Nike Girls Lacrosse Youth Camp at Roanoke College
For youth players ages 7-12!
Coach Erica Brown is excited to offer the 3rd annual youth camp this summer 2023 on the beautiful Roanoke College campus in Salem, VA.
This camp is designed for the young lacrosse player who wants to get top instruction from Roanoke Head Coach, Erica Brown and her staff of current players and coaches. Each camper will learn skills they can practice on their own to help them gain an understanding and a love for the game of lacrosse.
- Complete Skills Camp for Girls Ages 7-12
- 8:1 camper to instructor on field ratio
- Daily emphasis on fundamentals, position training, drills and scrimmages
- Team and sibling discounts available
- Every camper receives a reversible Nike practice jersey
- View More Details ⟩
Camp Director Erica Brown
Roanoke College Director of Athletics Scott Allison '79 has announced the hiring of Erica Brown as the next women's lacrosse head coach. She will begin her duties on Monday, September 12. Brown completed her 10th season as head coach at Tiffin University in 2021-22. She has guided Tiffin to eight straight conference tournament appearances (no conference tourney in 2019-20 due to Covid-19 pandemic) and has a career record of 84-67.View Erica Brown's Bio ⟩
In the 2020-21 season Brown led the Dragons to a three-way tie at the top of the GMAC standings. Senior standout Elle Hamilton was named GMAC Midfielder of the Year, First Team All-Region, and Third Team All-American.
She has coached numerous All Conference standouts, including 43 selections in the last six seasons. In TU's first year in the GMAC in 2019, she led the Dragons to the regular-season conference championship with a perfect 7-0 record and earned a spot in the GMAC title game. Standout Elle Hamilton was named the GMAC Attacker of the Year, while Brown was named conference Coach of the Year.
She led the Dragons to three straight GLIAC Tournament Championship game appearances from 2013-2015. Goalkeeper Jessica Bombard and attacker Emily Roussel were named IWLCA All Americans, while in 2014, they also had two players earn top honors in the conference, as GLIAC co-Attacker of the Year Emily Roussel and two-time GLIAC Goalkeeper of the Year Jessica Bombard were honored. Bombard was also named Goalkeeper of the Year in 2013, while Alexandria Quast earned All-American honors after setting numerous game, season, and career NCAA Division II records.
Brown previously served as Head Coach at Lycoming College, leading the team to a 19-17 overall record, 15-8 in the Middle Atlantic Conference over her two seasons. During that span she coached three All-Region and nine All-Conference players while also guiding 18 student-athletes to Academic All-Conference honors.
She played lacrosse at Wagner College. A standout goalkeeper, Brown still ranks second all-time in Wagner history in career minutes played, career saves and career goals against average. She also holds the record for minutes played in a season and ranks second in saves in a season. A co-captain of the team in her senior year, she was ranked on lax.com as one of the top-12 goalies in all of Division I.
Brown earned a bachelor's degree in public policy and administration from Wagner College in 2005 and is finishing her master's degree in liberal arts from Lock Haven. She is certified as a lacrosse referee by the Pennsylvania Interscholastic Athletic Association (PIAA) and U.S. Lacrosse.
SECURE YOUR SPOT!
You can expect a high demand on these first-come-first-serve camper spots, so please be sure to register early. This summer, Roanoke College is offering one session of day camp (10:00 AM to 2:00 PM). Designed for players starting or currently playing youth lacrosse.
- Dates: July 1-4 **Camp runs Saturday to Tuesday. Please note camp will take place on the 4th of July.
- Age Group: 7-12
- Gender: Girls
- Camp Type: Day
- Schedule: 10:00am-2:00pm, Saturday-Tuesday
- Check-In: between 9:30-10:00am at Kerr Stadium. Campers can be dropped off Saturday-Tuesday behind the Bast Center.
- Check-out: Camp ends at 2:00pm each day.
- Meals: Lunch is not provided. All campers need to bring a filled water bottle each day.
- Program: Youth Camp ages 7-12 - The focus of the Youth Camp is having fun and improving fundamental skills in a ultra-positive atmosphere. All facets of the game are covered including stick work, shooting, and defensive/goalie drills in the morning with scrimmaging and team concepts covered in the afternoon. This camp exposes players to all field positions including attack, midfield, defense and goalie where campers can explore and learn more about position specifics.
301 N Market St
Salem, VA 24153
Click Here for Directions
Saturday, July 1st to Tuesday, July 4th
- Check-in: will take place between 9:30-10:00am at Kerr Stadium. Campers can be dropped off Saturday-Tuesday behind the Bast Center.
- Coaches will be assisting with drop off and pick up each day in the parking lot. Enter from North Market Street to drop off and pick up.
- Check-out: Camp ends at 2:00pm each day.
WHAT'S INCLUDED IN THE FEE?
- Instruction: Morning and afternoon training sessions
- Supervision: Campers are supervised by staff during camp hours.
- Meals: Lunch is provided each day.
- Reversible Jersey & Prizes: Campers will receive a Nike Lacrosse Reversible Jersey and prizes.
INSTRUCTION, EQUIPMENT & FACILITY
- Ratio: 1:10 staff-to-camper ratio
- Groupings: Campers are grouped by age, ability, and experience.
- Equipment Needed: Please bring your helmet, mouthpiece, cleats, lacrosse stick, gloves, and pads.
- Facility: Kerr Stadium
- Medical Protocol: Most camps have an athletic trainer on-site to help with illness or injury. In case of an emergency, campers will be transported to the nearest hospital.
PREPARE FOR CAMP: COMPLETE YOUR PRE-CAMP CHECKLIST
To view your customer account, complete your mandatory forms, pay balance dues, and review important camp information, visit Pre-Camp Checklist. All necessary camp information is on this page. If there are any imperative changes prior to camp start, registered campers will be notified via email and this webpage will be updated!
CHECKLIST OF THINGS TO BRING
Below is a suggested list of clothes, equipment, and personal items. US Sports Camps is NOT responsible for lost or stolen articles or money.
- Protective Goggles
- Lacrosse Stick(s)
- Healthy Snacks Each Day
- Water Bottle
- Signed Heath & Release forms and waivers (forms completed online do not need to be printed and turned in at camp)
Transportation is not provided. Campers are responsible for getting to and from camp on their own. There is no supervision before or after camp hours so please make arrangements to pick up your child on time.
For information regarding our cancellation policy and all other company policies, please visit USSC Policies.
NIKE LACROSSE CAMP FAQ
For general questions about our lacrosse camps please see our FAQ page.Show Less See More Camp Details
DAY CAMP AMENITIES
• 4 days of instruction (SAT-TUE)
• 10:00 AM - 2:00 PM
• Lunch provided each day
• Reversible Nike practice jersey
**Camp runs Saturday to Tuesday. Please note camp will take place on the 4th of July.
Some local hotel options listed below:
- Country Inn and Suites: 7860 Plantation Rd. Roanoke, VA 24019 - 540-366-5678
- 10:00 AM - Campers Check in and drop off
- 10:30 AM - Campers first field session - warm ups, stick skills, fun skills sessions
- 12:00 PM - Lunch (provided) in Air Conditioned Dining Hall
- 1:00 PM - Campers second field session - warm ups, stick skills and team games
- 2:00 PM - Campers picked up
TEAM DISCOUNT: If five or more campers register together, each camper is eligible for a $25 discount. Please have a team contact reach out directly to the USSC office at 1-800-645-3226 to receive a discount code to identify your group. Campers may then register through the website at their convenience and apply the coupon code during check-out.
SIBLING DISCOUNT: $25 off each player. You can call 1-800-645-3226 to receive the sibling discount over the phone or you can indicate that you are eligible for the sibling discount in the “comments” field when registering via our secure website. Sibling discount cannot be combined with any other discount.
In Roanoke College, you'll find a beautiful campus in a classic college town, with a vibrant city and beautiful countryside just minutes away. The campus is only 10 minutes from the Roanoke-Blacksburg Regional Airport, with direct flights to more than nine cities in the Midwest and East Coast. It is 3-4 hours by car from Charlotte, N.C., Richmond, Va., and Washington, D.C.
Camp ReviewsSubmit a review
Overall Average RatingStars
She will be back again next year
Jul 3, 2021: My daughter stated the experience was really good and the take aways from the experience were excellent from drills to scrimmages. The camp was an overall great experience for my daughter. She will be back again next year.
— William M., Parent
attention from coaches and Great facility
July 6, 2021: Small number of campers made it possible to get more attention from coaches at camp. Great facility at Roanoke College
— Joseph H., Parent
Learned a Lot!
July 23, 2019: My son enjoyed all the coaches, he learned a lot. Each day he came home and immediately got on the re-bounder and then showed me checks, defensive moves, etc. that he had learned. The cafeteria and locker room were highlights too!
— Michael C. Parent
Thank you for such a great week!
July 8, 2017: The staff that the Nike lacrosse camp provides, is very good, they are willing to provide as much time as needed towards the players and making them better. Their focus on improving basic skills and applying them to game situations was awesome. Thank you for such a great week!
— Brady C. Camper
July 7, 2017: Coach Pilat and the staff provide top quality instruction to camp participants. Their focus on improving basic skills, refining techniques, and applying to game situation creates a better lacrosse player.
— James P. Parent
Enjoyed your camp!
July 10, 2016: Just a quick note to let you know how much my son enjoyed your camp this week at Roanoke College. Having played lacrosse for less than a year, he learned a great deal and made some friends as well. Again, thanks for giving him a great experience and deepening his love for this sport!
— Teresa W. Parent
July 8, 2016: My son had a great experience at camp and really wants to go back again next Summer. Thanks for everything that you have done - I have never seen him be so excited about working hard and he loved the camp.
— Andrew R. Parent
Absolutely Wonderful Experience!
July 3, 2016: I just wanted to thank you for the absolutely wonderful experience my son had at camp. He is so pumped about his high school tryout. You helped him tremendously. My husband and I were very impressed with your camp and the way that it was run. We also want to tell you that your assistant coaches were so wonderful to the boys. Our son has NOT stopped talking about how much he learned and what fun it was to meet such nice guys. We even took him to see some of the colleges where your staff member played lacrosse. We just wanted to let you know how glad we were to have sent our son to your camp. You will definitely see him again. Thanks again for all of your efforts.
— Tim K. Parent
SECURE YOUR SPOT – CAMPS SELL OUT!
Last year over 650 Sports Camps sold out, leaving 7,000+ campers on the waitlist. Due to high demand, early registration for our first-come-first-serve camps is strongly recommended.