Nike Girls Lacrosse Camp at the Darlington School
NEW LOCATION IN GEORGIA!
USSC is proud to offer the Nike Girls Lacrosse Camp at the Darlington School in 2024 with Laura Maness, the Head Coach of the Kennesaw State Women’s Lacrosse. Located 90 minutes outside Atlanta, this camp offers Division I coaching and training. Campers will develop their skills, understanding of the game, and teamwork through fun drills and game scenarios. Each session is tailored for all players, focusing on improving skills, learning strategies, and enjoying friendly competition. Overnight campers are supervised in student dorms located a short walk from the fields and dining hall.
The Nike Girls Lacrosse Camp at the Darlington School is open to any and all entrants (limited only by number, age, grade level and/or gender).
- High School & Youth Camp for Girls Ages 10-18
- Superior instruction from College Coaches and Players
- 8:1 camper to instructor on field ratio
- Daily emphasis on fundamentals, position training, drills and scrimmages
- Team discounts available
- Special goalie instruction and discounts available
- Every camper receives a reversible Nike practice jersey
- Nike and STX Prizes for outstanding play, sportsmanship and improvement
- View More Details ⟩
Camp Director Laura Maness
Directing camp is Kennesaw State Head coach, Laura Maness, who enters her eighth season leading the Owls during the 2024 season. During her first seven seasons at the helm, Maness has elevated Kennesaw State women’s lacrosse to its best seven-year stretch in program history.View Laura Maness's Bio ⟩
Assistant Coach CJ Holder
Kennesaw State women's lacrosse has rounded out its coaching staff as CJ Holder will be joining the Owl program as an assistant coach. Holder comes to KSU after serving as the head coach at both Hanover College and Augustana College.View CJ Holder's Bio ⟩
Assistant Coach Laura Jordan
Laura Jordan is the newest member of the Kennesaw State women's lacrosse coaching staff, as the former Owl standout returns to the Black & Gold as an assistant coach. She comes back to Kennesaw after spending the past two seasons as the head coach for the Shorter University women's lacrosse program.View Laura Jordan's Bio ⟩
SECURE YOUR SPOT!
You can expect a high demand on these first-come-first-serve camper spots, so please be sure to register early. Lacrosse is exploding in the southeast and we hope to make a positive and continuing contribution to the evolution and maturation of the sport in this region. This year, Darlington is offering one week of overnight with an extended day (9:00am-9:30pm) camp option for ages 9-18. Our focus for this camp will be on instruction, working with our campers to improve not only their individual skills and sense of the game, but also their ability to contribute to team skills and success.
- Dates: July 8-11
- Age Group: 9-18
- Gender: Girls
- Camp Type: Overnight, Extended Day (commuter)
- Check-in: Check-in takes place between 1:00-2:00pm on Monday, July 8th at TBA. A detailed schedule for the week will be provided at that time.
- Check-out: There will be a closing ceremony at the field on Thursday, July 11th at 11:30am. Extended day campers depart from the field and overnight campers check-out from the dorm immediately following our last field session on Thursday.
- Extended Day Schedule: MON 2PM-9PM, TUE-WED 9AM-9PM, THURS 9AM-NOON **Times subject to change
- Meals: All meals are provided for Overnight campers. Lunch and dinner are provided for all Extended Day (commuter) campers.
- Program: The Skills program is designed to provide campers the fundamental skills, position specific training and in-game tactical knowledge needed to enhance your game.
1014 Cave Spring Rd SW
Rome, GA 30161
Click Here for Directions
Monday, July 8th
- Check-in takes place between 1:00-2:00pm on Monday at TBA. A detailed schedule for the week will be provided at that time.
Thursday, July 11th
- There will be a closing ceremony at the field at 11:30am. Extended day campers depart from the field and overnight campers check-out from the dorm immediately following our last field session on Thursday.
- Dorm: TBA
- Number of Campers Per Room: 2 per room
- Roommates: Rooms are assigned by age & roommate requests. Roommate requests must be mutual and received no later than 14 days before the start of camp. If you don't have a roommate request, you will be placed in a room with someone near your age. It will be a great opportunity to meet someone new!
- Bathrooms: Shared
- Linens: Not included. Bring linens or sleeping bag, pillow, pillowcase, and a towel.
- Air Conditioning: TBA
The staff reside in the dormitories with the campers and participate in all activities. Drugs, alcohol and tobacco are strictly prohibited, and constitute, along with general misconduct, grounds for dismissal from camp without a refund.
WHAT'S INCLUDED IN THE FEE?
- Instruction: Morning, afternoon, and evening training sessions
- Overnight campers: Dormitory housing on campus and all meals are provided.
- Extended Day campers: Lunch and dinner are provided.
- Supervision: Staff members reside in campers’ quarters and participate in all activities.
- Reversible Jersey & Prizes: Campers at multi-day camps will receive a Nike Lacrosse Camps Reversible Jersey and prizes.
INSTRUCTION, EQUIPMENT & FACILITY
- Ratio: 1:10 staff-to-camper ratio
- Groupings: Campers are grouped by age, ability, and experience.
- Equipment Needed: Please bring your protective goggles, mouthpiece, cleats, and lacrosse stick.
- Facility: Athletic Fields
- Medical Protocol: Most camps have an athletic trainer on-site to help with illness or injury. In case of an emergency, campers will be transported to the nearest hospital.
PREPARE FOR CAMP: COMPLETE YOUR PRE-CAMP CHECKLIST
To view your customer account, complete your mandatory forms, pay balance dues, and review important camp information, visit Pre-Camp Checklist. All necessary camp information is on this page. If there are any imperative changes prior to camp start, registered campers will be notified via email and this webpage will be updated!
Below is a suggested list of clothes, equipment, and personal items. US Sports Camps is NOT responsible for lost or stolen articles or money.
Checklist of things to bring:
- Slides or Sandals
- Athletic Socks
- Lacrosse Stick(s)
- Protective Goggles
- Goalies Must Have Full Protective Equipment
- Comfortable Off-Field Clothes
- Toiletries & Personal Items
- Water Bottle
- Extra Towels
- Alarm Clock
- Spending money (approx. $50)
- AC TBA
- Pillow & Pillowcase
- Twin XL Sheets/Blanket or Sleeping Bag
- Signed Heath & Release forms and waivers (forms completed online do not need to be printed and turned in at camp)
EXTENDED DAY CAMPERS
Checklist of Things to Bring: We recommend that all Extended Day Campers bring a daily pack with the following items: Along with your lacrosse equipment, we recommend that you bring a day pack with the following items: mask, water bottle, weather appropriate clothing, cleats, and walking shoes.
Camp Schedule & Meals:
- Monday: Extended Day Campers should arrive dressed and ready to play. You will be assigned a counselor and given a complete schedule of all events during the week. Extended Day Campers stay until 9:30pm.
- Tuesday-Wednesday: Extended Day Camper Hours – 9:00am-9:00pm. Lunch and dinner are provided.
- Thursday: Extended Day Camper Hours - 9:00am-12:00pm. Check-out is immediately after the camp concludes. Departure time may change depending on the event.
Transportation is not provided. Campers are responsible for getting to and from camp on their own. There is no supervision before or after camp hours so please make arrangements to pick up your child on time.
For information regarding our cancellation policy and all other company policies, please visit USSC Policies.
NIKE LACROSSE CAMP FAQ
For general questions about our lacrosse camps please see our FAQ page.
OVERNIGHT CAMP AMENITIES
• 3 nights lodging • All meals
• Nightly recreational activities
• Nike practice jersey
EXTENDED DAY CAMP AMENITIES
• Lunch & dinner
• Nightly recreational activities
• Nike practice jersey
• Camp hours: MON 1:30PM-9:30PM, TUE-WED 9AM-9:30PM, THURS 9AM-NOON **Times subject to change
TEAM DISCOUNT: If five or more campers register together, each camper is eligible for a $25 discount. Please have a team contact reach out directly to the USSC office at 1-800-645-3226 to receive a discount code to identify your group. Campers may then register through the website at their convenience and apply the coupon code during check-out.
GOALIE DISCOUNT: To ensure each session has enough goalies for drills and scrimmages, all goalies automatically qualify for a special $50 discount. You can call 1-800-645-3226 to receive the goalie discount over the phone or you can indicate that you are eligible for the goalie discount in the “comments” field when registering via our secure website. Goalie discount cannot be combined with any other discount.
Sample Daily Schedule
- 7:30 am Breakfast (Overnighters)
- 9:00 am Stretching and Conditioning
- 9:30 am Line Drills and Stations
- 10:30 am Position Work
- Noon Lunch and rest
- 1:30 pm 1v1, 2v2, and fastbreaks
- 3:00 pm Drill stations and scrimmaging
- 5:00 pm Dinner and supervised free time
- 6:30 pm Back to field for games
- 9:00 pm Extended Day Campers depart
- 10:00 pm Overnight Campers to rooms; Lights out!
Stretching for 500 acres, Darlington School’s campus is nestled around a small lake in the foothills of the Lookout Mountain Range in Rome, Ga., a medical center and college town located approximately one hour northwest of Atlanta and southwest of Chattanooga, Tenn. Named after the Italian city, Rome, Ga., was built on seven hills with three rivers running between them.
SECURE YOUR SPOT – CAMPS SELL OUT!
Last year over 650 Sports Camps sold out, leaving 7,000+ campers on the waitlist. Due to high demand, early registration for our first-come-first-serve camps is strongly recommended.