Bill Pilat’s The Goalie School in Pennsylvania For Boys
The Best Goalie Camp in the country!
The Goalie School is coming to Pennsylvania! Goalies from all over the Mid-Atlantic can now easily attend the biggest and best Goalie camp in the country! Eastern University's beautiful main campus, will be the home of The Goalie School this summer, which sits on 114 acres just west of Philadelphia, in St. Davids, PA.
Turf and grass fields await our campers in Pennsylvania. Campers can easily drive to the PA camp from Philadelphia, Baltimore, New Jersey, and many other Mid-Atlantic locations. For the past 8 years, Bill Pilat’s The Goalie School was filled by June! 100 Goalies signed up and experienced first-hand why this camp is easily the biggest and best goalie camp in the country!!
- Great instructional staff to work with all goalies
- 4 to 1 Camper to Staff ratio; the best ratio in lacrosse camps
- Programs with a strength and agility coach
- Fun and exciting goalie games
- Coaches talks and demonstrations
- View More Details ⟩
Camp Director Bill Pilat
Entering his 31st season at the helm of the Roanoke College program, Bill Pilat has 341 career wins and his 70% win percentage is also the best in the history of the ODAC.View Bill Pilat's Bio & Lacrosse Tips ⟩
The Maroons are currently in the midst of 19 consecutive winning seasons, including a school record 13 consecutive with 10 or more wins.
When the Maroons punched their ticket to the NCAA Division III Tournament last season, the Maroons became the 13th team to do so under Pilat’s guidance.
In 2015, Pilat earned his 300th career win, becoming the 15th men's lacrosse coach in all of NCAA Divisions I, II or III to accomplish that milestone. During his tenure as coach, Pilat has led the team to 11 ODAC Championships and now 16 NCAA Tournament appearances after appearing in the NCAA Tournament yet again in the 2015 season. The Maroons finished the season with its program record-setting seventh consecutive 10-win season.
Pilat has been named the ODAC Coach of the Year in a vote of his league peers, the most of any ODAC coach. He has claimed nine Old Dominion Athletic Conference Championships, the latest coming in 2013.
Pilat is an integral part of Roanoke’s lacrosse excellence both as a player and a coach. As a player, Pilat was a three-time All-American, two-time ODAC Player of the Year, and the 1985 Roanoke Male Athlete of the Year. Also in 1985, Pilat received the C. Markland Kelly Award and the Hero’s Award as the nation’s top goaltender. With 710 collegiate saves, he has 29 more stops than any other keeper in school history. In addition to leading the program in career saves, Pilat has also coached six of the nine other players ranked in the top 10 all-time saves list at the school. Three of those goalies have earned All-American status.
In addition to coaching and recruiting, Pilat has been very active in the lacrosse community. A former member of the Division III Advisory and All-American committees, he has served as the president of both the ODAC and Division III Coaches associations. He has been the chairman of the United States Intercollegiate Lacrosse Association’s Century Club and was a member of the U.S. World Lacrosse Team player selection committee. Pilat is also one of the nation’s most recognizable summer camp directors, running several camps in Virginia, Florida, Connecticut, Ohio, and New York. The Bill Pilat Goalie School is regarded as the nation’s best camp for goalies. Pilat’s latest venture is a new goalie video aimed at improving the skills and fundamentals of both novice and advanced keepers.
Pilat graduated cum laude from Roanoke in 1985 and earned a master’s degree from Alfred University in education in 1986. While at Alfred, he served as a graduate assistant with the Saxons’ lacrosse program. Pilat spent the 1987 season as a member of the Washington & Lee University staff, helping the Generals to a national semifinal appearance, before returning to Roanoke as an assistant in 1988.
He currently resides in Roanoke with his wife, Diana, also a 1985 Roanoke graduate. Their two children are Will and Emily. Will was a multiple time All-American at Roanoke, graduating in 2016 and won the 2018 National Championship as an assistant coach at Wesleyan.
Lacrosse Tips by Bill Pilat:
- The Goalie School Tip: Keep Your Head Up!
- The Goalie School Tip: Restarting the Action with Proper Outlet Passes
- Nike Lacrosse Tip: Transition Drill
- The Goalie School Tip: Stay Still To Make More Saves
- The Goalie School Tip: Do Goalies need to work on their “Weak” Hand when clearing?
- Goalie Lacrosse Recruiting Tips with Bill Pilat
SECURE YOUR SPOT!
You can expect a high demand on these first-come-first-serve camper spots, so please be sure to register early. This summer, The Goalie School is offering one session of overnight with commuter options available at Eastern University. Come see why this goalie camp is filled before any other goalie camp in the country.
- Dates: July 24-26
- Age Group: 10-18
- Gender: Boys
- Camp Type: Day Camp
- Schedule: Wednesday 10:00am-3:30pm, Thursday 9:00am-3:30pm & Friday 9:00am-3:30pm
- Check-in: Check-in Wednesday between 10:00am-11:00am at TBA.
- Lunch: Lunch is provided each day. All campers should bring a filled water bottle each day.
- Program: The Goalie School programs carefully selected staff offer 3 day programs of intense instruction and drills to improve performance of the goaltender. This Camp gives campers a chance to work individually with some of the best Goalie Coaches in the country for three intense days. This Goalie School program includes special one on one instruction and evaluation, programs with a strength and agility coach, fun and exciting goalie games, coaches talks and demonstrations and a great instructional staff to work with all goalies.
1300 Eagle Rd
St. Davids, PA 19087
Click Here for Directions
Wednesday, July 24th
- Check-in: between 10:00am-11:00am at TBA.
Friday, July 26th
- Check-out: There will be a brief closing ceremony on Friday at 3:30pm. Departure is 3:40pm.
Lunch is provided each day. All campers should bring a filled water bottle each day.
WHAT'S INCLUDED IN THE FEE?
- Instruction: Morning and afternoon training sessions
- Supervision: Campers are supervised by staff during camp hours.
- Reversible Jersey & Prizes: Campers at multi-day camps will receive a TGS Lacrosse Camps Reversible Jersey and prizes.
INSTRUCTION, EQUIPMENT & FACILITY
- Ratio: 1:10 staff-to-camper ratio
- Groupings: Campers are grouped by age, ability, and experience.
- Equipment Needed: Please bring your cleats, protective goggles & mouthpiece, lacrosse stick(s), helmet and pads (Goalies)
- Facility: Athletic fields
- Medical Protocol: Most camps have an athletic trainer on-site to help with illness or injury. In case of an emergency, campers will be transported to the nearest hospital.
We will have a special "Goalie School Store" at camp. Official TGS clothing and hats along with stringing components and training devices will be available. Pizza will be available for purchase in the evening for a snack. Cash Only.
Check twice and don't forget any gear or pads! Please have the following with you at a camp:
- Goalie chest protector
- Throat guard – make sure it is attached to helmet
Campers NEED TO BRING their cell phone because we will film each camper using their own phone! This way, they have a video of themselves to bring home and keep to use right away! Make sure phone has enough storage for a 7 minute video to be added. If camper does not have a cell phone it is not a problem, our staff will film the goalies and email it to them.
PREPARE FOR CAMP: COMPLETE YOUR PRE-CAMP CHECKLIST
To view your customer account, complete your mandatory forms, pay balance dues, and review important camp information, visit Pre-Camp Checklist. All necessary camp information is on this page. If there are any imperative changes prior to camp start, registered campers will be notified via email and this webpage will be updated!
CHECKLIST OF THINGS TO BRING
Below is a suggested list of clothes, equipment, and personal items. US Sports Camps is NOT responsible for lost or stolen articles or money.
- Athletic Socks
- Helmet and Mouthpiece
- Lacrosse Stick, Gloves, Pads
- Water bottle
- Hat or Visor
- Signed Heath & Release forms and waivers (forms completed online do not need to be printed and turned in at camp)
Transportation is not provided. Campers are responsible for getting to and from camp on their own. There is no supervision before or after camp hours so please make arrangements to pick up your child on time.
For information regarding our cancellation policy and all other company policies, please visit USSC Policies.
NIKE LACROSSE CAMP FAQ
For general questions about our lacrosse camps please see our FAQ page.Show Less See More Camp Details
DAY CAMP AMENITIES
• Reversible Nike practice jersey
Some local hotel options listed below:
- Best Western: King of Prussia: 127 S Gulph RD, King of Prussia, PA 19406 - (610) 265-4500
- Courtyard Marriott: Valley Forge: 1100 Drummers Ln, Wayne, PA 19087 - (610) 687-6700
COACH PILAT'S INSTRUCTIONAL VIDEOS:
Coach Pilat has produced two videos for goalies. Purchase Advanced Techniques (2015) and Basic Techniques (2001)!
THE BALL STOPS HERE COMBO PACKAGE: Players of all ages can learn from over 90 minutes (combined) of concentrated instruction on both videos and Coach Pilat recommends both videos to any goalie. Order yours today! Price $55
BASIC TECHNIQUES - THE BALL STOPS HERE I: Was produced in 2001 and is still a valuable resource to learn the basics of goaltending as well as a few new tricks. Content Includes - Basic Proper Goalie Warmup, Basics of Stance, Stopping Screened Shots, Stick Skills and Basic Clearing, Stopping One-On-One Shots, Basic Proper Technique for stopping all shots, Unique drills, Goalie Arc Play, Pipe Play, Field Communication.
ADVANCED TECHNIQUES - THE BALL STOPS HERE II: Advanced Techniques is designed for goalies and coaches who are ready to move to the next level. Content Includes - TGS Method (Advanced Goalie Routine), Advanced Warmup, Advanced Drills, Mental Strategies, Scouting Opponents (watching film), Advanced Clearing Concepts, Weight Training for Goalies, Stick Repair and Stringing.
Campers have the opportunity to pre-order an TGS Nike t-shirt or hat in the camp registration process through July 1, 2021. You will receive items purchased on the first day at camp check-in.
- TGS Nike T-Shirt - Price $35
- T-Shirt Sizes Available in Adult Small, Medium, Large and X-Large
- TGS Embroidered Nike Baseball Cap - Price $35
- TGS Embroidered Bucket Hat - Price $35
Note: DVD's and apparel will be HANDED out at camp check in.
PRIVATE COACHING: A 30 minute instructional session with Coach Pilat or with a TGS Senior Coach that can add that little extra specific technique work your Goalie is looking for. Each coach will work with two goalies only during this training session (2 Goalies - 1 Coach). Goalies will get to be evaluated by the coach and also have a "goalies choice" segment where your goalie can ask the coach to observe any aspect of their play that needs attention. The session will take place outside of the regular camp instructional sessions. Training time will be given to camper at check in. There are limited sessions available at each camp and they sell out quickly! Price: $75
Sample Daily Schedule
- 7:30 AM Wake Up (overnight campers)
- 8:00 AM Breakfast in Dining Hall (overnight campers)
- 9:00 AM Goalies filmed in cage, Coaches Talk, Station work
- Noon Lunch in Dining Hall
- 1:30 PM Remaining Goalies filmed in cage, Rapid Fire, Agility work
- 2:30 PM Clearing stations, Small group Coaches Talk
- 4:00 PM Day campers depart
- 5:00 PM Dinner in Dining Hall
- 6:30 PM Goalie 10 on 10 Games!
- 8:30 PM Back to dorms
- 9:00 PM Rest time, Camp store opened, pizza orders
- 10:45 PM Lights Out!
The main campus is 114 acres just west of Philadelphia, in St. Davids, PA.
Camp Questions & Answers
What is the cancellation policy for The Goalie School?
Cancellations, for any reason, received at least five (5) days before camp start date, will result in a camp VOUCHER for all tuition fees paid, valid through the following calendar year. Your VOUCHER is transferable to any family member and may be used in the sport in which you initially registered. Cash refunds will be given only with the purchase of Cancellation Protection (see terms under the Peace of Mind Policy). Individuals who DO NOT attend their registered session (no-shows) or cancel their camp session within five (5) days of the camp start date will receive a camp VOUCHER for all tuition fees paid less a $150 cancellation fee.
July 25, 2022: My son had a fantastic time!!! As I picked him up, watching all the kids play a game with goalie sticks was brilliant!
July 16, 2022: Coaches and campers were friendly and welcoming"¦ seemed to know my child after the first day
July 23, 2023: The personalized attention- my son learned a lot and is excited to use his new skills
July 16, 2022: The highlight of the camp was doing the tennis ball drill Nd goalie wars.
July 20, 2023: My son loved the various techniques provided to improve his skills.
July 20, 2023: Specialized goalie skill, training, coaching
July 20, 2023: Great environment created by director/staff
July 20, 2023: Making friends and learning
July 20, 2023: The "skills" modules
July 20, 2023: The instruction
Our son's favorite part was scrimmaging
SECURE YOUR SPOT – CAMPS SELL OUT!
Last year over 650 Sports Camps sold out, leaving 7,000+ campers on the waitlist. Due to high demand, early registration for our first-come-first-serve camps is strongly recommended.