Nike Junior Golf Camps, Grassy Hill Country Club
Improve your game and have serious fun at
Nike Junior Golf Camps
Nike Junior Golf Camps is excited to offer its newest location in Orange, CT at Grassy Hill Country Club. Camp Director, Ken Gemmell, is excited to invite players of all ability levels to join in for a week of top-notch instruction with his staff of experienced teaching professionals.
FULL DAY CAMP
Full Day Camps run Monday through Thursday, 9:00am to 4:00pm. Every morning for three hours campers practice all aspects of their games - putting, chipping, bunker play and full-swing. Morning instruction is followed by lunch and on-course instruction. These camps are open to players of all abilities, ages 7-12. Lunch is included for full day campers each day.
HALF DAY CAMP
Half Day Camps run Monday through Thursday from 9:00am to 12:00pm and include twelve hours of total range instruction. Strong emphasis is placed on the fundamentals—stance, grip, posture, full swing, rules & etiquette, etc. As the week unfolds, campers receive quality short-game instruction and by Thursday, each Nike junior golfer will see improvement in his or her golf game! These camps are open to players of all abilities, ages 7-12.
- Three hours of instruction with our experienced staff covering all facets of the game; putting, chipping/pitching, full-swing
- Supervised course play with the camp staff (when available for Full Day campers only)
- Camper amenity package including a Nike hat, drawstring bag, SRIXON golf balls, camp workbook, and graduation certificate
- A healthy and positive learning environment designed to help every camper get better
- View More Details ⟩
Camp Director Ken Gemmell
Ken Gemmel will serve as Camp Director for the Nike Junior Golf Camps at Grassy Hill Country Club.
This program is designed for boys and girls between the ages of 7 and 12. The staff is on hand to provide campers with top quality instruction each day. At Nike Junior Golf Camps we accommodate all skill levels; the junior player just discovering the game, the high school player trying to move up on the team, and the tournament level junior looking to improve his or her tournament results. Upon arrival, all participants are evaluated by the staff so that their own instructional needs can be addressed throughout the week.
SECURE YOUR SPOT!
You can expect high demand on these first-come-first-serve camper spots, so please be sure to register early.
- Dates: 2024 Camp Dates Coming Soon
- Full Day/Half Day: 2024 Camp Dates Coming Soon
- Age Group: 7-12
- Gender: Co-ed
- Camp Type: Full Day & Half Day Camps Available
- Full Day: 9:00am-4:00pm, Monday-Thursday
- Half Day: 9:00am-12:00pm, Monday-Thursday
- Check-In: 15 minutes prior to camp start time.
- Lunch: Lunch is included for Full Day campers each day.
- Program: The All Abilities program is designed to improve the fundamental skills needed for golf including putting, chipping, bunker play, and full-swing. On the first day of camp, all participants will be evaluated by the instructors and placed into groups based on age and ability level in various individual, small group and full group settings.
Please note: Camp schedules and details may be subject to change.
WHAT'S INCLUDED IN THE FEE?
- Instruction: Morning instruction and afternoon course play (for Full Day campers only)
- Lunch: Lunch is included for Full Day campers each day.
- Supervision: Campers are supervised by staff during camp hours.
- Camper Amenity Package: Campers will receive an amenity package including a Nike hat, drawstring bag, SRIXON golf balls, camp workbook, and graduation certificate.
INSTRUCTION, EQUIPMENT & FACILITY
- Ratio: 1:8 staff-to-camper ratio.
- Groupings: Campers are grouped by age, ability, and experience.
- Equipment Needed: Players should supply their own golf clubs, glove, golf balls, and tees. Through Nike Junior Golf Camps we do not provide club rentals at this camp. You can reach out to the Pro-Shop at the golf course to see if they have any rentals available for your session of camp. The phone number is (203) 795-3100.
- Facility: Grassy Hill Country Club
- Medical Protocol: Camp will have on-site staff to help with illness or injury. In case of an emergency, campers will be transported to the nearest hospital.
PREPARE FOR CAMP: COMPLETE YOUR PRE-CAMP CHECKLIST
To view your customer account, complete your mandatory forms, pay balance dues, and review important camp information, visit Pre-Camp Checklist. All necessary camp information is on this page. If there are any imperative changes prior to camp start, registered campers will be notified via email and this webpage will be updated!
CHECKLIST OF THINGS TO BRING
Below is a suggested list of clothes, equipment, and personal items. US Sports Camps is NOT responsible for lost or stolen articles or money.
- Athletic clothing (t-shirts, shorts)
- Golf clubs
- Golf Balls/tees/glove
- Golf shoes or tennis/athletic shoes
- Collared shirt (recommended)
- Water bottle*
- Hat/visor (Campers receive Nike hat with amenity package)
- Snacks (optional)
- COVID PPE (as required by state/local guidelines)
- Signed Health & Release forms and waivers (forms completed online do not need to be printed and turned in at camp)
Transportation is not provided. Campers are responsible for getting to and from camp on their own. There is no supervision before or after camp hours so please make arrangements to pick up your child on time.
For information regarding our cancellation policy and all other company policies, please visit USSC Policies.
NIKE JUNIOR GOLF CAMP FAQ
For general questions about our golf camps please see our FAQ page.Show Less See More Camp Details
Please note: Camp schedules may be subject to change.
Sample Daily Schedule
- 8:45am Check-in, warm-up
- 9:00am Staff demonstrations, overview of daily curriculum
- 9:15am Instruction - practice on skills and fundamentals; grip, stance, posture, pitching, putting, bunker play and full swing
- 12:00pm Lunch, half day campers depart
- 1:00pm On-course instruction with camp staff (when available)
- 4:00pm Full day campers depart
Grassy Hill Country Club
Nestled in the rolling hills of southern Connecticut, Grassy Hill Country Club features a challenging and scenic 18-hole, championship course that can be enjoyed by long ball and short ball hitters alike. A public facility, Grassy Hill rivals any private golf club with regard to course conditions, services, professionalism and the quality of golf one can expect. Offering three sets of tees, the course can be enjoyed by players of all skill levels including seniors, juniors and women.
The course offers gently rolling hills and meticulously manicured fast greens with an open feel off the tee. With several signature holes, including the challenging Par 3 5th, there are plenty of challenges and rewards on this course.
Camp Questions & Answers
IS LUNCH PROVIDED?
Lunch is included for Full Day campers each day.
CAN WE RENT CLUBS?
Through Nike Junior Golf Camps we do not provide club rentals at this camp. You can reach out to the Pro-Shop at the golf course to see if they have any rentals available for your session of camp. The phone number is (203) 795-3100.
July 2, 2023: As a beginner, the coaches helped to develop skills and promoted my daughters passion for a new sport.
The staff were engaging and fun!
SECURE YOUR SPOT – CAMPS SELL OUT!
Last year over 650 Sports Camps sold out, leaving 7,000+ campers on the waitlist. Due to high demand, early registration for our first-come-first-serve camps is strongly recommended.