Nike Advanced Golf Camps, Ko Olina Golf Club
Improve your game and have serious fun at
Nike Junior Golf Camps
Join Class "A" PGA Professional, Sean Lanyi, at the beautiful Ko Olina Golf Club in Kapolei, Hawaii this summer! This five-day advanced camp is an exciting opportunity for competitive junior golfers to train at an amazing destination golf course.
All campers will have 6 hours of golf instruction daily. Meals and waters will be provided for all campers during the duration of camp.
Hosted at the breathtaking Ko Olina Golf Club, campers will improve their skills in an exciting, fun-filled environment. The advanced camp will run from 9:00am - 4:00pm. This program is extremely focused on advanced techniques aimed to improve their overall score, course knowledge, and mental toughness. This camp is open to competitive golfers ages 12-18. Lunch will be included in the camp price.
- On-course Implementation and 9 & 18 Hole Daily Competitions
- Daily Private Coaching Sessions with Boditrak Pressure Technologies, HackMotion Golf, Blast Golf and Foresight Sports Launch Technologies building a Junior Golf BluePrint
- Campers will learn the Complete Version of the AimPoint Express Green Reading System
- Complete Short Game Challenges to acquire a Short Game Handicap at the start/end of the camp
- Campers will have SAM Puttlab Putting Analysis Sessions at the start/end of the camp
- Daily feedback into their Student Locker to document the changes and improvements to their game
- Camper amenity package including a Nike hat, drawstring bag, one dozen SRIXON golf balls, camp workbook and graduation certificate
- View More Details ⟩
Camp Director Sean Lanyi
Sean Lanyi will serve as the camp director for our Nike Junior Golf Camps at Langdon Farms Golf Club, and Ko Olina Golf Club. Sean has been recognized by his peers as a U.S. Kids Golf Master Kids Teacher, Golf Digest Best Young Teacher in 2018 & Golf Digest Best Teacher in the State in 2019.View Sean's Bio ⟩
After graduating High School in Southern California, Sean pursued the golf business by attending the Professional Golfers Career College earning a degree in Professional Golf Management in 2000. Lanyi, became a PGA Class A Member in 2005. He began working in the industry as an Assistant Golf Professional at Oak Creek Golf Club in Irvine, California where Lanyi established a passion to grow the game of golf getting involved with the Golf Channels Drive, Chip and Putt. A few years later Sean began working at Black Gold Golf Club in Yorba Linda, California as the 1st Assistant Golf Professional and Tournament Coordinator where he began to establish himself as a teacher. After winning his first professional golf tournament on the Butch Harmon Tour, Lanyi returned home to prepare for his next event and began developing severe pain in his right arm. After seeing some of the finest surgeons in California it was determined that he needed reconstructive elbow surgery to repair nerve and tendon issues. Lanyi spent twelve months away from playing, working daily with a trainer and physical therapist to rebuild the strength which led to Sean's diligent training habits and work ethic away from the golf course.
Sean pursued teaching golf full time and accepted a position at the Kaanapali Resort which led to a career changing opportunity joining the Instruction Staff at the Kapalua Golf Academy, host of the PGA Tour Sentry Tournament of Champions on the Island of Maui. Sean mentored under the guidance of Jerry King a Golf Digest Top 100 Teacher. After a few years on the island of Maui, Sean accepted the position as the PGA Director of Instruction at Ko Olina Golf Club on the island of Oahu. This opportunity allowed him to create and build a full service golf academy and what turned out to be one of the most popular junior golf programs in Hawaii Sean spent over 2 years at Ko Olina, before heading to Las Vegas, where he took on the role as Head Instructor for the PGA TOUR Academy at TPC Las Vegas. This position exposed Sean to the best players in the world; seeing the PGA Tour players practice regiments and work ethic on a daily basis. Lanyi then joined the Jack Nicklaus Academy of Golf at DragonRidge Country Club, mentored and trained under the guidance of Mike Malaska, PGA Teacher of the Year in 2011 and Golf Digest Top 100 Teacher. Sean took the knowledge and wisdom and moved back to Southern California a few years later to create his own golf instruction business.
These programs are co-ed and designed for advanced golfers, ages 12-18. The staff is on hand to provide campers with top-quality instruction each day. At Nike Advanced Golf Camps we aim to provide an experience for tournament-level golfers who compete or are looking to take their game to the next level. It’s this diversified approach to learning that provides kids with not only the skills to play better golf, but the tools to take charge of their lives physically and emotionally as well. Upon arrival, all participants are evaluated by the staff so that their own instructional needs can be addressed throughout the week.
SECURE YOUR SPOT!
You can expect high demand on these first-come-first-serve camper spots, so please be sure to register early.
- Dates: 2024 Camp Dates Coming Soon
- Age Group: 12-18
- Gender: Co-ed
- Camp Type: Advanced Camps Available
- Advanced Camp: 9:00am-4:00pm, Monday-Friday
- Check-In: 15 minutes prior to camp start time.
- Lunch: Meals and waters will be provided for all campers during the duration of camp.
- Program: The Advanced Camp is designed for a high-school, tournament-level golfer looking for a competitive experience. All aspects of the game are addressed and there is a strong emphasis on tournament preparation, course management, mental toughness and scoring improvement. This camp is open to competitive golfers ages 12-18. Meals are included in the camp price.
Please note: Camp schedules and details may be subject to change.
WHAT'S INCLUDED IN THE FEE?
- Instruction: Morning instruction and afternoon course play
- Lunch: Meals and waters will be provided for all campers during the duration of camp.
- Supervision: Campers are supervised by staff during camp hours.
- Camper Amenity Package: Campers will receive an amenity package including a Nike hat, drawstring bag, SRIXON golf balls, camp workbook, and graduation certificate.
INSTRUCTION, EQUIPMENT & FACILITY
- Ratio: 1:6 staff-to-camper ratio.
- Groupings: Campers are grouped by age, ability, and experience.
- Equipment Needed: Players should supply their own golf clubs, glove, golf balls, and tees.
- Facility: Ko Olina Golf Club
- Lodging: Lodging is not included in the camp price. Out-of-town families are encouraged to book lodging at Ko Olina Resort.
- Medical Protocol: Camp will have on-site staff to help with illness or injury. In case of an emergency, campers will be transported to the nearest hospital.
PREPARE FOR CAMP: COMPLETE YOUR PRE-CAMP CHECKLIST
To view your customer account, complete your mandatory forms, pay balance dues, and review important camp information, visit Pre-Camp Checklist. All necessary camp information is on this page. If there are any imperative changes prior to camp start, registered campers will be notified via email and this webpage will be updated!
CHECKLIST OF THINGS TO BRING
Below is a suggested list of clothes, equipment, and personal items. US Sports Camps is NOT responsible for lost or stolen articles or money.
- Athletic clothing (t-shirts, shorts)
- Golf clubs
- Golf Balls/tees/glove
- Golf shoes or tennis/athletic shoes
- Collared shirt (recommended)
- Water bottle*
- Hat/visor (Campers receive Nike hat with amenity package)
- Snacks (optional)
- COVID PPE (as required by state/local guidelines)
- Signed Health & Release forms and waivers (forms completed online do not need to be printed and turned in at camp)
Transportation is not provided. Campers are responsible for getting to and from camp on their own. There is no supervision before or after camp hours so please make arrangements to pick up your child on time.
For information regarding our cancellation policy and all other company policies, please visit USSC Policies.
NIKE JUNIOR GOLF CAMP FAQ
For general questions about our golf camps please see our FAQ page.Show Less See More Camp Details
Please note: Camp schedules may be subject to change.
Advanced Camp Sample Schedule
- 9:00am Check in
- 9:15am Introductions, and briefing on outline for the day
- 9:30am Rotating station work for each aspect on the game
- 12:00pm Lunch
- 12:45pm Campers warm up for their afternoon round
- 1:00pm Afternoon tee time, course play with camp staff
- 4:00pm Campers depart following golf and closing remarks
Ko Olina Golf Club
One of Golf Digest's "Top 75 Resort Courses in the U.S.," is a challenging 18-hole course built in 1990 by renowned golf course architect Ted Robinson. Typical of his designs, Ko Olina Golf Club features exceptional water features, multi-tiered greens, large landing areas, and a moderate length which makes it perfect for beginners and experts alike.
June 24, 2023: Seeing our son with a smile on his face at the end of the day, excited about his golf game.
June 27, 2023: Quality golf course.
Impressed by the Coach!
SECURE YOUR SPOT – CAMPS SELL OUT!
Last year over 650 Sports Camps sold out, leaving 7,000+ campers on the waitlist. Due to high demand, early registration for our first-come-first-serve camps is strongly recommended.