Nike Junior Golf Camps, Smoke Rise Country Club
Improve your game and have serious fun at
Nike Junior Golf Camps
Nike Junior Golf Camps is proud to offer a new camp location outside Atlanta at Smoke Rise Country Club! Camp Director and PGA Class "A" Professional, Josh Deal, offers half day and full day camps to junior golfers of all ability levels. Register for camp and improve your skills this summer!
FULL DAY CAMPS
Full Day Camps run Tuesday through Friday, 9:00am to 4:00pm. Every morning campers practice all aspects of their games - putting, chipping, bunker play and full-swing. Morning instruction is followed by lunch and on-course instruction with the staff.
HALF DAY CAMPS
Half Day Camps run Tuesday through Friday from 9:00am to 12:00pm and include twelve hours of total range instruction. Strong emphasis is placed on the fundamentals—stance, grip, posture, full swing, rules & etiquette, etc. As the week unfolds, campers receive quality short-game instruction and by Friday, each participant will see improvement in his or her golf game.
- Instruction with low student to teacher ratio from experienced golf professionals
- Three hours of morning instruction covering putting, chipping, pitching and full swing
- Daily course play with the camp staff (full day only)
- Camper amenity package including a Nike hat, drawstring bag, one dozen SRIXON balls, camp workbook, and graduation certificate
- A healthy and positive learning environment designed to help every camper get better
- View More Details ⟩
Camp Director Josh Deal
Josh Deal, a Class "A" PGA professional, is entering his first season as PGA Head Golf Professional at Smoke Rise Country Club. Prior to joining the team, Josh was the PGA Head Golf Professional at Woodloch Springs CC in Hawley, PA.View Josh's Bio ⟩
During his career, Josh has spent time as an Assistant Golf Professional at such well-respected clubs as New Haven Country Club in CT, Grayhawk Golf Club in AZ, and The Manor Golf and Country Club in GA. Josh is a Connecticut native and a proud UCONN Alum.
Instructor Joey Faulconer
Joey Faulconer PGA is the first assistant golf professional at Smoke Rise Country Club and serves as an instructor for Nike Junior Golf Camps.View Joey's Bio ⟩
Joey graduated from Eastern Kentucky University in May of 2017, where he earned his bachelor’s in Business Marketing and Administration, with a focus on Professional Golf Management. Joey is Class “A” PGA professional. During his time in college, Joey had internships at well-respected clubs such Devils Knob Country Club in VA, Stoney Creek Club in VA, and Kearney Hills Golf Links in KY.
These programs are designed for boys and girls between the ages of 7 and 16 (varies by program). The staff is on hand to provide campers with top quality instruction each day. At Nike Junior Golf Camps we accommodate all skill levels; the junior player just discovering the game, the high school player trying to move up on the team, and the tournament level junior looking to improve his or her tournament results. Upon arrival, all participants are evaluated by the staff so that their own instructional needs can be addressed throughout the week.Show Less See More Camp Details
A detailed camper registration packet containing check in location, health/release forms, emergency contact info, and a list of things to bring will be emailed to all registered campers in the spring.
Sample Daily Schedule
- 8:45-9:00am Campers check-in at course
- 9:00-9:15am Warm-up, stretching, overview of daily schedule
- 9:15-11:30am Instruction stations - campers rotate between putting, short game and full swing stations
- 12:00pm Half day campers depart, full day campers break for lunch
- 12:45-3:45pm On-course instruction with staff (full day campers only)
- 4:00pm Full day campers depart
Smoke Rise Country Club
Designed by Gary Roger Baird, this picturesque 6,852 yard, par 72 course is a scenic delight situated in the shadow of Stone Mountain. The course is well-wooded with trickling streams that add special interest for daring golfers.