Nike Baseball Camp Tiger Town
Improve your game and have serious fun
at Nike Baseball Camps
At the Tigertown NIKE Camp, players get to train on a professional field while refining their skills and making new friends. At camp each facet of the game will be covered and campers will see their game be taken to the next level!
Directing this Nike Baseball Camp at Tiger Town is Head Baseball Coach at Montreat College, Jason Beck.
- Professional instruction from college coaches and college-aged instructors
- Low camper to staff ratio
- Multi-level ability grouping
- Discussion topics: preparing for college baseball and personal goal setting
- Daily emphasis on fundamental development, team play and more
- Official Nike Camp T-Shirt and prizes!
- Nike Baseball Camp Graduation Certificate
- View More Details ⟩
Camp Director Jason Beck
Jason Beck joined Montreat’s athletics staff as the head baseball coach in June 2016 after leading the Southeastern University Fire for 12 seasons. Previous to Southeastern, Beck began his head coaching career with the Nyack College Warriors where he coached for six years.View Jason Beck's Bio ⟩
"I'm really appreciative of the process we went through to search and select our next head baseball coach," said Athletic Director Jose Larios. "We had some really gifted candidates, though Coach Beck's head coaching longevity, academic emphasis, Christian leadership, and success on the diamond really set him apart."
Coach Beck took over a baseball program that previously finished 15-38, and within two years took the program to the Appalachian Athletic Conference playoffs for the first time since 2009. Additionally, Beck produced Montreat’s first MLB draft pick since 2002, catcher Kevynn Arias-Liriano.
"I want to thank President Maurer and Athletic Director Larios for giving me this amazing opportunity," shared Coach Beck. "I am very excited to have the opportunity to coach at Montreat College where they truly want to put intentionality on spiritual growth as well as competing at a high athletic level. We cannot wait to get to Montreat to fully engage in the community there."
When asked about what interested him about this position, Coach Beck said this:
"I am excited for the opportunity to assist in getting the Montreat College program back to championship-level baseball. It is especially refreshing to see an administration excited about furthering the kingdom and showing everyone that you can be a Christ follower and a top student athlete. It's encouraging to see an athletic department that works together and cares not just about wins and losses but also building character and high quality members of the Kingdom."
Coach Beck has accumulated over 660 wins since 1999 in the NCCAA, NAIA and NCAA D-II. With seven of his seasons boasting 40+ wins, he has amassed an average of 34 wins each year for his career. Beck's teams earned a right to play in the NAIA national tournament in both the 2014 and 2015 seasons, while being ranked in the NAIA's top-20 for his last three seasons at Southeastern, climbing as high as 15th.
Additionally, Coach Beck has witnessed 14 of his players go on to sign MLB contracts, most notably is Dee Gordon's role with the Miami Marlins. Chris Mattison, Coach Beck’s NAIA honorable mention All-American, was drafted in the 16th round by the San Diego Padres. 20 other players have gone on to sign other free agent, independent league contracts.
Academically, Coach Beck's teams have recently boasted a 3.1 GPA.
"I'm appreciative for Coach Beck's correlation with success as it pertains to the classroom and on the field. He recognizes the importance of our players being an ambassador in the classroom and in the community," added Larios. "His athletic success is notable, and very impressive, though his expectation is for his student athletes to be well-rounded contributors to our community."
Coach Beck and his wife Deb reside in Black Mountain with their two children, Gavin and Kelsey.
This camp is for baseball players of all abilities ages 8-17. Instruction will focus primarily on hitting, specific position fielding, base-running, and game situations. In addition, pitchers will have the opportunity to work with pitching instructors. Overnight, extended, and day options are available. See "More Camp Details" for further information.
2018 Camp Dates
- June 24-28 (Sunday-Thursday)
Show Less See More Camp Details
Please note: The following information may be subject to change.
2018 SESSION SCHEDULE
CAMP DATES: JUNE 24-28 (SUN-thurs)
- Check-in: 1:30-2:00 p.m. on Sunday for all campers. See registration packet for specific location.
- Check-out: Graduation takes place at 11:30 a.m. on Wednesday. Parents are invited to attend. Check out will take place immediately after.
- Day Camper Schedule: Sunday: 1:30-9:00 p.m., Monday-Wednesday: 8:30-3:00 p.m., Thursday: 8:30-12:00 p.m.
- Extended Day Camper Schedule: Sunday: 1:30-9:00 p.m., Monday-Wednesday: 8:30-9:00 p.m., Wednesday: 8:30-12:00 p.m.
What's included in the fee?
- Daily baseball instruction
- Overnight campers: Dormitory housing on campus and all meals are provided.
- Extended Day campers: Lunch and dinner are provided.
- Day campers: Lunch will be provided.
- Supervision: Staff members reside in rooms strategically placed throughout the dorm to provide optimal supervision, and participate in all activities.
- Camp T-shirt & Nike Lanyard: All campers receive a Nike Softball Camp t-shirt and Nike Lanyard.
INSTRUCTION, EQUIPMENT & FACILITY
- Low camper to coach ratio
- Players Grouped by: age and ability
- Equipment Needed: Players should supply their own glove, cleats, bat and a helmet and wear baseball attire (baseball pants recommended)
- Facility: Outdoor Fields. Indoor facilities available during inclement weather conditions.
- Medical Protocol: In case of an emergency, campers will be transported to the nearest hospital.
- Dorm: See registration packet for specific on-campus dorm.
- Campers Per Room: 2 (unless otherwise noted in registration packet)
- Roommates: Rooms are assigned by age & roommate requests. Roommate requests must be received no later than 14 days before the start of camp. If you don't have a roommate request, you will be placed in a room with someone near your age. It will be a great opportunity to meet someone new!
- Linens: Not included. Bring linens or sleeping bag, pillow, pillowcase, and a towel.
- Air Conditioning: No, campers are encouraged to bring a fan.
Nike Baseball Camps does not provide transportation from airports, train stations or bus depots. If you have a child flying to camp, please arrange a shuttle or taxi service.
If you have a group of campers registering for the same camp, each camper is eligible for a discount. Please have someone contact the US Sports Camps office at 1-800-645-3226 with the names of each camper in the group and we will create a unique discount code for your group. Campers may then register individually through the website at their convenience and apply the offer code during check out. *Discount amount varies by program. Please call for details.
A detailed camper registration packet containing check in location, health/release forms, emergency contact info, and a list of things to bring will be emailed to all registered campers in the Spring. Our health and release forms may require a doctor's signature (please reference your camp packet). All required forms will be collected on the first day of camp.
Camps are open to any and all entrants, limited only by number, age, grade level and/or gender.
Sample Daily Schedule
- 7:00 a.m. Wake-up, breakfast (Overnight Campers)
- 8:45 a.m. Arrival (Extended & Day Campers), stretching
- 9:00 a.m. Individual instruction and drill work
- 11:30 a.m. Lunch, free time
- 1:00 p.m. Fundamental instruction and drills, position play
- 3:00 p.m. Day Campers Depart
- 4:30 p.m. Free time, relax, visit with friends
- 5:00 p.m. Dinner
- 6:15 p.m. Chalk talks
- 8:30 p.m. Evening activities
- 9:00 p.m. Extended Day Campers Depart
- 10:00 p.m. Lights Out!
Tiger Town is the regular season home of the Lakeland Flying Tigers, the Class A affiliate of the Detroit Tigers who have been training in Lakeland since 1934 and have been playing in Joker Marchant Stadium since 1966. In those many years Tiger Town has evolved into a complete training complex that includes the ballpark, other training fields, dorm, training facilities and team clubhouses.
Joker Marchant Stadium is located on a dynamic complex known as, "Tiger Town." Tiger Town has been the home of the Detroit Tigers since 1953. Also on-site is a three-story dormitory, which provides housing for 190 players and coaches. The building was dedicated in 1971, and named in honor of the late John Fetzer, former owner and president of the Detroit Tigers.
Recently, the building has undergone a number of renovations to improve the living quality for players and coaches. An administrative building, cafeteria, and recreation hall are also on the facility. Campers train and live at Tiger Town staying in the Tiger Town Dorms, located on site!
Camp ReviewsSubmit a review
Learned so much at camp!
July 8, 2018: Chas learned a lot at camp. Some of his favorites were hitting, catching, diving, and learning not to be afraid of the ball. It was great to hear him say, “The ball won’t hurt you!” I also observed the kids on the last day talking to each other on the field and encouraging each other, playing well as a team. Overall, I was very impressed with the camp.
— Andra B. Parent
So much fun!
July 5, 2018: He had a great experience and can’t wait to go back next year!
— Amy Parent
July 3, 2018: Great coaching staff, made friends went alone, 1st time at away camp and went very well!
— Patricia L. Parent
Had so much fun!
June 29, 2018: Enjoyed meeting new kids and batting skills. All coaches were encouraging.
— Kristin W. Parent
Loved making friends and playing ball!
June 29, 2018: The fun of playing with the older kids on the bigger field and making new friends and learning more about baseball
— Marie L. Parent
June 29, 2018: Having fun while doing the game
— Angela L. Parent
Coming back next year!
June 29, 2018: My son had the best time he learn so much and walked away with so much more confidence then when I dropped him off. Picking him up my son said he had to go back to Tigertown next year before he even left the camp
— Kelley S. Parent
July 5, 2017: Motivation, new techniques learning and great facilities
— Luis C. Parent
Making new friends
July 5, 2017: My son is very shy when it comes to making new friends. He knew nobody going into the week, but by the end he had gone out of his comfort zone and had made a couple new friends.
— Jeanice M. Parent
Really enjoyed the coaches
"Awesome Camp! Really enjoyed the coaches (Coach Beck, Coach Ricky, Coach Carlos, Coach Dallas and the others). My brother and I will be back next summer."
— Overnight Camper
We Have Three Boys And Will Definitely Be Returning!
"My child was one of the younger kids and we were SO impressed with the way the instructors encouraged them and also encouraged the older kids to show good sportsmanship toward the younger ones. The camp was WONDERFUL. We are locals but I can't imagine sending my son to any other big campus camp that would measure up to this one! We have three young boys and will definitely be returning customers!!!"
Genuine, Knowledgeable Coaches
"My coach surpassed my expectations as a coach and as a person. He is very genuine and knowledgeable about the sport of baseball."
— Overnight Camper
Better Appreciation for the Game
"They helped my son to appreciate the game of baseball on and off the field. I would highly recommend this camp to other ball players. I look forward to my son attending the camp next year with his little brother."
Overall Individual Attention
"I was impressed that the coaches worked with us individually. At other camps it was almost always as a group. They covered everything about baseball and even introduced me to some new strength training exercises. I enjoyed the camp very much."
— Overnight Camper
NIKE Baseball Camp is Awesome
"I really loved this camp. It was awesome. I made friends, had lots of fun, and learned so much. My high school coach tells me that my game has improved tremendously. Thank you all so much."
— Day Camper
Very good my son enjoyed, learned and created new experience that develop socially, thanks very much to coach and camp director
— Jose N.
Camp Dates & Prices
This program has concluded for the season.
Please Join our email list to be notified when this program is available for registration.