Martha’s Vineyard Nike Tennis Camp
Improve your game and have serious fun
at Nike Tennis Camps
This Massachusetts tennis camp in Martha's Vineyard offers day camps for kids of all skill levels, with a high school program certain weeks. Come join the fun and get better at one of the top summer camps in Martha's Vineyard!
The Martha's Vineyard Nike Tennis Camp is a great place for kids to enjoy their summer while working on their tennis game through technical tennis instruction and drilling from a top notch coaching staff and supervised match play.
- Instruction from tennis pros Connie McHugh & Eric Pease and their expert staff
- 5-6 hours training daily; 6:1 student to teacher ratio
- All Skills and High School Tennis Training Programs
- View More Details ⟩
Camp Director Connie McHugh
Connie McHugh has been teaching Tennis for 36 years! “Tennis is a life time sport for all ages and abilities. It’s fabulous that my job includes playing everyday.” -Connie McHughView Connie McHugh's Bio & Tennis Tips ⟩
Connie is USTPTA pro certified since 1986, Serving on the USTPTA New England Board and coach of the Martha’s Vineyard Regional High school girls team, who have been conference champions each year.
“I had not played tennis in 20 years and had low expectations. Connie is one of the best coaches. She tries one approach and if it don’t get it, she tries another. I’m a tennis player again!”
“Passion! That’s what I look for in an instructor. Connie has it. For teaching the game, playing the game, watching the game. Combine that with her eagle eye, extreme likeability, and lots of patience….you can’t lose.”
Owner Chesca’s Restaurant
“Connie is always a pleasure to be with on court. She teaches in a way that is easy to understand, implement, and execute.”
Martha’s Vineyard High School Girls Tennis Team
Tennis Tips by Connie McHugh:
We offer Full Day camps that run Monday-Friday, from 9:00am-3:00pm, for kids ages 9-18, with All Skills and High School programs.
2018 Camp Dates and Offerings
- July 9-13
- July 16-20
- July 23-27
- July 30-August 3
- August 6-10 (+ High School)
Camp Program Offerings
All sessions are open to players of all abilities. Upon arrival, all participants are evaluated by the staff so that their own instructional needs can be addressed throughout the week.
All Skills Program
The All Skills program is designed for tennis players of any skill level and background. Campers will learn fundamentals and improve upon their game.
High School Progam
The High School Program is intended for campers currently on their high school team and wanting to climb the ladder, or those with aspirations of making their high school team.
All Campers: 8:45am on Monday
All Campers: 2:30pm on Friday
Daily Program Schedule
Camp runs 9:00am to 3:00pm, Monday-Thursday and 9:00am to 2:30pm on Friday.
On Tuesdays and Thursdays, a bus will pick everyone up at 12:00pm and transport them to the state beach where they will eat lunch, relax and enjoy the water at the beach until pick-up at 3:00pm. There will be supervision!
Campers should bring their own lunch.
Campers play at 5 outdoor courts at Martha’s Vineyard Regional HS, and 2 indoor courts at Airport Fitness Center.
A detailed camper registration packet containing check in location, health/release forms, emergency contact info, and a list of things to bring will be emailed to all registered campers in the Spring. Our health and release forms do not require a doctor's signature and they will be collected on the first day of camp.
Tips to take your tennis game to the next level from your very own, Eric Pease!
1. The three ups on s serve, ( tossing arm up , head up , reach up) 2. Hit the ball at the highest point you can make contact with the ball 3." Catchy phrase by Eric Pease", For back hand . Bend and extend!
Bend knees, extend both arms
4. Dip and Rip, dip racquet head and rip through the ball 5. "Lock load step exploded " lock hands by hips , load legs and expload hips shoulders , body through the ball!
6. Keep your wrist loose when you hit a serve or overhead, may practice with pinky finger off the handle !
7. When playing doubles approach up the middle, singles down the line, high percentage tennis 8. Let your miss hits be your winners ! If you aim ten feet from line and miss target by nine feet you have a winner, or ball up the middle!
Sample Daily Schedule
- 9:00am-9:20am Warm-Up and Activation
- 9:20am-10:40am Stroke of the Day Demo and Court Drills
- 10:40am-Noon Video Analysis and Match Play
- Noon-1:00pm Lunch
- 1:00pm-2:00pm Court Drills and Nutritional/Sports Medicine Workshop
- 2:00pm-3:00pm Match Play and Conditioning
- 3:00pm Day Campers depart