day campers: Lunch and dinner are provided.
- Day campers: Lunch will be provided.
- Supervision: Staff members reside in rooms strategically placed throughout the dorm to provide optimal supervision, and participate in all activities.
- Camp T-shirt & Nike Lanyard: All campers receive a Nike Baseball Camp t-shirt and Nike Lanyard.
INSTRUCTION, EQUIPMENT & FACILITY
- Low camper to coach ratio
- Players Grouped by: age and ability
- Equipment Needed: Players should supply their own glove, cleats, bat and a helmet and wear baseball attire (baseball pants recommended)
- Facility: Outdoor Fields. Indoor facilities available during inclement weather conditions.
- Medical Protocol: In case of an emergency, campers will be transported to the nearest hospital.
- Dorm: See registration packet for specific on-campus dorm.
- Campers Per Room: 2 (unless otherwise noted in registration packet)
- Roommates: Rooms are assigned by age & roommate requests. Roommate requests must be received no later than 14 days before the start of camp. If you don't have a roommate request, you will be placed in a room with someone near your age. It will be a great opportunity to meet someone new!
- Linens: Not included. Bring linens or sleeping bag, pillow, pillowcase, and a towel.
- Air Conditioning: No, campers are encouraged to bring a fan.
Nike Baseball Camps does not provide transportation from airports, train stations or bus depots. If you have a child flying to camp, please arrange a shuttle or taxi service.
If you have a group of campers registering for the same camp, each camper is eligible for a discount. Please have someone contact the US Sports Camps office at 1-800-645-3226 with the names of each camper in the group and we will create a unique discount code for your group. Campers may then register individually through the website at their convenience and apply the offer code during check out. *Discount amount varies by program. Please call for details.
A detailed camper registration packet containing check in location, health/release forms, emergency contact info, and a list of things to bring will be emailed to all registered campers in the Spring. Our health and release forms may require a doctor's signature (please reference your camp packet). All required forms will be collected on the first day of camp.
Camps are open to any and all entrants, limited only by number, age, grade level and/or gender.
Camp ReviewsSubmit a review
My son had an amazing camp experience and is looking forward to going back next year!
August 02, 2018: Skills competition was awesome! Loved making lots of baseball playing friends and living in a dorm.
— Laura W. Parent0
Camp was great and filled with drill!
August 02, 2018: My son enjoyed meeting new people who are passionate about the game of baseball. The camp was fun and coaches were encouraging to all athletes.
— Bryan M. Parent0
August 02, 2018: Nice coaches and players, fun practice and fun baseball.
— Betsy F. Parent0
August 02, 2018: Zach loved the coaches. He enjoyed making new friends and playing his favorite sport.
— Jessica R. Parent
He absolutely loved it!
August 02, 2018: Michael came home raving about camp and feeling very confident about his skills. He reported that the Coach and all his camp mates were nice amd it was super fun! A+
— Desire G. Parent
Coach Ty is awesome
July 23, 2017: The highlight had to be Coach Ty. He was so nice and funny. He was an awesome coach and I hope to be like him when I am his age.
— Deborah A. Parent
New friends and skills
July 20, 2017: Noah enjoyed the skills development, the games and the activities. Also, he enjoyed meeting some new friends.
— Peter C. Parent
Jul7 20, 2017: I highly recommend this camp and I had a great time, the only problem was how hot it was in the dorms we stayed in, all in all the coaches were great, very organized and fun.
— Kim U. Parent