Charleston Nike Tennis Camp at Wild Dunes Resort
Improve your game and have serious fun
at Nike Tennis Camps
The Nike Tennis Camp at Wild Dunes Resort offers day camps for kids of all abilities. Held just outside of Charleston, the award-winning tennis courts at Wild Dunes Resort is a beautiful location for junior tennis players in South Carolina to improve their game this summer.
Come enjoy the South Carolina coastline in the Isle of Palms and train with veteran Nike Tennis Camps Director Phil Whitesell.
- Instruction from Tennis Professional Phil Whitesell, and his experienced staff
- 5-6 hours daily tennis instruction; low camper to staff ratio
- Training at the award-winning Wild Dunes Resort tennis courts
- Campers receive a Nike Tennis Camps t-shirt and prizes!
- View More Details ⟩
Camp Director Phil Whitesell
Phil Whitesell is the returning Camp Director of the Nike Tennis Camp and former Women’s professional tennis coach on WTA Tour. He most notably coached Brenda-Schultz McCarthy, a top 10 WTA tour and Meredith McGrath Semi-Finalist at Wimbledon.View Phil Whitesell's Bio & Tennis Tips ⟩
He is a three time NCAA Division I tennis team champion at The University of Southern Cal and currently coaches local Charleston juniors and adults as a tennis pro at a private community in Mt. Pleasant.
Tennis Tips by Phil Whitesell:
TO BE ANNOUNCED
We offer Day only (1:00pm-6:00pm) camps for boys and girls, ages 8-18, with All Skills & Tournament Training programs.
All sessions are open to players of all abilities unless otherwise noted. Upon arrival, all participants are evaluated by the staff so that their own instructional needs can be addressed throughout the week.
- All Skills Program: The All Skills program is designed for tennis players of any skill level and background. Campers will learn fundamentals and improve upon their game.
- Tournament Training Program: The Tournament Training program is geared towards tournament level and ranked players looking to improve their tournament results, learn winning strategies, and work on mental toughness.
- Check-in: Campers should arrive on Monday at 12:45pm at the tennis courts
- Check-out: Campers depart each day at 6:00pm
- Day Camp Program: Monday-Friday 1:00pm-6:00pm
WHAT'S INCLUDED IN THE FEE?
- Instruction: 4-5 hours of daily tennis training
- Supervision: Staff members participate in all activities
- Camp T-shirt: All campers receive a Nike Tennis Camps t-shirt and prizes!
- Lunch is not provided. Please bring a lunch and snacks each day.
INSTRUCTION, EQUIPMENT, & FACILITY
- Ratio: 5:1 camper to coach ratio
- Groupings: Campers are grouped by age, ability, and experience
- Equipment Needed: All campers must bring a tennis racquet, tennis shoes and a water bottle
- Facility: The Award-Winning Tennis Courts at Wild Dunes Resort, 17 Har-Tru courts - including a stadium court - and light five of them for night play
- Medical Protocol: Most camps have an athletic trainer on-site to help with illness or injury. In case of an emergency, campers will be transported to the nearest hospital
HEALTH & RELEASE FORMS
All registered campers are required to have a parent or legal guardian fill out US Sports Camps’ mandatory Health & Release Forms online before arrival at camp. This camp does NOT require a doctor's signature on the forms.
CAMP INFORMATION PACKET
A detailed Camp Information Packet containing check-in location and address, on-site staff contact information, a checklist of things to bring, site-specific forms, and more will be emailed to all registered campers prior to camp. To check if your Camp Information Packet is ready, click here.
COVID-19 SAFETY & REGULATIONS
For more information on our Covid-19 safety procedures and regulations, please visit https://www.ussportscamps.com/covid-safety.
CAMP INFORMATION PACKET
A detailed camper information packet containing check in location, health/release forms, emergency contact info, and a list of things to bring will be emailed to all registered campers in the Spring. Our health and release forms do not require a doctor's signature and they will be collected on the first day of camp.
Camp Code: TNXRCCShow Less See More Camp Details
Camp ReviewsSubmit a review
Overall Average RatingStars
We'll definitely attend again!
July 3, 2021: My kids had a great time and learned a lot. Will definitely attend again! Keep Up the good work, the staff was amazing!
— Leigh C., Parent
July 3, 2021: He enjoyed camp very much. The weather was not always agreeable but that is not your fault. The staff were well organized and very helpful
— Julia C., Parent
Great campers and staff
The highlight was learning tennis and being around great campers and staff.
— Alicia C. - Parent
the staff helped him with his forehand
June 22, 2019: Our son really enjoyed the staff helping him to add pace to his forehand
— Christopher S. - Parent
Felt that she improved
July 06, 2017: My daughter is not a true lover of tennis and I made her go to the camp but she did enjoy her week at camp and felt that she improved.
— Stephanie K. Parent
Will be back next year
July 06, 2017: My daughter is 9 years old and had such a great time. She never once complained about the heat and constant sun - she had such a great time and really improved her skills. My only recommendation is to find shadier courts which is impossible to do! Thanks to Phil and team for a tremendous week, we will be back next year.
— Kate L. - Parent
Enjoyed the one on one coaching
July 07, 2017: He really enjoyed the one on one coaching. He also was not able to play in the tournament because of a sprained ankle. We will be back next year!!
— Ashley R. - Parent
July 06, 2017: My son was excited about the tips he received to improve his serve. The challenge matches are a great. Suggest having more levels (4 instead of 3). The middle group had the most kids from what I could tell and I think the upper and lower segments of that group would have benefited from another level mixed in.
— Amy O. - Parent
so much fun
July 09, 2016: I enjoyed my week in Charleston SC. Everyone involved was great! I had an awesome time, so much fun!
— Michael S. - Camper
7/6/2016 - Enjoyable and instructive!
— Andrew D. - Camper
should start camp earlier
7/1/2016 - Starting the camp an hour early would prevent playing in the late afternoon. In Charleston especially, it allows the children to play when it is cooler.
— Alexa V. - Parent
Phil Whitesell is fantastic
7/23/2014 - Phil Whitesell is fantastic!
— Julie H. - Parent
had a great time at camp
8/8/2013 - My son had a great time at this camp. He is planning on coming two weeks next year!!
— Sarah B. - Parent
8/7/2013 - The staff were very helpful, friendly and great with the kids. It was a very positive experience for my daughter. Highly recommend!
— Stephanie G. - Parent
Phil Whitesell and staff were fantastic
7/25/2013 - Loved it. Phil Whitesell and staff were fantastic. Will do it again next year. thank you.
— Julie H. - Camper
I learned a lot
7/5/2013 - Coach Phil is an excellent coach. I learned a lot from him during the camp. Will be back next year!
— Susan B. - Camper
Camp Dates & Prices
New Camp Dates Coming Soon!
Please join the Priority List to be notified when this program opens for 2023 registrations.