Nike Basketball Camp Nassau Community College
Improve your game and have serious fun
at Nike Basketball Camps
Nike Basketball Camps announces its return to Garden City, NY in Long Island to offer a complete skills basketball training camp for players of all ability levels, ages 5-16. Improve your child's skills and confidence with top-notch instruction, innovative skills stations, challenging competitions, daily scrimmages and a whole lot of fun!
The Complete Skills Camp helps players of all abilities develop athletically, refine fundamental basketball skills and enhance their skill set at the post, wing or guard position.
- Daily emphasis placed on fundamental development, team play and basketball IQ
- Discussion of nutritional goals and off-court activities to benefit on-court game
- Receive a Nike Basketball Camp t-shirt and other prizes!
- View More Details ⟩
Camp Director Michael Kerr
Michael Kerr has been around basketball his entire life. The son of a coach, Kerr played in high school and college and was involved in coaching at various collegiate levels for 19 years. As an assistant at the Division 2 level, his teams played in the NCAA Tournament on numerous occasions. As a head coach, Kerr guided one team to a #2 national ranking. After wrapping up his coaching career, Coach Kerr has stayed involved with basketball by broadcasting college games and with coaching Nike Basketball Camps.
Staff Ultimate Champions Basketball Academy
With over 15 years of training and coaching experience that covers all age groups and skills levels, Ultimate Champions has become one of the nation's premier basketball training academies.View Ultimate Champions Basketball Academy's Bio ⟩
Ultimate Champions Basketball Academy was founded by National Nike Sports Camp Director Terrence Jones. Headquartered in San Antonio, TX, Ultimate Champions hosts Nike Basketball Camps over spring, summer, and winter break throughout Texas, New York City and most recently, Baton Rouge. Their vision is to help players enhance skill development, athleticism, explosiveness, and overall game through positive and challenging instruction.
AUGUST 6-9, 2018
Check-in: Monday at 8:30AM
Closing Ceremony: Thursday at 4:15PM
Meals: Lunch is not provided. Please bring a packed lunch.
Daily Hours: MON-THURS 9AM-4:30PM
ULTIMATE CHAMPIONS PHILOSOPHY
In order to be successful there has to be a strong foundation. If a builder is building a house, he must have a strong foundation in order for the house to stand properly over time. Well, the same is for basketball. There must be a strong foundation in fundamentals for continuous individual improvement. In addition to an emphasis on skill development, camp will also aim to improve each players athleticism and explosiveness.
Upon arrival, all participants are evaluated by the staff so that their own instructional needs can be addressed throughout the week. In addition, campers will be evaluated and then split up into smaller groups according to age and ability. Parents are invited to attend the closing ceremony! Departure immediately following.
Transportation is not provided by the camp to or from any airports. If you are flying to or from camp, we recommend using an airport shuttle service. Please schedule flights as close as you can to the check-in times on the first day and check-out times on the last day.
A detailed camper registration packet containing check in location, health/release forms, emergency contact numbers, and a checklist of things to bring will be emailed to all registered campers in the Spring. The US Sports Camps health and release forms do not require a doctor's signature and they will be collected on the first day of camp.
We cannot offer scholarships due to NCAA regulations. Our affiliation with NCAA coaches and schools puts us in a position where any scholarship money can be seen as an inducement to a future collegiate athlete. This puts our coaches and our host universities in jeopardy of damaging their status with the NCAA and incurring penalties at the hands of their organizing body.
If five or more campers register together, each camper is eligible for a $20 discount. If 10 or more campers register together, each camper is eligible for a $40 discount. Teams can register online or via mail/fax.
- To register your team online: Please have a team contact reach out directly to the USSC office at 1-800-645-3226 to receive a discount code to identify your group. Campers may then register individually through the website at their convenience and apply the coupon code during check-out.
- To register your team via mail/fax: Click "Get Brochure" above and print the application. All applications must be received at the same time via mail or fax. If all members of your group pay with a Visa or MasterCard, feel free to fax your applications to 415-479-6061 to expedite processing.
*Please note, this information is subject to change.
Sample Daily Schedule
- 9:00 AM Stretching
- 9:15 AM Ball-Handling
- 9:45 AM One on One Moves
- 10:30 AM Defensive Work (stance, movement, communication, desire)
- 11:00 AM Shooting Work (foot alignment, shoulder alignment, balance, selection, technique)
- 11:30 AM 3 on 3, 4 on 4, 5 on 5
- 12:00 PM Lunch
- 1:15 PM Stretching/Warm-Up
- 1:30 PM Ball-Handling
- 2:00 PM Passing
- 2:30 PM Guest Speaker/lecture
- 3:00 PM Offensive & Defensive Fundamentals
- 3:20 PM Shooting Skills Competition
- 3:45 PM 3 on 3, 4 on 4, 5 on 5
- 4:25 PM Ending Speech and Recognition
- 4:30 PM Dismissal
Camp ReviewsSubmit a review
Great coaches. Great kids. Good value for the money
July 29, 2017: Great gym. Great coaches. Great kids. Good value for the money. Lots of basketball. The hours were great.
— Max F. Parent
July 29, 2017: Wonderful camp, well-planned out. My daughter had a great time and the coaches were fantastic with the kids.
— Karly K. Parent
July 28, 2017: Camp improved my skills. I came back each day exhausted and with a smile on my face. Nicely done!
— Caden R. Camper