Nike Peak Performance Winter Swim Camp Westchester, New York
Performance is our passion at
Peak Performance Swim Camp
Peak Performance Swim Camp is offering a speed swim camp in the NYC metropolitan area during President’s Day holiday weekend! Our 3-day RACE CAMP provides two levels of specialized training for 12 & Over and 11 & Under competitive swimmers. PEAK coaches are masters at teaching racing techniques, and our low swimmer-to-coach ratio is the best in the industry. If speed is what you seek, come to PEAK!
Open to swimmers ages 8-18 and suited for all levels of competitive swimming, from intermediate and elite-level age group to senior level. Swimmers are assigned to lanes based on their ability not age. Campers train each day at the Saw Mill Club East in Mt. Kisco.
Camp Director Nick Baker
Nick Baker cofounded the original Peak Performance Swim Camp in 1996. In 2005 he branched out on his own and founded the present-day version. His vision was to create a holistic camp with a focus on developing the whole swimmer from a mental, technical, and physical perspective.View Nick Baker's Bio & Swim Tips ⟩
Nick Baker has been involved in competitive swimming since 1961. He swam competitively for 11 years (and qualified for the Olympic Trials in the 200M Breaststroke), coached club swimming for 21 years, and has exclusively run swim camps for the past 18 years. He started his coaching career in Canada in 1972, and moved to the United States in 1993 to run a competitive swim camp at the International Swimming Hall of Fame in Ft. Lauderdale, Florida.
The camp’s one-of-a-kind holistic approach and positive coaching style was created by Coach Nick Baker, founder and head coach of Peak Performance Swim Camp. Following is a brief list of his swimming and coaching highlights:
- Qualified for Olympic Trials in the 200 breaststroke
- Twenty-one years as a club coach
- Coached at the World Junior Olympics in Madrid, Spain in 1991
- Attended the 1992 Olympics as the personal coach of Olympic Swimmer Lisa Flood
- Twenty years as an exclusive swim camp/private coach
- Author of two popular swimming-related books, 101 Winning Ways and The Swimming Triangle
- A featured writer for Swimming World Magazine
- Conducted more than 350 swim camps & clinics though out the US and 15 foreign countries
- More than 900 swimmers, from 40 countries, attended Peak Performance Swim Camp in 2013
- A featured clinician at numerous coaching clinics throughout the world
- In the past forty-one years he has had the opportunity to work with many elite-level swimmers, including: World Record Holders, Olympic Medalists, Olympic Finalists, Olympic Trial Qualifiers, NCAA Champions, Senior and Junior National Champions, Zone Champions, State Champions, Junior Olympic Champions, and more
Swim Tips by Nick Baker:
- Peak Performance Swim Camp Tip: Swimming in the Zone
- Peak Performance Swim Camp Tip: Racing with Aggression
- Peak Performance Swim Camp Tip: A Day At Peak Performance Swim Camp
- Peak Performance Swim Camp Tip: Two Styles Of Freestyle
- Peak Performance Swim Camp Tip: How to do a World Class Backstroke Start
- Peak Performance Swim Camp Tip: It’s All In The Style When It Comes To Swim Camps For Kids
- Peak Performance Swim Camp: Freestyle Catch
- Peak Performance Swim Camp: Breaststroke Shoot
- Peak Performance Swim Camp Tip: Say It, Think It, See It, Be It
- Peak Performance Swim Camp Tip: Why Yoga?
- Peak Performance Swim Video Tip: Freestyle Breathing
- Peak Performance Swim Camp Tip: The Ideal Swim Coach
- Peak Performance Swim Camp Tip: Backstroke and Freestyle Pull
- Peak Performance Swim Camp Tip: Freestyle Kick
- Peak Performance Swim Camp Tip: Front Start
- Peak Performance Swim Camp Tip: Physical Conditioning
- Peak Performance Swim Camp Tip: Backstroke Streamline
- Peak Performance Swim Camp Tip: Tips for a better Freestyle
- Peak Performance Swim Camp Tip: Stretching Helps
- Peak Performance Swim Camp Tip: Dry-Land Training
- Peak Performance Swim Camp Tip: Excitement Rules
- Peak Performance Swim Camp Tip: 10 Step Guide To Proper Nutrition For Swimmers
- Peak Performance Swim Camp: Breaststroke Kick
Coach Peak Coaching Staff
A great camp curriculum means nothing unless you have a team of great coaches to implement it. Our passionate and experienced coaching team is comprised of stroke technicians, teachers, and motivatorsView Peak Coaching Staff's Bio ⟩
A great camp curriculum means nothing unless you have a team of great coaches to implement it. Our passionate and experienced coaching team is comprised of stroke technicians, teachers, and motivators - who inspire our swimmers with their enthusiasm, knowledge, and love of swimming. All PEAK coaches fully endorse our mission statement, our holistic training approach, and positive coaching style. Staff availability varies and is subject to change per location.
Our Coaching Staff: swimcamp.com/coaches
Maximizing swimming potential through a holistic training approach is the mission of Peak Performance Swim Camp. To fulfill our mission, we seek to empower our swimmers through a two-tiered process of teaching and training. The teaching side includes daily chalk talks, video presentations, and ongoing poolside demonstrations. In addition, a targeted teaching strategy focused on swimmers’ individual needs is employed.
- Dates: February 18-20
- Age Group: 8-18
- Gender: Coed
- Camp Type: Day Camp
- Schedule: 12:00pm-5:00pm, Saturday; 1:00pm-5:00pm, Sunday; 9:00am-3:00pm, Monday
- Check-In: 11:45am on Saturday at the upstairs Mezzanine at Saw Mill Club East
- Lunch: Lunch is not provided. Please bring a packed lunch.
- Race Camp: For competitive swimmers ages 8-18. Our 2-day Race Camp focuses on excellence in racing! How swimmers perform in competition determines their ultimate success in swimming. Hard-nosed training matters, but smart-tough racing matters more. At PEAK Race Camps, we specialize in teaching the mental, technical, and physical skills to help swimmers excel where it matters most!
Our Race Camp curriculum includes:
- Various focus and mental toughness simulations to sharpen the mental edge.
- Race rehearsals to heighten the competitive spirit and teach the ideal racing strategy for all distances.
- Technical stroke refinement.
- Power, flexibility, and skill drills to quicken all starts and turns.
- Plus plenty of head-to-head racing!
Note: This is NOT a learn-to-swim program, but specifically designed for competitive swimmers who can perform multiple lengths of all four strokes and starts and turns. Swimmers are assigned to lanes based on ability level. The daily skill progressions and challenging swim sets are adjusted to reflect skill and performance levels.
Saw Mill Club East
333 N Bedford Road
Mt. Kisco, NY 10549
Saturday, February 18th thru Monday, February 20th
Camp check-in will take place at the upstairs Mezzanine at Saw Mill Club East.
Check-in on Saturday, February 18 @ 11:45am.
Sign-in on Sunday, February 19 @ 12:45pm.
Sign-in Monday, February 20 @ 8:45am.
- Swimmers must arrive to camp wearing their swimsuit underneath their dry-land clothing.
- Parents need to sign-in their swimmers with camp staff each morning.
- There is limited space for spectators to observe the pool sessions either inside the natatorium seated on the pool bleachers or standing room only in the hallway viewing area.
Saturday, February 18th thru Monday, February 20th
Pick-up and Sign-out will occur in the hallway outside the natatorium.
Sign-out on Saturday, February 18 @ 5:00pm.
Sign-out on Sunday, February 19 @ 5:00pm.
Check-out on Monday, February 20 @ 3:00pm.
- Parents need to sign-out their swimmer each afternoon with a PEAK staff member.
The camp concludes on Monday, February 20 at 3:00pm. Parents can pick-up their children in the hallway just outside the natatorium.
- Please bring your own snack or bag lunch daily on Saturday, Sunday and Monday with your favorite, healthy foods.
- Bag lunches must be in the swimmers’ possession at morning Drop-Off and not delivered later to the pool.
- Swimmers must bring 2 personal water bottles to camp, properly labeled and already filled.
WHAT'S INCLUDED IN THE FEE?
- Instruction: Morning and afternoon training sessions
- Supervision: Campers are supervised by staff during camp hours.
- Camp T-shirt & Prizes: Campers will receive a Peak Swim Camps t-shirt and prizes.
INSTRUCTION, EQUIPMENT & FACILITY
- Ratio: 1:10 staff-to-camper ratio
- Groupings: Campers are grouped by age, ability, and experience.
- Equipment Needed: Please bring your water swimsuit, swim cap, googles and towel(s)
- Facility: Saw Mill Club East Pool
- Medical Protocol: Most camps have an athletic trainer on-site to help with illness or injury. In case of an emergency, campers will be transported to the nearest hospital.
PREPARE FOR CAMP: COMPLETE YOUR PRE-CAMP CHECKLIST
To view your customer account, complete your mandatory forms, pay balance dues, and review important camp information, visit Pre-Camp Checklist. All necessary camp information is on this page. If there are any imperative changes prior to camp start, registered campers will be notified via email and this webpage will be updated!
CHECKLIST OF THINGS TO BRING
Below is a suggested list of clothes, equipment, and personal items. US Sports Camps is NOT responsible for lost or stolen articles or money.
- 2 Water Bottles - Properly labeled & already filled
- Snack or Bag Lunch with your favorite healthy foods
- Swimsuit worn underneath dry-land clothing
- 2 Swim Caps (your personal favorites)
- 2 Large Pool Towels
- Do NOT bring fins, pull-buoys, kick boards, etc.
Transportation is not provided. Campers are responsible for getting to and from camp on their own. There is no supervision before or after camp hours so please make arrangements to pick up your child on time.
For information regarding our cancellation policy and all other company policies, please visit USSC Policies.
NIKE SWIM CAMP FAQ
For general questions about our swim camps please see our FAQ page.
COACH BAKER'S INSTRUCTIONAL VIDEOS:
Olympic Coach Nick Baker has created an outstanding video series for swimmers looking to improve their technical and physical performance. There’s no better teaching tool than visual aides to effectively demonstrate and practice these skills!
Yoga for Peak Performance: The more flexible the swimmer, the greater the speed! And yoga is the perfect way for swimmers to increase their flexibility. Greater flexibility in the shoulders, chest, hips, and ankles allows the body to generate more propulsion and flow through the water with minimal drag and greater ease. The Yoga For Peak Performance video, led by professional instructors Theresa and Calvin of College Park Yoga, offers a series of effective yoga postures designed to relax the body and enhance flexibility in as little as 15 minutes a day! Price: $65.00
PEAK OUT! Dry-Land Video: Swimming alone cannot develop the strength, flexibility, agility, or coordination needed to perform at the elite-level. The PEAK OUT! Dry-Land Training Video targets these all-important physical traits – giving swimmers a clear, competitive edge. The five, high-energy training circuits demonstrated in the video can be performed away from the pool and require no equipment. It’s the perfect fit for motivated swimmers on the move! Format: Stream video online. 82 minutes. Price: $85.00
PEAK Refresher 2.0: The PEAK Refresher 2.0 video, produced by Olympic Coach Nick Baker, builds on the fundamentals of Refresher 1.0 and introduces many elite-level skills not available on other swimming videos. The multiple and innovative camera angles take learning to a whole new level. The skills presented in this video are guaranteed to boost swimming performance! Format: Stream video online. 59 minutes. Price: $115.00
PEAK Refresher 1.0: The PEAK Refresher 1.0 is a state-of-the-art video also produced by 1992 Olympic Coach Nick Baker. It vividly illustrates key elements of the front, back, and relay start, along with the four strokes and turns. The step-by-step format greatly enhances learning. Format: Stream video online. 44 minutes.
PEAK Refresher Combo Package: Purchase the PEAK Refresher 2.0 video AND receive the PEAK Refresher 1.0 at half price ($75 value)! The PEAK Refresher 2.0 builds on the fundamentals of Refresher 1.0, providing comprehensive technical instruction for novice to elite-level competitive swimmers. Price: $150.00
The Ultimate PEAK Package: Purchase all 3 videos–PEAK OUT! Dry-Land Video, PEAK Refresher 2.0 video, and PEAK Refresher 1.0–at an incredible value! PLUS receive a free copy of Coach Nick Baker’s newest book, Un-Limit Yourself! A Must-Read for Serious Swimmers. The Ultimate PEAK Package provides an unparalleled, visual training experience combining the best of in-water technique skills, dry-land strength drills, and tips for a positive mindset. Price: $225.00
COACH BAKER'S BOOKS:
Nick Baker, Founder of Peak Performance Swim Camp and Olympic Coach, provides unparalleled swim knowledge described in each of his books. With over 43 years of coaching experience with thousands of competitive swimmers from novice level to Olympic champions, Coach Baker addresses all-important topics ranging from the power of positive mentality and superior technique to building confidence and ideal strength and flexibility. Coach Baker’s books are perfect gifts to inspire and teach swimmers, coaches, and parents alike!
MIND BODY SKILL, A Journey to Swimming Excellence: Olympic Coach Nick Baker has just released his sixth book – the newest addition in his Swimmer Series collection – titled Mind Body Skill, A Journey to Swimming Excellence. Coach Baker challenges swimmers to create change in a BIG WAY to achieve the results they desire! A swimmer who improves their mental outlook can enhance their level of swimming performance to one degree or another. The same holds true for technique and fitness. But when a swimmer focuses on boosting all three at once, the paradigm shifts and EXCELLENCE happens! Coach Baker states, “To thrive and survive in the demanding sport of swimming, a swimmer must become the ‘driver of their dream’ and push for exponential growth no matter what the circumstances!” Price: $20.00
ARE YOU WORTH IT? 45 Ways To Enhance Your Self-Worth In Swimming: Olympic Coach Nick Baker has added another gem to his motivational Swimmers' Series. Among all the factors that determine successfully reaching your swimming goals, self-worth is the single most influential. You must first feel important before you can achieve important things in your swimming life. This superb book teaches how to build that feeling and find the inner "magic" that lies within you. Paperback: 132 pages. Price: $20.00
UN-LIMIT YOURSELF! A Must-Read for Serious Swimmers: NEW! The latest book by Olympic Coach Nick Baker is dedicated to serious swimmers striving for peak performance. This tremendous how-to pocket guide identifies 17 limiting factors that handicap swimming performance and how to overcome them. If identified early, these factors are within the swimmer’s power to change! Paperback. 52 pages. Price: $15.00
THE SWIMMING TRIANGLE: Coach Nick Baker’s most popular book is an innovative and essential guide to achieving superior mental, technical, and physical fitness in one of the world’s greatest sports. Whether you’re a coach or a swimmer, 1992 Olympic Coach Nick Baker’s wholly integrated approach can help you maximize your true potential. In this book Coach Baker offers proven, results-oriented methods for gaining—and keeping—a competitive edge! Paperback. 326 pages. Price: $25.00
101 WINNING WAYS: Written by Olympic Coach Nick Baker, this motivational book identifies 101 winning attitudes common to all great, world-class swimmers. Each winning attitude is described with an easy-to-remember phrase and simple imagery to enhance visualization. It’s a must-read for swimmers of all ages! Price: $15.00
IN THE KNOW: A SWIM PARENT'S GUIDE: Olympic Coach Nick Baker shares pearls of wisdom gleaned from coaching for more than forty years and provides parents with essential inside swimming knowledge geared to maximizing their child’s swimming experience. Coach Baker sheds light on many unanswered questions parents have about swimming, and guides them in making the right decisions for their child. Paperback. 124 pages. Price: $20.00
LIAM THE LION: An Inspirational Story About a Boy’s Struggles and His Path to Swimming Victory!: In his newest book 𝘓𝘪𝘢𝘮 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘓𝘪𝘰𝘯, Olympic Coach Nick Baker details the life of a young swimmer who’s intense love for swimming trumps all. Although Liam endures difficult times along the way, his courage and conviction lead him to ultimate victory. His story is the perfect antidote for those who find themselves facing overwhelming odds. The book’s positive message will leave the reader filled with newfound hope and inspiration. Paperback. 58 pages. Price: $15.00
DAY 1: Saturday 12:00 PM – 5:00 PM
DAY 2: Sunday 1:00 PM – 5:00 PM
DAY 3: Monday 9:00 AM – 3:00 PM
The daily curriculum includes two in-water training sessions and motivational mental skills training. The combined PEAK experience toughens swimmers mentally, boosts fitness and confidence, and improves essential swimming skills.
Saw Mill Club East
Campers train each day at Saw Mill Club East located at 333 N. Bedford Road, Mount Kisco, NY 10549.
Camp Questions & Answers
Where can I find the Health & Release Form?
In order for a swimmer to participate in the camp, the mandatory Health & Release Form must be completed, signed, and turned in BEFORE the camp commences. The Health & Release Form can be found at - secure.ussportscamps.com/welcome
How do I schedule a private coaching session at camp?
There are a very limited number of private coaching sessions available during the winter swim clinics at the Saw Mill Club East. These are offered first-come, first-serve at Camp Check-In. If you would like to place your name on the waitlist in advance, please email us at [email protected].
Hourly private coaching sessions with a PEAK Senior Coach are $225.00. Sessions with Head Coach Nick Baker are $300.00. Please note that Private Coaching sessions are scheduled around the coaches’ availability (between the hours of 7:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m.) and may be subject to change due to weather and/or pool conditions.
How are swimmers grouped at camp?
Lane assignments will be based on your best 100 Free time. We will ask you to email us your best 100 Free time when we send out the registration packet before camp. If you do not submit the correct time, then there is a strong chance that you will be placed in the wrong lane, and will not fully benefit from the clinic training. Thank you for your assistance!
She liked getting the feedback
My daughter loved swim camp! Every text and conversation she was so excited about what she was learning and how she can improve her stokes. She came home very happy and excited about her experience
— Parent of Attendee from a Similar Camp in 2022
Best coach ever!
February 25, 2018: Dear Coach Nick, I am so happy!!! I qualified for Zones this weekend and dropped time in all my events. My biggest drops were 14.69 seconds in my 100 butterfly, 5.92 seconds in my 100 breaststroke, 7.55 seconds in my 100 backstroke, and 1.4 seconds in my 50 breaststroke. You would have been very proud of me for holding my technique. The talks we had were so important to me. You are always on my mind giving me the confidence to go on no matter how tired I am. You are the best coach ever. I can’t wait to see you soon at the Boston Summer Camp.
— Brian R. Camper
See you again soon!
February 27, 2017: Coach Nick and Staff, We just want to tell you what a great experience our son had at the Westchester Starts & Strokes Clinic this past February. The clinic happened to be a couple of weeks before CT Regionals and he had best times in EVERY event. He looked great, his starts were much quicker, and despite having just moved up an age group, he placed in every event he raced! We'll see you all again soon!
— Steven S. Parent
Such a positive force!
February 22, 2017: Dear Coach Nick, we can’t thank you enough for being such a positive force in our daughter’s life. You have motivated her, trained her, and made it possible for her to achieve as she has. The most important is that she knows that you only expect the best from her. Thank you for all that you do.
— Barbara M. Parent
February 21, 2017: We are most impressed by the quality of the swim camp. Coach Nick and his team are not only excellent coaches, they are also caring and encouraging. Many swimmers hit a plateau in their training. It’s difficult to move forward without knowing the problem and how to correct it. Coach Nick and his staff spotted the areas our daughter needs to improve and helped her to correct them. We would like to thank Coach Nick and team for the excellent experience our daughter had.
— Dave D. Parent
March 3, 2016: Just attended the Westchester clinic at the Saw Mill Club. Coach Baker is amazing! Greatest coach I’ve ever met. Incredibly skilled at his craft and very humble. I’m currently reading his book. I wish there were more coaches like him.
— Jessica M. Camper
February 26, 2016: My daughter attended the camp in Westchester over the long weekend and LOVED it. She said the work was hard but good and the instruction great, because “they show us what to do, not just tell us.” We will definitely be coming back!
— Tim G. Parent
camp was great!
February 24, 2015: Thank you for the care, knowledge, and support you have given to my daughter. Both of us believe that her achievements over the years are mainly due to your teaching. As always your camp was great and you were an inspiration to her. Thank you!
— Mike G. Parent
SECURE YOUR SPOT – CAMPS SELL OUT!
Last year over 650 Sports Camps sold out, leaving 7,000+ campers on the waitlist. Due to high demand, early registration for our first-come-first-serve camps is strongly recommended.