Nike Swim Camp at Manchester University
2024 DATES & PRICES NOW AVAILABLE!
Come join Head Swimming Coach, Roger Karns, this summer 2024 at the Nike Swim Camp at Manchester University. Our goal is to provide each swimmer a fun, exciting and enthusiastic environment to train in at camp.
This coed day camp is designed for swimmers who want to learn more about the training methods of today’s top level athletes. Utilizing current training principles, campers will experience new styles of workouts designed to help athletes advance their skill and improve their times. In the water, campers will be analyzed through video which will provide an in-depth review of all four strokes. Outside of the pool, campers will be instructed in the areas of nutrition, strength training, and mental training to help create a well balanced athlete.
The Nike Swim Camp at Manchester University is open to any and all entrants. For your safety and benefit, we recommend you have competitive swimming experience (e.g. U.S.S. age group, national qualifiers, high school swimmers, or summer league swimmers) and can swim at least 50 meters in all four competitive strokes: fly, back, breast and freestyle.
- For competitive swimmers ages 8-18
- Stroke technique refinement for competitive swimming
- Camp focuses on technique and drill instruction covering all four strokes, starts and turns
- Every camper receives a Nike Camp T-shirt and Nike Swim Cap
- Every camper is eligible to receive merit-based prizes during camp
- View More Details ⟩
Camp Director Roger Karns
Roger Karns was hired as Manchester's head swimming & diving coach in August 2021. The 2022-23 year will mark the second year Karns will lead the Spartan swimming & diving programs. Karns brings an immense amount of experience to Manchester, with 40 years of coaching and teaching under his belt.View Roger Karns's Bio ⟩
Assistant Coach Mitch Schall
Mitch Schall joined the Manchester University Swimming & Diving program as an assistant coach in September 2021. Schall will enter his second year as an assistant coach at Manchester in 2022-23.View Mitch Schall's Bio ⟩
SECURE YOUR SPOT!
You can expect a high demand on these first-come-first-serve camper spots, so please be sure to register early. This summer, Manchester University is offering one session of day camp (9:00am-3:00pm) for ages 8-18. Swimmers should have prior competitive experience before enrolling in this camp.
- Dates: July 14-18
- Age Group: 8-18
- Gender: Coed
- Camp Type: Day Camp
- Schedule: 9:00am-3:00pm SUN-THURS
- Check-In: 8:30am-9:00am at the Strauss-Peabody Aquatic Center
- Lunch: Lunch is NOT provided.
- Program: The Stroke Technique program is designed to provide competitive swimmers with a better understanding of swimming fundamentals. Stroke refinement along with constructive feedback will be the focus of the camp and allows each participant to gain a greater knowledge of proper stroke mechanics and ways to improve themselves individually.
Strauss-Peabody Aquatic Center
902 N Market St
North Manchester, IN 46962
Click Here for Directions.
- Check-in between 8:30am-9:00am at the Strauss-Peabody Aquatic Center on Sunday, July 14th. Check-in will take place between 8:45am-9:00am for the remaining days.
- Check-out at 3:00pm at the Strauss-Peabody Aquatic Center each afternoon.
There is no supervision before or after camp hours so please make arrangements to drop off and pick up your child on time.
Lunch is NOT provided.
WHAT'S INCLUDED IN THE FEE?
- Instruction: Morning and afternoon training sessions
- Supervision: Campers are supervised by staff during camp hours.
- Camp T-shirt & Prizes: Campers will receive a Nike Swim Camps t-shirt and prizes.
INSTRUCTION, EQUIPMENT & FACILITY
- Ratio: 1:10 staff-to-camper ratio
- Groupings: Campers are grouped by age, ability, and experience.
- Equipment Needed: Please bring your water swimsuit, swim cap, googles and towel(s)
- Facility: Strauss-Peabody Aquatic Center
- Medical Protocol: Most camps have an athletic trainer on-site to help with illness or injury. In case of an emergency, campers will be transported to the nearest hospital.
PREPARE FOR CAMP: COMPLETE YOUR PRE-CAMP CHECKLIST
To view your customer account, complete your mandatory forms, pay balance dues, and review important camp information, visit Pre-Camp Checklist. All necessary camp information is on this page. If there are any imperative changes prior to camp start, registered campers will be notified via email and this webpage will be updated!
CHECKLIST OF THINGS TO BRING
Below is a suggested list of clothes, equipment, and personal items. US Sports Camps is NOT responsible for lost or stolen articles or money.
- Dryland training Gear (running shoes, t-shirt, athletic shorts, sweatshirt)
- Swim Cap(s)
- Water bottle
- Hat or Visor
- Sandals/flip flops
- Healthy Lunch and Snacks each day
- Signed Heath & Release forms and waivers (forms completed online do not need to be printed and turned in at camp)
Transportation is not provided. Campers are responsible for getting to and from camp on their own. There is no supervision before or after camp hours so please make arrangements to pick up your child on time.
For information regarding our cancellation policy and all other company policies, please visit USSC Policies.
NIKE SWIM CAMP FAQ
For general questions about our swim camps please see our FAQ page.
DAY CAMP AMENITIES
• Nike Camp T-shirt & Nike Swim Cap
• Camp hours: SUN-THURS 9:00AM-3:00PM
TEAM DISCOUNT: If five or more campers register together, each camper is eligible for a $25 discount. Please have a team contact reach out directly to the USSC office at 1-800-645-3226 to receive a discount code to identify your group. Campers may then register through the website at their convenience and apply the coupon code during check-out.
Sample Daily Schedule
- 9:00 AM Camp Meeting, Stretching & Warm-Up
- 9:30 AM Training Session 1: Skills and Drills
- 11:00 AM Team Meeting
- 11:30 AM Lunch
- 12:30 PM Rest, Game Time, Educational Session
- 1:00 PM Dryland and Dynamic Warmup
- 1:15 PM Training Session 2: Race Specific Training
- 2:45 PM Relays, Games, Free Time
- 3:00 PM Camper depart
Strauss-Peabody Aquatic Center
Located just 2 minutes off campus, the Strauss-Peabody Aquatic Center is home to the Manchester University swimming & diving teams. The center has a full-size competitive swimming pool, as well as a warm water therapy pool.
Camp Questions & Answers
How are swimmers grouped at camp?
Upon arrival at camp, campers are placed in groups with other swimmers having similar abilities and goals. Our camp staff will do their best to accommodate your needs, keeping in consideration your experience and desire to improve.
July 22, 2023: My son learned different ways to swim freestyle
July 23, 2023: Videos with feedback for each stroke
July 22, 2023: New knowledge and skill aquired
July 22, 2023: Coaching was excellent
June 15, 2023: meeting other swimmers
SECURE YOUR SPOT – CAMPS SELL OUT!
Last year over 650 Sports Camps sold out, leaving 7,000+ campers on the waitlist. Due to high demand, early registration for our first-come-first-serve camps is strongly recommended.