Nike Basketball Camp Surrey Sports Park
Improve your game and have serious fun
at Nike Basketball Camps
Nike Basketball Camps offer premium residential summer camps for boys aged 15-17 of advanced level. Led by the former pro-basketball player, Eric Boateng, campers train like professionals and work on all aspects of their game –ball-handling, shooting, defence, fitness, tactics, and 5 v 5 game-like play.
The Performance Camp: This smaller programme set within a university campus is designed to give players a greater tactical understanding of the game and an insight into how to improve individual performance. Coaches share their experiences of the professional game, giving players an understanding of what it takes to make the step up. With a focus on detailed technical drills and position-specific training, players are challenged to elevate their performance. Coaches share their own experiences of the professional game, equipping players with an understanding of how to raise their game to the next level. Campers receive expert training at beautiful facilities in the UK while also having excursions in London and Portsmouth. Become completely immersed in the sport for a 6-night or 13-night session.
- Coaching program designed and run by GB Olympic, Ex-NCAA and NBA basketball player Eric Boateng and his coaching team
- Overall staff to student ratio is 1:5
- 1:8 ratio of basketball coaches to students
- Fantastic cultural excursions and training experiences
- Full accommodations at a leading private school in the beautiful English countryside
- Exclusive Nike gear pack
- 24/7 security onsite
- View More Details ⟩
Camp Director Eric Boateng
Eric has enjoyed a basketball career that has seen him play at the highest level of the US college system, experience the NBA, play in professional leagues across the world, and become a British Olympian. After moving to the US at the age of 16, Eric earned national recognition during his time at high school before gaining a scholarship to play NCAA Division I college basketball.View 's Bio ⟩
- Age Group: 15-17
- Gender: Boys
- Skill: Performance
- Programs: 6-night or 13-night sessions
- Camp Option: Total Basketball Camp or Basketball + English Camp
6 NIGHT PROGRAMS
- June 24-30
- July 1-7
- July 8-14
- July 15-21
13 NIGHT PROGRAMS
- June 24-July 7
- July 1-14
- July 8-21
SURREY SPORTS PARK
Surrey Sports Park is situated in the historic town of Guildford at the University of Surrey, just 40 minutes from London. Opened in 2010, this £36m elite training venue is a sporting hub in the South-East of England. Currently, home to several professional sports teams and athletes, the park played host to 16 Olympic and Paralympic teams, including Team GB, USA, and China for pre-London 2012 training. With state-of-the- art facilities and modern on-site accommodation, Surrey Sports Park provides the perfect environment for older players looking to take their game to the next level.
With the option of 6-night or 13-night sessions, these boys only programs are designed for basketball players, ages 15-17, of advanced level who play regularly for school or club and want to deepen their tactical understanding of the game and an insight into how to improve individual performance. Campers will train with Great Britain Olympian, ex-NBA and NCAA basketball player, Eric Boateng, develop individual and team skills in their offensive and defensive game at one of England’s top training facilities. All the camps will involve an action-packed schedule including excursions to some of the U.K.’s top attractions. There will be a real diverse mix of nationalities, ensuring young players will maximize their learning and gain valuable cultural experiences. Players will leave with new skills, confidence and friends from around the globe.
- Basketball training: Training with GB Olympic basketball players and professionals, directed by Eric Boateng
- Ratio: 1:8 staff to camper ratio
- Facility: Players will train on the three full-sized indoor basketball courts and other gym facilities at Surrey Sports Park.
- Training Hours: Up to 24 hours of professional coaching a week
- Additional Training:
- 5v5 game-like scrimmages
- Workshops and seminars with coaches and teachers
- Skills and sports science fitness tests
- Assessments: Each player is given an individual report and completion certificate to take home.
WHAT'S INCLUDED IN THE FEE?
- Total Basketball Camps Instruction: Up to 24 hours a week of basketball coaching and game play and up to 8 hours a week of sports-related workshops
- Total Basketball Camp is open to all abilities but is a very intensive camp and not suitable for complete beginners or basic level English speakers
- Basketball & English Camps Instruction: Up to 24 hours a week of basketball coaching and game-play, and up to 13 hours a week of English language lessons using an accelerated model of English learning
- Meals & Accommodations: Campers will be housed in the University of Surrey dormitories and will receive 3 nutritionally balanced meals a day and an evening snack.
- Exclusive Nike gear pack: All campers get a Nike gear pack.
- Supervision: 24/7 on-site male and female pastoral care staff
- Excursions: One excursion on a 6-night camp and two excursions on a 13-night camp
- Evening Activities: All players will enjoy evening activities to help build team bonding. Some of these activities may include ultimate frisbee, quiz night, bowling, and capture the flag.
Final housing information for this camp will be provided in the Information Packets, emailed to all campers closer to the camp’s start date.
- Location: University of Surrey
- Campers Per Room: Single rooms
- Bathrooms: En-suite bathrooms
- Amenities: Indoor swimming pool, gym + strength and conditioning area, a players' lounge equipped with a TV, foosball table and game consoles, and an on-site camp shop
- Free Laundry Facilities: On-site
- Free Wi-Fi: Yes
London Experience (all camps)
- Players experience the sights of England’s capital city including the famous ‘Big Ben’ and Buckingham Palace, rounding the day off with the chance to do some shopping.
Thorpe Park Theme Park (13-night camps only)
- There’s something for everyone at England’s top theme parks. Adrenaline junkies can ride rollercoasters that go from 0-80mph in under two seconds, while those who prefer to keep their feet near the ground can enjoy smaller rides and traditional fairground activities.
- Closest Airports: London Heathrow (21 miles) | London Gatwick (31 miles)
Nike Basketball Camps offers airport transfers to/from London Heathrow and London Gatwick for an additional fee. These can be booked directly at [email protected] once you have booked a camp. Transfers can only be booked for flights that arrive in the UK between 9:00 am and 4:00 pm on the camp start date and depart the UK between 11:00 am and 6:00 pm on the camp end date.
Unaccompanied Minor (UM) or Airport Assistance is a service offered by most airlines whereby airline staff supervises and escort a child during their flight and through the parts of the airport that our staff don't have access to. We recommend using this service for all children traveling alone under the age of 14. Please inform us of your airport transfer booking if you are using this service by emailing [email protected] at least 4 weeks before the start of the camp.
A detailed camper Information Packet containing check in location, health/release forms, emergency contact info, a list of things to bring, and other important information will be emailed from Euro Sports Camps to all registered campers closer to the camp's start date.
ELS CAMP INFORMATION
Campers seeking a summer basketball camp experience with additional non-sport instruction can check out the options below:
- Nike Basketball + English Camps: Euro Sports Camps
If you have any questions, please fill out our inquiry form at eurosportscamps.com/contact or email [email protected].
These Nike Basketball Camps are operated by CMT Learning Ltd. in the UK. Nike and the Swoosh design are registered trademarks of Nike, Inc. and its affiliates are used under license. Nike is the title sponsor of the camps. US Sports Camps, Inc. is a marketing and registration service for these camps, and it and Nike have no control over the operation of the camps or the acts or omissions of CMT Learning.
SECURE YOUR SPOT – CAMPS SELL OUT!
Last year over 650 Sports Camps sold out, leaving 7,000+ campers on the waitlist. Due to high demand, early registration for our first-come-first-serve camps is strongly recommended.