Nike Cross Country Camp Malibu
Run Hard | Run Smart | Run To Win
SECURE YOUR SPOT!
The Nike Cross Country Camp Malibu is more than just a running camp, it offers the perfect mindset for training, racing, and succeeding in life.
Housed on the beautiful Pepperdine University campus and on its surrounding running trails, open to all high school runners aged 13-17 (including rising 9th graders).
- Pepperdine University coaching staff and student athletes
- Informative Break Out Sessions and Guest Speakers
- Training Tips, Supplemental Training, Injury Prevention Techniques
- Sport Specific Strength and Mobility Sessions
- Open to all High School XC runners (13-18yrs)
- Nike Running Camp T-shirt
- View More Details ⟩
Director Lauren Floris
Coach Floris returned to Pepperdine in 2021 as the Waves' head coach for Cross Country and Track & Field. “My time as a student-athlete at Pepperdine was incredibly influential in my life and I’m so thankful to have the opportunity to return to Malibu in this capacity,” said Floris at the time of her hiring in May 2021. “It is truly a dream come true.”View Lauren's Bio ⟩
Coach Floris is one of the top distance runners in Pepperdine cross country and track history, returning to Malibu as the Waves’ head coach in 2021.
While competing for Pepperdine, Floris set five school records for the Waves between 2008-12, as well as earning All-WCC honors in Cross Country, placing fifth at the 2010 WCC Championships. Floris was also a three-time West Coast Conference All-Academic first team honoree, a four-time WCC Commissioner’s Honor Roll recipient, and was a Pepperdine Scholar-Athlete.
In 2018, Floris founded Up + Running, which coaches distance runners online and produces a podcast about the latest news in distance running. She began competing in marathons in 2013, which culminated with a spot in the 2020 U.S. Olympic Trials.
Coach Floris graduated from Pepperdine in 2012 with a degree in accounting, and later earned a master’s degree in kinesiology from California Baptist in 2017. Coach Floris has Level 1 coaching certification from USA Track & Field, as well as served as head cross country coach and assistant track coach at Orange Lutheran High School (2015-16), and assistant coach at California Baptist University from 2016-19.
Associate Director VICTOR PATAKY
Coach Pataky joined Pepperdine in August 2021 as the men’s and women’s assistant cross country and track and field coach.In his current role, Pataky is the lead recruiter for both programs, and will assist in all facets of training for both teams. He holds a USATF Level 1 Coaching Certification as well as a Jumping Event Specialist Certification from the USTFCCCA.View 's Bio ⟩
Previously, Pataky served as the assistant coach and recruiting coordinator for both track and cross country programs at Millsaps College in Jackson, MS. Pataky helped to bring in the largest recruiting class in school history.
Prior to joining the Majors, Pataky competed for and trained with the Asics GTC-Elite Olympic Development group in Greenville, S.C., from 2018-20. While in Greenville, Pataky served as the director and coach of the Greenville Track Club Rabbits Youth Program.
He also was an assistant track & field coach at Webster University in St. Louis, Mo., in 2017-18. There, he was part of a coaching staff that received the SLIAC Coaching Staff of the Year honors. Pataky worked with the steeplechase athletes and developed the strength and conditioning programs for the middle distance/distance athletes. The Webster University track and field teams were women’s SLIAC team champions and men’s SLIAC team runner-ups. Athletes that were directly coached by Pataky achieved three all-conference accolades and one became an individual conference champion. Pataky also served as an Elite Athlete Recruiter for the Festival of Miles track meet while in St. Louis.
In 2016-17, Pataky completed his first year of coaching at his alma mater, Centre College. He oversaw the same duties at Centre, which helped produce three national qualifiers to the 2016 NCAA Division III Cross Country National Championships (one athlete receiving All-American honors for her sixth-place finish), and a third-place finisher in the women’s 3,000m steeplechase at the 2017 NCAA Division III National Championships.
Pataky graduated with a bachelor’s degree in behavioral neuroscience with a minor in psychology in 2016. During his running career at Centre, Pataky was an 11-time all-conference recipient in the Southern Athletic Association, six-time individual conference champion, and was the 2015 SAA Athlete of the Year in cross country and track & field.
Pataky also broke and holds five track & field school records. He also qualified for the NCAA Division III National Championships in cross country (2014 and 2015), and the NCAA Division III National Championships in track and field in 2016.
SECURE YOUR SPOT!
You can expect a high demand on these first-come-first-serve camper spots.
Located on the Southern California coast, Pepperdine University commands a majestic view of the world famous Malibu Beach and the Pacific Ocean. The summer camp combines a beautiful, safe location with a staff consisting of college coaches, college runners, and other qualified instructors.
You learn to direct your mind and body toward winning, and the results begin to show in your performance. Personal best after personal best becomes your history. Before long, you find that you have learned to use these tools to create a winning mindset that permeates each day, on and off the trails.
The Nike Cross Country Camp Malibu helps you develop as a runner while providing practical tools to help you achieve championship performances.
- Dates: 2024 Dates Coming Soon. Join Priority List!
- Age Group: 13-17 (high school/entering high school)
- Gender: Co-ed
- Camp Type: Overnight, Day
- Meals: All meals are provided at the on-campus dining facility. Day campers do NOT receive dinner.
- Check In: Sunday, 2:30pm to 3:30pm
- Check Out: Thursday, 12:00pm
- Check In: Monday-Thursday, 8:15am
- Check Out: Monday-Wednesday, 4:00pm; Thursday, 12:00pm
View the campus map here
PREPARE FOR CAMP: COMPLETE YOUR PRE-CAMP CHECKLIST
To view your customer account, complete your mandatory forms, pay balance dues, and review important camp information, visit Pre-Camp Checklist.
All necessary camp information is on this page. If there are any imperative changes prior to camp start, registered campers will be notified via email and this webpage will be updated!
- Dorm: Assigned at check in
- Campers Per Room: 2
- Roommates: Guaranteed if requested 14 days prior to camp
- Bathrooms: Shared on floor
- Linens: Not provided
- Air Conditioning: Yes
- Key Deposit: If your room key or meal card is lost or not returned on the final day of camp, you will be subject to a $50 Lost Room Key fee or a $50 Lost Meal Card fee. US Sports Camps will charge the camper credit card on file for all costs due.
- Medical Facility: An athletic trainer is on-site and a hospital is two miles from campus
Staff members reside in campers’ quarters and participate in all activities.
WHAT'S INCLUDED IN THE FEES:
- Overnight Campers: Features several instructional sessions per day, three hot meals, and lodging in University residence halls. An evening recreation program is also included.
- Day Campers: This option offers the same features as the resident camp minus lodging & breakfast/dinner (Day Campers should eat breakfast before daily check-in).
INSTRUCTION, EQUIPMENT & FACILITY
- Ratio: 1:10
- Grouped by: age, ability, current mileage, and XC experience
- Equipment needed: Campers should bring at least two pairs of broken in running shoes. Racing flats/spikes are optional. Please be sure to properly mark your equipment, so that it can be easily identified.
- Facility: Pepperdine University, local roads and trails
Transportation is not provided. Campers are responsible for getting to and from camp on their own. There is no supervision before or after camp hours so please make arrangements to pick up your child on time.
- Los Angeles International (LAX)
- Shuttle: We recommend Prime Time Shuttle. Call 1-800-Red-Vans (733-8267) or book online at www.primetimeshuttle.com
Local Accommodations in Malibu for Parents:
For parents who are traveling with their kids from out of town and need a place to stay near camp, we can recommend:
- Malibu Beach Inn - Malibu Hotel - Luxury Beach Resort | Malibu Beach Inn
- Nobu Hotel - Japanese Style Inn Malibu Hotel - Home - Nobu Hotel (nobuhotels.com)
- Sheraton Hotel Agoura Hills - Hotels & Resorts | Book your Hotel directly with Marriott Bonvoy
CHECKLIST OF THINGS TO BRING:
Below is a suggested list of clothes, equipment and personal items. US Sports Camps is NOT responsible for lost or stolen articles or money.
- Extra Athletic clothing
- 1-2 pairs of broken in running shoes/ event spikes
- Non-running shoes
- Water bottle
- Small gym bag/backpack
- Extra spending money (suggested $40)
OVERNIGHT CAMPERS ONLY:
- Athletic clothing mentioned above
- Comfortable non-running clothing
- Underwear and socks
- Personal items & medications
- Washcloth and bath towel
- Alarm clock
- Swimsuit and towel
- Pen and paper for notes during guest speakers
- Cell phone (if you have one)
- Fan (optional)
- Pillow, pillowcase, bed sheets, comforter or sleeping bag (linens are NOT provided)
- Laundry detergent
Most camps have an athletic trainer on-site to help with illness or injury. In case of an emergency, campers will be transported to the nearest hospital.
For information regarding our cancellation policy and all other company policies, please visit USSC Policies.
NIKE CROSS COUNTRY CAMP FAQ
For general questions about our Cross Country camps please see our FAQ page.
Camp Questions & Answers
Does the Health & Release Form need to be signed by a doctor?
Our Health & Release Form does not require a doctor’s signature. This form is required to be completed and submitted online by the parent (guardian) before arrival at camp.
Can I come to camp alone or do I have to be a member of a team?
We welcome individual campers and teams. If you're an overnight camper and come to camp by yourself, we place you in a dorm room with another single camper, similar in age. It's a great place to meet new friends who share your enthusiasm for the sport and to have FUN!
How many overnight campers are placed in a dorm and do you accommodate roommate requests?
When you register for the camp, you have an option to submit a roommate request. If you would like to add a roommate request after registering for a camp, please feel free to give us a call or send us an email.
We accommodate all roommate requests, made before 2 weeks before the start of camp. Campers who do not submit a roommate request will be placed in a dorm with other runners, similar age and same gender.
Are the campers supervised throughout the camp?
Yes, campers are supervised by the coaches and staff. Staff members reside in the same dorms as the overnight campers and provide supervision during instruction, dining times, activities, and in the dorm (overnight campers).
All staff members complete criminal and sex offender background checks before working the camp.
Can you accommodate special dietary needs?
Campers dine in the cafeteria which offers a variety of different meal options that are sure to accommodate most campers’ dietary needs. In the case that a camper possesses extreme dietary restrictions, please reach out to school’s Dining Services to make the proper accommodations.
How are runners placed in their running groups?
The Staff has created a formula that determines running groups. Groups are based on a combination of recent mileage, season best 5k, long runs and an evaluation run. A change in groups can be accommodated if staff members leading those groups feel it is needed.
June 19, 2022: Max had an amazing week - really liked the counselors and the location. Perfect weather for running. It was not as competitive as I'd expected but was just what he wanted! Keep kids busy enough with hiking/meetings and he loved playing beach volleyball every night. Said food was solid. All in all met great kids- ran well- and plans to go back
July 28, 2023: Jaden had a great time making new friends and learning skills to improve his cross country running times.
July 30, 2023: running in pretty places and meeting friends
Best camp ever!
Individualized coaching; learning about being a student-athlete
— Parent of Attendee from This Camp in 2022
SECURE YOUR SPOT – CAMPS SELL OUT!
Last year over 650 Sports Camps sold out, leaving 7,000+ campers on the waitlist. Due to high demand, early registration for our first-come-first-serve camps is strongly recommended.