Nike Junior Golf Camps, Catta Verdera Country Club
Improve your game and have serious fun at
Nike Junior Golf Camps
Nike Junior Golf Camps is proud to announce the newest summer youth camps in the Sacramento area at Catta Verdera Country Club. Join Catta Verdera's staff of qualified teaching professionals for a week of top-notch instruction and fun this summer!
FULL DAY CAMPS
Our full day camps are a wonderful way for our campers to enjoy a full day of golf. Each day starts with proper warm up, followed by three hours of instruction on all facets of the game. After a short lunch break, participants head out onto the course with the staff where emphasis is placed on course management, shot selection and strategy. Full Day Camps run from 9:00am - 4:00pm each day and are suitable for low intermediate and advanced players. Lunch is included for full day campers each day.
HALF DAY CAMPS
Our Half Day camps are designed to pique the interest of potential new golfers and offer experienced golfers the instruction they need to improve. These camps give the same quality instruction our full day camps provide. Each day starts with proper warm up stretches and exercises, followed by three hours of small group instruction. Half Day Camps run from 9:00am - 12:00pm each day. Lunch is NOT included.
All camps run Tuesday - Friday.
- Instruction from recognized golf instructors with a low student-to-teacher ratio
- Fun, engaging competitions and games to improve skills learned
- Daily supervised course play with the camp staff
- Camper amenity package including a Nike hat, drawstring bag, SRIXON golf balls, camp workbook, and graduation certificate
- A healthy and positive learning environment designed to help every camper get better
- View More Details ⟩
Camp Co-Director Phil Dawson
Phil Dawson is a certified PGA Teaching Professional and serves as camp co-director for the Nike Junior Golf Camps at Catta Verdera.View Phil's Bio ⟩
- Former Touring Professional
- PGA Professional Class A
- NCPGA AA Player of the Year
- NCPGA Cup team member
- NCPGA AA Cup team member
- Collegiate Golf Sacramento State University
- Canadian PGA Tour Player
- Shot course record 60 (12 under) in competition
- Winner of over 20 professional events
- Guest Instructor Pebble Beach Golf Academy
- Guest Instructor Old Greenwood Golf Academy
- Worked with Dr Glen Albaugh noted Sports Psychologist to many PGA Tour Players
Camp Co-Director Paul Shorts
Paul Shorts is the Head Golf Professional at Catta Verdera Country Club and serves as camp co-director for the Nike Junior Golf Camps.
This program is designed for boys and girls between the ages of 7 and 16 (varies by program). Our staff is on hand to provide campers with top quality instruction each day. At Nike Junior Golf Camps we accommodate all skill levels; the junior player just discovering the game, the high school player trying to move up on the team, and the tournament level junior looking to improve his or her tournament results. Upon arrival, all participants are evaluated by the staff so that their own instructional needs can be addressed throughout the week.Show Less See More Camp Details
A detailed camper registration packet containing check in location, health/release forms, emergency contact info, and a list of things to bring will be emailed to all registered campers in the spring.
Sample Daily Schedule
- 8:50am Check-in, warm up
- 9:00am Staff demonstrations and overview of daily schedule
- 9:15am Instruction - practice on skills and fundamentals; grip, stance, posture, pitching, putting, bunker play and full swing
- 12:00pm Lunch and half day campers depart
- 1:00pm Course play with staff. On-course instruction on club selection, course management, rules and etiquette
- 4:00pm Full day campers depart
Catta Verdera Country Club
Re-discover the promise of early California at Catta Verdera Country Club. A magical setting where everyone in the family can live a little better. Catta Verdera is the only private club with all the amenities family members say they want in one location: spectacular golf, fine and casual dining, massage area, and a full calendar of social activities.
*Camps at Catta Verdera CC are open to the public.