Nike Junior Golf Camps, Langdon Farms Golf Club
Improve your game and have serious fun at
Nike Junior Golf Camps
Nike Junior Golf Camps is proud to return to Langdon Farms Golf Club in Aurora, Oregon for another great summer! Join Camp Director, Sean Lanyi, and the dedicated staff of professionals for an unforgettable week of golf camp!
HALF DAY CAMP
This program offers campers of all abilities the opportunity to work on and improve every part of their game. Half day campers receive three hours of instruction with emphasis on putting, chipping, bunker play and full swing. From beginning players to advanced, these are great camps for anyone who wants to improve. Half Day Camp runs from 9:00am - 12:00pm daily and is open to golfers ages 6 - 13.
If you are interested in the advanced camp, please visit Nike Advanced Golf Camps, Langdon Farms Golf Club.
- Instruction with low student-to-teacher ratio from experienced PGA professionals
- Morning instruction covering putting, chipping, pitching and full swing
- Camper amenity package including a Nike hat, drawstring bag, SRIXON golf balls, camp workbook, and graduation certificate
- A healthy and positive learning environment designed to help every camper get better
- Skills games and competitions for prizes (when available)
- View More Details ⟩
Camp Director Sean Lanyi
Sean Lanyi will serve as the camp director for our Nike Junior Golf Camps at Langdon Farms Golf Club, and Ko Olina Golf Club. Sean has been recognized by his peers as a U.S. Kids Golf Master Kids Teacher, Golf Digest Best Young Teacher in 2018 & Golf Digest Best Teacher in the State in 2019.View Sean's Bio ⟩
After graduating High School in Southern California, Sean pursued the golf business by attending the Professional Golfers Career College earning a degree in Professional Golf Management in 2000. Lanyi, became a PGA Class A Member in 2005. He began working in the industry as an Assistant Golf Professional at Oak Creek Golf Club in Irvine, California where Lanyi established a passion to grow the game of golf getting involved with the Golf Channels Drive, Chip and Putt. A few years later Sean began working at Black Gold Golf Club in Yorba Linda, California as the 1st Assistant Golf Professional and Tournament Coordinator where he began to establish himself as a teacher. After winning his first professional golf tournament on the Butch Harmon Tour, Lanyi returned home to prepare for his next event and began developing severe pain in his right arm. After seeing some of the finest surgeons in California it was determined that he needed reconstructive elbow surgery to repair nerve and tendon issues. Lanyi spent twelve months away from playing, working daily with a trainer and physical therapist to rebuild the strength which led to Sean's diligent training habits and work ethic away from the golf course.
Sean pursued teaching golf full time and accepted a position at the Kaanapali Resort which led to a career changing opportunity joining the Instruction Staff at the Kapalua Golf Academy, host of the PGA Tour Sentry Tournament of Champions on the Island of Maui. Sean mentored under the guidance of Jerry King a Golf Digest Top 100 Teacher. After a few years on the island of Maui, Sean accepted the position as the PGA Director of Instruction at Ko Olina Golf Club on the island of Oahu. This opportunity allowed him to create and build a full service golf academy and what turned out to be one of the most popular junior golf programs in Hawaii Sean spent over 2 years at Ko Olina, before heading to Las Vegas, where he took on the role as Head Instructor for the PGA TOUR Academy at TPC Las Vegas. This position exposed Sean to the best players in the world; seeing the PGA Tour players practice regiments and work ethic on a daily basis. Lanyi then joined the Jack Nicklaus Academy of Golf at DragonRidge Country Club, mentored and trained under the guidance of Mike Malaska, PGA Teacher of the Year in 2011 and Golf Digest Top 100 Teacher. Sean took the knowledge and wisdom and moved back to Southern California a few years later to create his own golf instruction business.
This program is designed for boys and girls between the ages of 6 and 13. The staff is on hand to provide campers with top quality instruction each day. At Nike Junior Golf Camps we accommodate all skill levels; the junior player just discovering the game, the high school player trying to move up on the team, and the tournament level junior looking to improve his or her tournament results. Upon arrival, all participants are evaluated by the staff so that their own instructional needs can be addressed throughout the week.
SECURE YOUR SPOT!
You can expect high demand on these first-come-first-serve camper spots, so please be sure to register early.
- Dates: 2024 Camp Dates Coming Soon
- Half Day Camps: 2024 Camp Dates Coming Soon
- Age Group: 6-13
- Gender: Co-ed
- Camp Type: Half Day Camps Available
- Half Day: 9:00am-12:00pm, Tuesday-Friday
- Check-In: 15 minutes prior to camp start time.
- Lunch: Lunch is not included in the price of camp.
- Program: The All Abilities program is designed to improve the fundamental skills needed for golf; putting, chipping/pitching, full-swing and course etiquette. Upon arrival, all participants will be evaluated by the instructors and placed into groups based on age and ability level.
Please note: Camp schedules and details may be subject to change.
WHAT'S INCLUDED IN THE FEE?
- Instruction: Morning instruction with focus on all aspects of the game including putting, chipping, sand play and full-swing.
- Lunch: Lunch is not included in the price of camp.
- Supervision: Campers are supervised by staff during camp hours.
- Camper Amenity Package: Campers will receive an amenity package including a Nike hat, drawstring bag, SRIXON golf balls, camp workbook, and graduation certificate.
INSTRUCTION, EQUIPMENT & FACILITY
- Ratio: 1:8 staff-to-camper ratio.
- Groupings: Campers are grouped by age, ability, and experience.
- Equipment Needed: Players should supply their own golf clubs, glove, golf balls, and tees.
- Facility: Langdon Farms Golf Club
- Medical Protocol: Camp will have on-site staff to help with illness or injury. In case of an emergency, campers will be transported to the nearest hospital.
PREPARE FOR CAMP: COMPLETE YOUR PRE-CAMP CHECKLIST
To view your customer account, complete your mandatory forms, pay balance dues, and review important camp information, visit Pre-Camp Checklist. All necessary camp information is on this page. If there are any imperative changes prior to camp start, registered campers will be notified via email and this webpage will be updated!
CHECKLIST OF THINGS TO BRING
Below is a suggested list of clothes, equipment, and personal items. US Sports Camps is NOT responsible for lost or stolen articles or money.
- Athletic clothing (t-shirts, shorts)
- Golf clubs
- Golf Balls/tees/glove
- Golf shoes or tennis/athletic shoes
- Collared shirt (recommended)
- Water bottle*
- Hat/visor (Campers receive Nike hat with amenity package)
- Snacks (optional)
- COVID PPE (as required by state/local guidelines)
- Signed Health & Release forms and waivers (forms completed online do not need to be printed and turned in at camp)
Transportation is not provided. Campers are responsible for getting to and from camp on their own. There is no supervision before or after camp hours so please make arrangements to pick up your child on time.
For information regarding our cancellation policy and all other company policies, please visit USSC Policies.
NIKE JUNIOR GOLF CAMP FAQ
For general questions about our golf camps please see our FAQ page.Show Less See More Camp Details
Please note: Camp schedules may be subject to change.
Sample Daily Schedule
- 8:50am Campers check-in at course
- 9:00am Staff demonstrations, overview of curriculum for the day
- 9:30am Group instruction - campers rotate stations working on putting, chipping, pitching, full swing
- 12:00pm Half day campers depart (lunch not included)
Langdon Farms Golf Club
Located 15 minutes south of Portland, Langdon Farms Golf Club is one of the best public courses in the area. This course was previously a working farm owned by the Langdon Family for 63 years. It hosts annually some of the most prestigious corporate and charity golf tournaments in the Portland metro area. For several years, the course hosted the local US Open qualifier where the lowest all-time score was 67, 4 under par. The 18-hole "Langdon Farm" course at the Langdon Farms Golf Club facility in Aurora, Oregon features 6,935 yards of golf from the longest tees for a par of 71. The course rating is 73.3 and it has a slope rating of 125 on Blue grass. Designed by John Fought, ASGCA/Robert E. Cupp, ASGCA, the Langdon Farm golf course opened in 1995.
My favorite part was playing basketball all day.
New Camp for 2022
This camp will be offered for the first time in the summer of 2022!
— Nike Junior Golf Camps
SECURE YOUR SPOT – CAMPS SELL OUT!
Last year over 650 Sports Camps sold out, leaving 7,000+ campers on the waitlist. Due to high demand, early registration for our first-come-first-serve camps is strongly recommended.