Nike Junior Golf Camps, Olney Golf Park
Improve your game and have serious fun at
Nike Junior Golf Camps
Nike Junior Golf Camps is proud to offer our newest camp location in Maryland, just outside Washington D.C., at Olney Golf Park. Open to juniors of all abilities, campers receive top-notch instruction during the week from PGA Director of Instruction, Jim Estes, and his staff of assistants.
HALF DAY CAMPS 9:00AM - 12:00PM
Half Day Camps run 9:00am-Noon and include 15 hours of total instruction on the practice range and short game areas. For three hours each day, campers sharpen their skills with strong emphasis on the fundamentals—stance, grip, posture, full swing, rules & etiquette, etc. As the week unfolds, campers receive quality instruction and by the end of the week, each Nike junior golfer will see improvement in his or her golf game!
- Three hours of daily instruction covering putting, chipping, pitching and full swing
- Camper amenity package including a Nike hat, drawstring bag, one dozen SRIXON balls, camp workbook, and graduation certificate
- A healthy and positive learning environment designed to help every camper get better
- View More Details ⟩
Camp Director Jim Estes
Jim Estes is PGA Director of Instruction at Olney Golf Park and owner of Jim Estes Golf Academy. He has been a teaching professional for over 25 years and has earned honors as a Golf Digest "Best Teachers in the State of Maryland" from 2011-2015.View Jim's Bio ⟩
Jim’s Teaching Philosophy
Jim’s teaching philosophy encompasses a holistic approach that focuses on improvement of performance by addressing such factors such as a physical assessment, a skills assessment, mental approach, and course management. Jim believes that a player should swing according to their body type rather than fighting natural tendencies. He identifies the source of an individual’s physical power and consistency based on each body type, and identifies physical limitations. He can then provide instruction on how to improve elements of strength and flexibility that allow the mechanics of the golf swing to be applied more easily. Jim’s goal is to motivate each student to get results on the course.
- New Teaching Milestones for 2017: Jim’s Adult Coaching Program has helped Sturt Barth, Michael Werner, and Kevin Wei shoot their lowest scores. In addition, Jim in 2017 has helped his fiftieth player play college golf.
- Jim qualified and made the cut in the 2015 Senior PGA Championship has guided juniors to 23 college scholarships
- 32 HIGH SCHOOL GOLFERS utilizing the Jim Estes Golf Coaching program have played golf in college.
- 2012-14 Golf Range Association Growth of the Game Award
- 2011-15 Golf Digest Best Teachers in the State of Maryland
- 2010 PGA Patriot Award Winner for the country
- 2008 PGA Middle Atlantic Section player of the year
- 2008 7th in the National Club Professional Championship and qualified for the PGA Championship
- 2008 Middle Atlantic Section President’s Award given for outstanding contributions to the local community
- 2007 GOLF Magazine Innovator Award
- WEB. Com tour winner 1996
- PGA TOUR MEMBER 1998
- PGA of America National Player of the Year 1995
These programs are designed for boys and girls between the ages of 7 and 15. The staff is on hand to provide campers with top quality instruction each day. At Nike Junior Golf Camps we accommodate all skill levels. Upon arrival, all participants are evaluated by the staff so that their own instructional needs can be addressed throughout the week.Show Less See More Camp Details
A detailed camper registration packet containing check in location, health/release forms, emergency contact info, and a list of things to bring will be emailed to all registered players before camp.
Sample Daily Schedule
- 8:45-9:00am Campers check-in at Olney Park
- 9:00-9:15am Warm-up, stretching, overview of daily schedule
- 9:15-11:30am Instructional stations - campers rotate between putting, short game and full swing stations
- 11:30-Noon Games, wrap-up of day, campers check-out
Olney Golf Park
Olney Golf Park, a 2016 GRAA Top-50 Stand Alone Range, is the Mid-Atlantic’s Premiere golf practice facility and home to the SMGA, the Golf 4 Kids Academy and the Performance Golf Academy. Located in Olney, MD, Olney Golf Park offers a country club type experience for the public with PGA & LPGA Golf Instructors, Club Fitters certified by all of our OEM Partners, on site club repair and the best Green Grass Golf Shop in the area. Everyone loves the island green, covered double deck heated tee line, two-acre short game practice area, and state of the art teaching studio.
Camp Dates & Prices
This program has concluded for the season.
Please Join our email list to be notified when this program is available for registration.