Nike Junior Golf Camps, Ohio Dominican University
Improve your game and have serious fun at
Nike Junior Golf Camps
Get ready for an amazing experience in Columbus, OH! Ohio Dominican Head Golf Coach and Nike Camp Director, Chris Deibel, offers a week-long junior overnight camp at Ohio Dominican University. Structured for players ages 14-17, this camp is an opportunity for aspiring college golfers to learn for themselves what a week of college golf is like. Meals are provided to all campers during the duration of the camp.
Nike Junior Golf Camp participants stay on campus in dorms and utilize the team practice facilities including Champions Golf Club, Panthers Den on-campus indoor golf facility, and the Alumni Gym and Griffin Fitness Center for instruction from the coaching staff.
- Team and individual practice sessions – full swing, short game, putting
- Daily classroom sessions (golf focused - rules of golf, course management, performance evaluation, etc)
- TPI Evaluations
- Competitive rounds each day
- Speed training
- Group activity each day
- Camper amenity package including a Nike hat, drawstring bag, SRIXON golf balls, camp workbook and graduation certificate
- Safe, healthy and fun learning environment
- View More Details ⟩
This program is designed for boys and girls between the ages of 14 and 17. This camp is an opportunity for aspiring college golfers to learn for themselves what a week of college golf is like. These camps offer training and real competition scenarios that develop every part of your game. During the week, campers work on short game, putting, approach shots, course management, and will test their new skills in weekly competitions and 18-hole tournaments. Upon arrival, all participants are evaluated by the staff so that their own instructional needs can be addressed throughout the week.
SECURE YOUR SPOT!
- Dates: June 9-13, 2024
- Age Group: 14-17
- Gender: Co-ed
- Camp Type: Overnight
- Overnight: Sunday - Thursday
- Check-in: Sunday @ 3:00pm
- Check-out: Thursday @ 1:00pm
- Overnight: Sunday - Thursday
- Check-In: Registration for overnight campers occurs on campus at 3:00pm on Sunday at Aquinas or Siena Hall (TBD). Please come dressed and ready to play as afternoon golf session begins immediately following check-in.
- Check-out: The closing ceremony occurs from 1:00pm on Thursday at the Champions Golf Club. Check-out is to immediately follow.
- Meals: Overnight campers will receive all meals during the camp times (breakfast, lunch, dinner).
- Program: The Advanced program is designed for the high-school or tournament-level player looking for a competitive experience. All aspects of the game are addressed and there is a strong emphasis on tournament preparation, course management, mental toughness and scoring improvements.
Please note: Camp schedules and details may be subject to change.
WHAT'S INCLUDED IN THE FEE?
- Instruction: Morning instruction and afternoon course play at a rotation of facilities.
- Meals: Overnight campers will receive all meals during camp (breakfast, lunch, dinner).
- Supervision: Campers are under staff supervision at all times as staff members live in adjacent rooms to overnight campers. Drugs, alcohol and tobacco are strictly prohibited, and constitute, along with general misconduct, grounds for dismissal from camp without a refund.
- Camper Amenity Package: Campers will receive an amenity package including a Nike hat, drawstring bag, SRIXON golf balls, camp workbook, and graduation certificate.
INSTRUCTION, EQUIPMENT & FACILITY
- Ratio: 1:4 staff-to-camper ratio.
- Groupings: Campers are grouped by age, ability, and experience.
- Equipment Needed: Players should supply their own golf clubs, glove, golf balls, and tees.
- Facilities: Champions Golf Club, Panthers Den on-campus indoor golf facility, Alumni Gym and Griffin Fitness Center
- Medical Protocol: Camp will have on-site staff to help with illness or injury. In case of an emergency, campers will be transported to the nearest hospital.
- Dorm: On campus; Aquinas or Siena Hall (TBD)
- Campers Per Room: Campers will be housed in double rooms.
- Roommates: Rooms are assigned by age & roommate requests. Roommate requests must be received no later than 14 days before the start of camp. If you don't have a roommate request, you will be placed in a room with someone near your age. It will be a great opportunity to meet someone new!
- Linens: TBD
- Air Conditioning: Yes
- Key Deposit: TBD
- Spending Money: We recommend that each overnight camper bring $60-75 per week of spending money to cover incidentals like snacks, souvenirs and other activities. Please bring cash in a marked envelope for your child.
*Staff members reside in campers’ quarters and participate in all activities.
PREPARE FOR CAMP: COMPLETE YOUR PRE-CAMP CHECKLIST
To view your customer account, complete your mandatory forms, pay balance dues, and review important camp information, visit Pre-Camp Checklist. All necessary camp information is on this page. If there are any imperative changes prior to camp start, registered campers will be notified via email and this webpage will be updated!
CHECKLIST OF THINGS TO BRING
Below is a suggested list of clothes, equipment, and personal items. US Sports Camps, Ohio Dominican and the golf facilities being used are NOT responsible for lost or stolen articles or money.
- Golf clubs
- Golf Balls/tees/glove
- Golf shoes or tennis/athletic shoes
- Athletic clothing (t-shirts, shorts)
- 5-6 collared shirts (recommended)
- 4-6 golf appropriate shorts/pants
- 6-8 pairs of socks
- Casual clothes
- Sweatshirt/warm up jacket and pants
- Raingear and/or umbrella
- Toilet/personal items
- Insect repellent
- Laundry bag
- Water bottle*
- Hat/visor (Campers receive Nike hat with amenity package)
- Snacks (optional)
- Linens, blankets, towels, and pillow
- COVID PPE (as required by state/local guidelines)
- Signed Health & Release forms and waivers (forms completed online do not need to be printed and turned in at camp)
Nike Junior Golf Camps does not provide ground transportation from airports, train stations or bus stations. Parents/guardians are fully responsible for getting campers to and from camp check-in/out. If you have a child flying to camp, please visit the John Glenn Columbus International Airport (CMH) website for information on ground service to and from Columbus.
For information regarding our cancellation policy and all other company policies, please visit USSC Policies.
NIKE JUNIOR GOLF CAMP FAQ
For general questions about our golf camps please see our FAQ page.
This camp is open to any and all entrants (limited only by number, age, grade level, and/or gender).Show Less See More Camp Details
Please note: Camp schedules may be subject to change.
Sample Daily Schedule
- 7:00am Workout at the Alumni Gym and Griffin Fitness Center
- 8:00am Breakfast at the dining halls (Hamilton Hall)
- 8:45am Classroom sessions
- 10:00am Golf instruction with coaches
- 12:00pm Lunch
- 1:00pm Competition round of golf
- 4:00pm Classroom sessions
- 5:00pm Dinner at the dining halls (Hamilton Hall)
- 6:00pm Indoor Golf Challenge at Panthers Den
- 7:30pm Group Activity/Free Time
- 10:00pm Lights out
Champions Golf Club
Champions Golf Course is considered one of Central Ohio’s most challenging public courses because of its rolling fairways, mature trees, demanding doglegs, undulating greens, and hilly terrain. Formerly the Winding Hollow Country Club, Champions first opened in 1922 as a 9 hole course designed by Herbert Strong. In 1954 Robert Trent Jones designed the current 18 hole course as played today. Nestled next to Easton Town Center on the northeast side of Columbus and inside the I-270 outer belt, Champions Golf Course is the perfect place for your golfing destination. An amazing place to hold golf outings, this course will leave a lasting impression on your guests.
SECURE YOUR SPOT – CAMPS SELL OUT!
Last year over 650 Sports Camps sold out, leaving 7,000+ campers on the waitlist. Due to high demand, early registration for our first-come-first-serve camps is strongly recommended.