Nike Baseball Camp University of Maryland Eastern Shore
Improve your game and have serious fun
at Nike Baseball Camps
Join us this summer for one of our newest camps on the East Coast at the University of Maryland Eastern Shore.
Directiing the youth baseball camp is Head Coach Brian Hollamon.
- Professional instruction from Coach Hollamon and college-aged instructors
- Excellent residential, dining and training facilities
- Low camper to instructor ratio
- Baseball Instruction, Station Work, Situation Drills and Scrimmages
- Discussion topics: preparing for college baseball and personal goal setting
- Official Nike Camp T-Shirt and prizes!
- Nike Baseball Camp Graduation Certificate
- View More Details ⟩
Camp Director Brian Hollamon
The University of Maryland Eastern Shore on August 21, 2017, appointed alumnus, one-time Hawks assistant and long-time Parkside High School coach Brian Hollamon to be its head baseball coach.View Brian's Bio & Baseball Tips ⟩
Hollamon was a graduate assistant with the Hawks from 1996-99 when he earned a Masters of Education in Guidance and Counseling from the university. Since then, he has been a fixture in coaching interscholastic baseball on the Delmarva Peninsula.
Over the last 14 seasons at Parkside, where he was also a guidance counselor, Hollamon has built a perennial power in the Bayside Conference, while consistently producing players who go on to play baseball at all levels including Division I.
Hollamon led the Rams to 14 straight winning seasons from 2003-2017. Parkside won three Bayside South Titles, one Bayside crown, two Maryland Public Secondary Schools Athletic Association 2A East Region Sectional Championships, four Maryland 2A East Regional Championships, and most notably made two MPSSAA 2A State Finalist Appearances (2009, 2014).
He was named Bayside South Coach of the Year three times (2006, 2008, 2011) and District 8 coach of the Year twice (2009, 2014). In 2015, he coached in the prestigious Brooks Robinson High School All-Star Game and that same year he was recognized by the Maryland State Association of Baseball Coaches as the Amateur Coach of the Year for his work in high school and American Legion Baseball.
The graduate of Sussex Central High School in Georgetown, Delaware, played four years of baseball at Division III Salisbury University where he was team captain from 1992-1995 and earned a bachelor’s in Marketing and Management. He was named team MVP and earned All-Conference honors at shortstop.
Following his stint with the Hawks, Hollamon moved on to become the head coach at Mardela High School from 1999-2003.
Hollamon also coached with American Legion Post 64 in Salisbury as an assistant before taking over the team in 2015, and played 22 seasons for the Semi-Pro Perdue Chicks of the Eastern Shore Baseball League.
Baseball Tips by Brian:
The Nike Baseball Camp at Maryland Eastern Shore is the perfect opportunity for baseball players in the state of Maryland to enhance their skills. This camp is for baseball players of all abilities ages 9-18. Instruction will focus primarily on hitting, specific position fielding, base-running, and game situations. In addition, pitchers will have the opportunity to work with pitching instructors. Overnight and Extended options are available. See "More Camp Details" for further information.
2019 Camp Dates
- June 23-26 (Sunday-Wednesday)
Please note: The following information may be subject to change.
2019 SESSION SCHEDULE
CAMP DATES: JUne 23-26 (SUN-WED)
- Check-in: 2:00 p.m. on Sunday for all campers. See registration packet for specific location.
- Check-out: 2:00 p.m. on Wednesday.
- Extended Day Camper Schedule: Sunday: 2:00-9:00 p.m., Monday-Tuesday: 9:00-9:00 p.m., Wednesday: 9:00-2:00 p.m.
What's included in the fee?
- Daily baseball instruction
- Overnight campers: Dormitory housing on campus and all meals are provided.
- Extended Day campers: Lunch and dinner are provided.
- Supervision: Staff members reside in rooms strategically placed throughout the dorm to provide optimal supervision, and participate in all activities.
- Camp T-shirt & Nike Lanyard: All campers receive a Nike Baseball Camp t-shirt and Nike Lanyard.
INSTRUCTION, EQUIPMENT & FACILITY
- Low camper to coach ratio
- Players Grouped by: age and ability
- Equipment Needed: Players should supply their own glove, cleats, bat and a helmet and wear baseball attire (baseball pants recommended)
- Facility: Outdoor Fields. Indoor facilities available during inclement weather conditions.
- Medical Protocol: In case of an emergency, campers will be transported to the nearest hospital.
- Dorm: See registration packet for specific on-campus dorm.
- Campers Per Room: 2 (unless otherwise noted in registration packet)
- Roommates: Rooms are assigned by age & roommate requests. Roommate requests must be received no later than 14 days before the start of camp. If you don't have a roommate request, you will be placed in a room with someone near your age. It will be a great opportunity to meet someone new!
- Linens: Not included. Bring linens or sleeping bag, pillow, pillowcase, and a towel.
- Air Conditioning: No, campers are encouraged to bring a fan.
Nike Baseball Camps does not provide transportation from airports, train stations or bus depots. If you have a child flying to camp, please arrange a shuttle or taxi service.
If you have a group of campers registering for the same camp, each camper is eligible for a discount. Please have someone contact the US Sports Camps office at 1-800-645-3226 with the names of each camper in the group and we will create a unique discount code for your group. Campers may then register individually through the website at their convenience and apply the offer code during check out. *Discount amount varies by program. Please call for details.
A detailed camper registration packet containing check in location, health/release forms, emergency contact info, and a list of things to bring will be emailed to all registered campers in the Spring. Our health and release forms may require a doctor's signature (please reference your camp packet). All required forms will be collected on the first day of camp.
Camps are open to any and all entrants, limited only by number, age, grade level and/or gender.
Hawk Baseball Stadium
Hawk Stadium, the home of the Hawk baseball team is directly behind the Hytche Center. Wind screens and foul polls were added to the stadium in 2008. The dugouts and press box were repainted, and new sod was laid down prior to the season, as well.
Camp ReviewsSubmit a review
July 16, 2018: The whole group and family members were about the children and baseball.
— Glen C. Parent0
Great coaches and staff!
July 12, 2018: I attended UMES 20 years ago, it was a privilege to have my boy attend a camp where I played ball. So excited to have known the baseball coach and other staff.
— Tonya L. Parent0
This camp was very inclusive for all players
July 12, 2018: Practicing and playing games with the older boys making us all feel equally important.
— Jonathon K. Parent0
July 12, 2018: Having the opportunity to show my baseball skills in front of college coaches and making new friends.
— Dave F. Parent