Nike Boys Lacrosse Camp at Boise State University
2024 DATES & PRICES NOW AVAILABLE!
Nike Lacrosse Camps is excited to bring its programs to Boise State University in Summer 2024! The camp mixes elite lacrosse instruction with an incredible summer experience. Next Athletes, operator of the Nike Sports Camps at BSU, provides a fantastic opportunity for young players to learn from amazing coaches and have a blast in the process! The camp staff is comprised of passionate college coaches, high school coaches, and student athletes who are committed to helping campers improve their skills and create lifelong memories. The camp is open to boys, ages 13-17.
- Top tier instruction from collegiate coaches, high school coaches, and student athletes
- Morning and afternoon training sessions
- Low camper-to-staff ratio
- Sports psychology seminars and college recruitment education
- Every camper receives a Nike Lacrosse Camp t-shirt
- Every camper is eligible to receive merit-based prizes during camp
- View More Details ⟩
Camp Director Westy McQueen
Westy McQueen is the owner and camp director for Next Athletes, operator of the Nike Sports Camps at Boise State University and Westminster University.View Westy's Bio ⟩
Coach Mike Doud
Mike Doud is the defensive coordinator and goalie coach at Boise State University, Boise High School, and City Side 208 LC.View Mike Doud's Bio ⟩
Coach Matt Miller
Matt Miller is the head coach for Boise State High School Lacrosse and serves as a defensive coach for the Nike Lacrosse Camp at Boise State University.View Matt Miller's Bio ⟩
Sports Psychology Director Hope McQueen
Hope McQueen serves as the Sports Psychology Director for Next Athletes and provides sports psychology and performance support at the Nike Sports Camps at Westminster University and Boise State University. Hope is a Certified Mental Performance Consultant and has a master’s degree in Sport and Performance Psychology from California Baptist University.View Hope McQueen's Bio ⟩
College Recruiting Expert Scott Petersen
Scott Petersen, an athlete parent turned college recruiting consultant, has a great deal of knowledge to share with parents and athletes about the recruiting process. Scott is a college recruiting expert for Next Athletes and is excited to share his expertise at the Nike Camps at Westminster University and Boise State University.View Scott Petersen's Bio ⟩
College Recruiting Expert Peter Ozolin
Peter Ozolin is an athlete-parent, former high school football coach, and experienced college recruiting advisor. Peter is a college recruiting expert for Next Athletes programs and offers a wealth of information to share with Nike Camp families.View Peter Ozolin's Bio ⟩
Certified Athletic Trainer Lindsey Lunt
Lindsey is a Licensed and Certified Athletic Trainer and provides on-site support for Next Athletes and the Nike Sports Camps at Westminster University and Boise State University.View Lindsey Lunt's Bio ⟩
SECURE YOUR SPOT! You can expect high demand for these first-come-first-serve camper spots, so please be sure to register early. This summer, the Nike Camp at Boise State University is offering one session of overnight camp with a day camp (9:00am-4:00pm) option for boys, ages 13-17. Upon arrival at camp, campers are placed into groups with other athletes of similar ages and ability levels. Our camp staff will do their best to accommodate each camper’s needs, with consideration of their skill level and desire to improve. Next Athletes has designed a comprehensive training program suitable to all levels, including drills, games, competitions, mental strength exercises, and more.
- Dates: June 23-27
- Age Group: 13-17
- Gender: Boys
- Camp Type: Overnight, Day (commuter)
- Check-In: OVERNIGHT campers check-in between 11:00am-12:00pm in front of the Taylor Hall dormitory on campus. Families should pull into the parking lot on the West side of Albertson’s stadium and pull all the way to the back left corner of the lot. There will be camp staff waiting to direct you. Overnight campers will check into their dorm prior to arrival. DAY campers should arrive between 12:00-12:30pm at Centennial Amphitheater for check-in. There will be a camp orientation at Centennial Amphitheater at 12:30pm following check-in which we highly encourage the parent or guardian to attend. Parents are welcome to depart following orientation.
- Check-out: A closing ceremony will take place at Centennial Amphitheater at 12:00pm on Thursday. Day Campers will be picked up immediately following the closing ceremony. Overnight campers check out from the dorm immediately following orientation.
- Day Camp Schedule: SUN 12:30PM-4PM, MON-WED 9AM-4PM, THURS 9AM-NOON **Times subject to change
- Meals: All meals are provided for Overnight campers. Day campers are required to bring their own lunch daily.
- Program: This program is designed to provide young athletes with a better understanding of their fundamentals and improve their competitive results. Skill refinement along with constructive feedback will be the focus of the camp and allows each participant to gain a greater knowledge of the proper mechanics and ways to improve themselves individually.
Boise State University
1663 W Cesar Chavez Ln
Boise, ID 83706
Click Here For Directions
OVERNIGHT and DAY parents may park in the parking lot between Taylor Hall and Albertson’s Stadium (Albertson’s Stadium West Lot).
- Dorm: Taylor Hall
- Number of Campers Per Room: 2 campers per room
- Roommates: Rooms are assigned by age & roommate requests. Roommate requests must be mutual and received no later than 14 days before the start of camp. If you don't have a roommate request, you will be placed in a room with someone near your age. It will be a great opportunity to meet someone new!
- Bathrooms: Shared
- Linens: Not included. Bring linens or a sleeping bag, a pillow, a pillowcase, and a towel.
- Air Conditioning: YES - Dorm has A/C
The staff reside in the dormitories with the campers and participate in all activities. Drugs, alcohol, and tobacco are strictly prohibited and constitute, along with general misconduct, grounds for dismissal from camp without a refund.
WHAT'S INCLUDED IN THE FEE?
- Instruction: Daytime training sessions
- Overnight campers: Dormitory housing on campus, evening activities and all meals
- Day campers: Instruction and daytime activities only. Lunch is not included.
- Supervision: Staff members reside in campers’ quarters and participate in all activities.
- Reversible Jersey & Prizes: Campers at multi-day camps will receive a Nike Lacrosse Camps Reversible Jersey and prizes.
INSTRUCTION, EQUIPMENT & FACILITY
- Ratio: 1:10 staff-to-camper ratio
- Groupings: Campers are grouped by age, ability, and experience.
- Equipment Needed: Please bring your own apparel, cleats, lacrosse stick, helmet, and pads
- Facility: Dona Larsen Park or Ann Morrison Park
- Medical Protocol: Most camps have an athletic trainer on-site to help with illness or injury. In case of an emergency, campers will be transported to the nearest hospital.
PREPARE FOR CAMP: COMPLETE YOUR PRE-CAMP CHECKLIST
To view your customer account, complete your mandatory forms, pay balance dues, and review important camp information, visit Pre-Camp Checklist. All necessary camp information is on this page. If there are any imperative changes prior to camp start, registered campers will be notified via email and this webpage will be updated!
Below is a suggested list of clothes, equipment, and personal items. US Sports Camps is NOT responsible for lost or stolen articles or money.
Checklist of things to bring:
- Weather-appropriate clothing for 4 nights/5 days
- 1-2 pairs of broken in cleats
- Helmet and pads
- Lacrosse stick
- Running shoes
- Water bottle
- Small gym bag/backpack
- Flip flops
- Bathing Suit
- Bath towel
- Hat or Visor
- Pen and paper for guest speaker notes
- Spending Money ($50-100)
- Linens (twin sheets & blankets or sleeping bag, pillow, pillowcase)
- Signed Heath & Release forms and waivers (forms completed online do not need to be printed and turned in at camp)
Checklist of Things to Bring: We recommend Day Campers bring a daily pack with the following items: extra athletic clothing, 1-2 pairs of broken in cleats, helmet, pads, lacrosse stick, running shoes, water bottle, sunblock, small gym bag/backpack, extra spending money ($50) and any other appropriate clothing for that day’s activities which will be described to you on the first day of camp.
Camp Schedule & Meals:
- Sunday: Day Camper Hours – 12:30pm-4:00pm. Meals are not provided.
- Monday-Wednesday: Day Camper Hours – 9:00am-4:00pm. Meals are not provided.
- Thursday: Day Camper Hours - 9:00am-12:00pm. Check-out is immediately after the 12pm closing ceremony.
Transportation is not provided to/from camp. Campers are responsible for getting to and from camp on their own. There is no supervision before or after camp hours so please make arrangements to pick up your child on time. If there is a need for additional facilities, we may conduct camp nearby at an off-campus location. In this case, overnight campers will be bussed to this location and day campers will be dropped off and picked up at the destination. Parents will be given notice if this is the case.
**All information on this page is subject to change. We will communicate any changes via email.
For information regarding our cancellation policy and all other company policies, please visit USSC Policies.
NIKE LACROSSE CAMP FAQ
For general questions about our lacrosse camps please see our FAQ page.Show Less See More Camp Details
TEAM DISCOUNT: If five or more campers register together, each camper is eligible for a $25 discount. Please have a team contact reach out directly to the USSC office at 1-800-645-3226 to receive a discount code to identify your group. Campers may then register through the website at their convenience and apply the coupon code during check-out.
GOALIE DISCOUNT: To ensure each session has enough goalies for drills and scrimmages, all goalies automatically qualify for a special $50 discount. You can call 1-800-645-3226 to receive the goalie discount over the phone or you can indicate that you are eligible for the goalie discount in the “comments” field when registering via our secure website. Goalie discount cannot be combined with any other discount.
SIBLING DISCOUNT: $25 off each player. You can call 1-800-645-3226 to receive the sibling discount over the phone or you can indicate that you are eligible for the sibling discount in the “comments” field when registering via our secure website. Sibling discount cannot be combined with any other discount.
Sample Daily Schedule
- 7:30 AM Breakfast (Overnighters)
- 9:00 AM Stretching and Conditioning
- 9:30 AM Line Drills and Stations
- 10:30 AM Position Work
- Noon Lunch and rest
- 1:30 PM 1v1, 2v2, and fastbreaks
- 3:00 PM Drill stations and scrimmaging
- 4:00 PM Day Campers depart; Dinner and supervised free time
- 6:30 PM Back to field for games
- 10:00 PM Overnight Campers to rooms; Lights out!
BOISE STATE UNIVERSITY
Home to more than 24,000 students, Boise State offers world class athletic facilities and a breathtaking campus, that runs along the banks of the Boise River.
July 24, 2023: It was a fun camp. The coaches were nice, they set up fun drills and games
July 27, 2023: My son was able to play with others outside of usual team
July 24, 2023: Learning new skills; game play simulation
July 24, 2023: My son's self-esteem improved
July 24, 2023: Learning new drills.
A fantastic time
SECURE YOUR SPOT – CAMPS SELL OUT!
Last year over 650 Sports Camps sold out, leaving 7,000+ campers on the waitlist. Due to high demand, early registration for our first-come-first-serve camps is strongly recommended.