Nike Girls Advanced Lacrosse Camp at the Green Vale School
2024 DATES & PRICES NOW AVAILABLE!
Come join us this summer at the Nike Girls Advanced Lacrosse Camp located at the Green Vale School in Glen Head, NY.
Head Coach and Co-Director John Savage has assembled an all-star coaching staff to help train the next generation of lacrosse players. From college to PLL, our staff has experienced it all. Savage Lacrosse is the most professional and experienced lacrosse performance company on Long Island. Our staff has years of experience at the college level and a proven track record. Curriculum formulated by college coaches and professional educators with skill and drill progressions that include a part to whole design. Modified college level skills, drills, techniques, and concepts by position for half of each session, then pitting the offense vs. the defense to apply what we just learned in live drill sets for the second half. Age appropriate weighted shot velocity training routine incorporated in to curriculum. You do not want to miss this as we are taking long island lacrosse training to an entirely different level.
This is not a “learn to play lacrosse” program. For the safety and benefit of our campers, we require all participants have a minimum of 4-5 years playing experience.
- Advanced Skills Camp for Girls Ages 6-14
- Daily NCAA & MLL lacrosse Coaches for specialized instruction
- 8:1 camper to instructor on field ratio
- Daily emphasis on fundamentals, position training, drills and scrimmages
- Team discounts available
- Special goalie instruction and discounts available
- Reversible mesh Nike practice jersey
- Nike and STX Prizes for outstanding play, sportsmanship and improvement
- View More Details ⟩
Co-Director Raquel Piraino
Coach Piraino is the director of player development and assistant coach of the Long Island Yellow Jackets.View Raquel Piraino's Bio ⟩
Coach Pirano has worked with the Long Island Yellow Jackets since 2017. She has also coached the Juniors Open and the Long Island American Select team. Pirano was the head coach of the Port Washington Girl's Lacrosse team from 2006–2014.
Co-Director Stephanie Peragallo
Coach Peragallo played lacrosse at Hauppauge High School and the University of Notre Dame.View Stephanie Peragallo's Bio ⟩
At Hauppauge High School, Peragallo was a two-time Under Armour All-American selection and participated in the champion All-American Showcase (2010, 2011). At the University of Notre Dame, Peragallo was the only Notre Dame freshman to start every game of the 2013 campaign and was named to the second-team IWLCA All-West/Midwest Region.
Camp Director Isaac Neal
Coach Isaac Neal is a seasoned professional with over 15 years of experience coaching lacrosse.View Isaac Neal's Bio ⟩
- Port Washington High School Varsity Head Coach
- 2021 Nassau Coach of the Year
- 2022 Nassau County Champions
- Coached Multiple All-Americans, Attackmen, and Goalies of the Year
- Director, Rebels Lacrosse Club
- Hofstra Lacrosse class of 2010
Camp Director John Savage
Coach Savage is the head coach of the Men's Lacrosse team at Nassau Community College.View John Savage's Bio ⟩
Coach Savage has led the Nassau Lions to three National Championship appearances in his five years of coaching, including the 2021 season where they won the National Championship. Savage was also named the National Junior College Athletic Association Coach of the Year in 2019 and 2021. Coach Savage posts a career record of 50-8 at Nassau CC.
SECURE YOUR SPOT!
You can expect a high demand on these first-come-first-serve camper spots, so please be sure to register early. This summer, The Green Vale School is offering a four day camp (9:00am-3:00pm) for ages 6-14.
- Dates: August 12-August 15
- Age Group: 6-14
- Gender: Girls
- Camp Type: Day Camp
- Schedule: 8:30am-3:00pm, Monday-Thursday
- Check-In: 8:00-8:30am at at Green Vale School baseball field next to the bus circle
- Lunch: Lunch is not provided. Please bring a packed lunch.
- Program: The Skills program is designed to provide campers the fundamental skills, position specific training and in-game tactical knowledge needed to enhance your game.
The Green Vale School
250 Valentines Ln
Glen Head, New York 11545
Click Here for Directions
Monday, August 12th to Thursday, August 15th
- Check in Day 1: 8:00am-8:30am at the Green Vale School Field
- Check in Day 2, 3 & 4: 8:15-8:30am at the Green Vale School Field
- Check out: 3:00pm at the Green Vale School Field
Lunch is NOT provided. Please bring healthy snacks each day.
WHAT'S INCLUDED IN THE FEE?
- Instruction: Morning and afternoon training sessions
- Supervision: Campers are supervised by staff during camp hours.
- Reversible Jersey & Prizes: Campers will receive a Nike Lacrosse Reversible Jersey and prizes.
INSTRUCTION, EQUIPMENT & FACILITY
- Ratio: 1:10 staff-to-camper ratio
- Groupings: Campers are grouped by age, ability, and experience.
- Equipment Needed: Please bring your cleats, protective goggles & mouthpiece, lacrosse stick(s), helmet and pads (Goalies)
- Facility: The Green Vale School Athletic Fields
- Medical Protocol: Most camps have an athletic trainer on-site to help with illness or injury. In case of an emergency, campers will be transported to the nearest hospital.
PREPARE FOR CAMP: COMPLETE YOUR PRE-CAMP CHECKLIST
To view your customer account, complete your mandatory forms, pay balance dues, and review important camp information, visit Pre-Camp Checklist. All necessary camp information is on this page. If there are any imperative changes prior to camp start, registered campers will be notified via email and this webpage will be updated!
CHECKLIST OF THINGS TO BRING
Below is a suggested list of clothes, equipment, and personal items. US Sports Camps is NOT responsible for lost or stolen articles or money.
- Protective Goggles
- Lacrosse Stick(s)
- Healthy Snacks Each Day
- Water Bottle
- COVID PPE (as required by state/local guidelines)
- Signed Heath & Release forms and waivers (forms completed online do not need to be printed and turned in at camp)
Transportation is not provided. Campers are responsible for getting to and from camp on their own. There is no supervision before or after camp hours so please make arrangements to pick up your child on time.
For information regarding our cancellation policy and all other company policies, please visit USSC Policies.
NIKE LACROSSE CAMP FAQ
For general questions about our lacrosse camps please see our FAQ page.
Sample Daily Schedule
- 8:00-8:30am: Check In
- 8:30am: Full camp stretch and strengthen - Shoulder, wrist, and back exercises to increase fundamental passing, shooting, ground ball and defensive checking abilities
- 9:15-10:30am: Fundamental stick work, ball movement, shooting; instructed to increase lacrosse IQ for game situations
- 10:30-11:30am: Position specific training: Attack, Midfield, Defense, Draws, Goalies
- 11:30-12:00pm: Lunch
- 12:00-1:00pm: Scripted and Structured game situations, made to simulate specific aspects of live-game play, created for experience and immediate feedback from coaches
- 1:00-2:00pm: Game
- 2:00-3:00pm: Position specific training: Attack, Midfield, Defense, Face-offs, Goalies- created to lead into the next day’s lacrosse IQ concepts that will be covered.
- 3:00pm: Check out/ Pick Up
The Green Vale School
The Green Vale School, founded in 1923, is located in Old Brookville, NY on a beautiful forty-acre campus.
SECURE YOUR SPOT – CAMPS SELL OUT!
Last year over 650 Sports Camps sold out, leaving 7,000+ campers on the waitlist. Due to high demand, early registration for our first-come-first-serve camps is strongly recommended.