Charleston Nike Tennis Camp at Wild Dunes Resort
Improve your game and have serious fun
at Nike Tennis Camps
The Nike Tennis Camp at Wild Dunes Resort offers day camps for kids of all abilities. Held just outside of Charleston, the award-winning tennis courts at Wild Dunes Resort is a beautiful location for junior tennis players in South Carolina to improve their game this summer.
Come enjoy the South Carolina coastline in the Isle of Palms and train with veteran Nike Tennis Camps Director Phil Whitesell.
- Instruction from Tennis Professional Phil Whitesell, and his experienced staff
- 5-6 hours daily tennis instruction; low camper to staff ratio
- Training at the award-winning Wild Dunes Resort tennis courts
- Campers receive a Nike Tennis Camps t-shirt and prizes!
- View More Details ⟩
Camp Director Phil Whitesell
Phil Whitesell is the returning Camp Director of the Nike Tennis Camp and former Women’s professional tennis coach on WTA Tour. He most notably coached Brenda-Schultz McCarthy, a top 10 WTA tour and Meredith McGrath Semi-Finalist at Wimbledon.View Phil Whitesell's Bio & Tennis Tips ⟩
He is a three time NCAA Division I tennis team champion at The University of Southern Cal and currently coaches local Charleston juniors and adults as a tennis pro at a private community in Mt. Pleasant.
Tennis Tips by Phil Whitesell:
TO BE ANNOUNCED
We offer Day only (1:00pm-6:00pm) camps for boys and girls, ages 8-18, with All Skills & Tournament Training programs.
All sessions are open to players of all abilities unless otherwise noted. Upon arrival, all participants are evaluated by the staff so that their own instructional needs can be addressed throughout the week.
- All Skills Program: The All Skills program is designed for tennis players of any skill level and background. Campers will learn fundamentals and improve upon their game.
- Tournament Training Program: The Tournament Training program is geared towards tournament level and ranked players looking to improve their tournament results, learn winning strategies, and work on mental toughness.
- Check-in: Campers should arrive on Monday at 12:45pm at the tennis courts
- Check-out: Campers depart each day at 6:00pm
- Day Camp Program: Monday-Friday 1:00pm-6:00pm
WHAT'S INCLUDED IN THE FEE?
- Instruction: 4-5 hours of daily tennis training
- Supervision: Staff members participate in all activities
- Camp T-shirt: All campers receive a Nike Tennis Camps t-shirt and prizes!
- Lunch is not provided. Please bring a lunch and snacks each day.
INSTRUCTION, EQUIPMENT, & FACILITY
- Ratio: 5:1 camper to coach ratio
- Groupings: Campers are grouped by age, ability, and experience
- Equipment Needed: All campers must bring a tennis racquet, tennis shoes and a water bottle
- Facility: The Award-Winning Tennis Courts at Wild Dunes Resort, 17 Har-Tru courts - including a stadium court - and light five of them for night play
- Medical Protocol: Most camps have an athletic trainer on-site to help with illness or injury. In case of an emergency, campers will be transported to the nearest hospital
HEALTH & RELEASE FORMS
All registered campers are required to have a parent or legal guardian fill out US Sports Camps’ mandatory Health & Release Forms online before arrival at camp. This camp does NOT require a doctor's signature on the forms.
CAMP INFORMATION PACKET
A detailed Camp Information Packet containing check-in location and address, on-site staff contact information, a checklist of things to bring, site-specific forms, and more will be emailed to all registered campers prior to camp. To check if your Camp Information Packet is ready, click here.
COVID-19 SAFETY & REGULATIONS
For more information on our Covid-19 safety procedures and regulations, please visit https://www.ussportscamps.com/covid-safety.
CAMP INFORMATION PACKET
A detailed camper information packet containing check in location, health/release forms, emergency contact info, and a list of things to bring will be emailed to all registered campers in the Spring. Our health and release forms do not require a doctor's signature and they will be collected on the first day of camp.
Camp Code: TNXRCCShow Less See More Camp Details
I am amazed
SECURE YOUR SPOT – CAMPS SELL OUT!
Last year over 650 Sports Camps sold out, leaving 7,000+ campers on the waitlist. Due to high demand, early registration for our first-come-first-serve camps is strongly recommended.