Nike Tennis Camp at DePauw University
Improve your game and have serious fun
at Nike Tennis Camps
Welcome to the Nike Tennis Camp at DePauw University! Your camper will have the opportunity to meet and learn the sport from current DePauw Tennis Assistant Men's and Women's coach Logan Snyder. We encourage all of our campers to learn and develop the skills needed to play the game of tennis as well as improve their point play abilities. Our goals are to create a positive competitive environment, emphasize good sportsmanship, and learn what it means be great teammates while having fun at the same time.
This junior tennis camp is designed for boys and girls, ages 7-18, of all skill levels to improve their tennis game, work hard, make new friends and have a lot of fun!
Camp Director Logan Snyder
Coach Logan Snyder joins the DePauw tennis program as the Assistant Men's and Women's Tennis Coach. He was previously an assistant coach for the Butler University men's tennis program. Prior to Butler, he was a teaching professional at the Indianapolis Racquet Club. At Concordia University in Wisconsin, Snyder was an ITA Scholar-Athlete in 2022 as well as a three-time all-conference player in both singles and doubles. He was the conference player of the year in 2021 and a two-time team captain (2021 and 2022). Snyder has the best single-season doubles record and the best career-winning percentage in doubles in CUW tennis history. Snyder is a member of the Franklin Community High School Athletic Hall of Fame. He was selected for the All-District Team and the All-State team in 2017. In 2018, he was selected to the Indiana Senior All-Star Team. Snyder graduated from Concordia with a degree in exercise science, which included a minor in psychology.
2024 CAMP DATES
- June 10-14 (Day Only)
- June 17-21 (Day & Overnight)
- July 8-12 (Day Only)
We offer Full Day (8:00am-3:00pm) and Overnight Camp (ages 10+) options that run Monday-Friday. This camp is offered for campers of all skill levels and for ages 7-18.
All sessions are open to players of all abilities unless otherwise noted. All participants are evaluated by the staff so that their own instructional needs can be addressed throughout the week.
- All Skills Program: The All Skills program is designed for tennis players of any skill level and background. Campers will learn fundamentals and improve upon their game.
- Check-in: All campers Monday at 8:00am
- Check-out: Graduation at 11:30am at the tennis courts for all campers on the final day of camp. Parents are invited to attend! Check-out immediately follows at 12:00pm.
- Day Camp Schedule: Monday-Thursday 8:00am-3:00pm, Friday 8:00am-12:00pm
WHAT'S INCLUDED IN THE FEE?
- Instruction: Daily tennis training, morning and afternoon sessions
- Overnight campers: Dormitory housing on campus and all meals are provided
- Supervision: Staff members reside in rooms strategically placed throughout the dorm to provide optimal supervision and participate in all activities
- Camp T-shirt & Prizes: All campers receive a Nike Tennis Camps t-shirt and prizes
- Day Campers: Lunch is not provided. Day campers will need to bring their own lunches.
- Overnight Campers: All meals are included for Overnight campers
INSTRUCTION, EQUIPMENT, & FACILITY
- Ratio: 6:1 camper-to-coach ratio
- Groupings: Campers are grouped by age, ability, and experience
- Equipment Needed: All campers must bring a tennis racquet, tennis shoes, and a water bottle
- Facility: The outdoor tennis complex consists of 8 courts. The outdoor tennis complex is directly adjacent to the indoor tennis facility. There are 6 indoor courts.
- Inclement Weather Plan: In the case of heavy rain or lightning we will move camp to the indoor courts
- Medical Protocol: Most camps have an athletic trainer on-site to help with illness or injury. In case of an emergency, campers will be transported to the nearest hospital
- Dorm: TBD
- Number of Campers per Room: TBD
- Roommates: Rooms are assigned by age & roommate requests. Roommate requests must be mutual and received no later than 14 days before the start of camp. If you don't have a roommate request, you will be placed in a room with someone near your age. It will be a great opportunity to meet someone new!
- Linens: Bed linens are NOT provided. Please bring Twin XL-sized sheets or a sleeping bag, blanket, towel, facecloth, and pillow.
- Air Conditioning: The dorms do NOT have A/C. Campers are encouraged to bring a fan.
- Dining Hall Information: TBD
- Evening Activities: Evening activities may include pickleball, movie night, game/trivia night, pool time, talent show, etc.
- Weekend Stayover: Not offered at this location
Nike Tennis Camps do not provide transportation to/from camp from the airports, train stations, or bus depots.
PREPARE FOR CAMP: COMPLETE YOUR PRE-CAMP CHECKLIST
To view your customer account, complete your mandatory forms, pay balance dues, and review important camp information, visit Pre-Camp Checklist. All necessary camp information is on this page. If there are any imperative changes prior to camp start, registered campers will be notified via email and this webpage will be updated!
CHECKLIST OF THINGS TO BRING
Below is a suggested list of clothes, equipment, and personal items. US Sports Camps is NOT responsible for lost or stolen articles or money.
- Athletic, on-court tennis clothing
- Tennis Racquet(s) (2 minimum)
- Tennis shoes (no running shoes)
- Sweatshirt/warm-up jacket and pants
- Water bottle*
- Signed Health & Release forms and waivers (forms completed online do not need to be printed and turned in at camp)
OVERNIGHT CAMPERS ONLY:
- Athletic clothing mentioned above (1-2 pairs/day)
- Comfortable off-court clothing (pants/shorts, t-shirts, sweatshirts 1 pair/day)
- Undergarments (1-2pair/day)
- Swimsuit and towel (subject to change)
- Shower flip flops
- Toiletries (shampoo, conditioner, body wash, face wash, hairbrush, toothbrush, toothpaste, deodorant, etc.)
- Personal items & medications
- Washcloth and bath towel
- Fan (optional)
- Bed sheets (linens not provided, please bring Twin XL Sheets)
- Pillow/pillow case
- Alarm clock
For information regarding our cancellation policy and all other company policies, please visit USSC Policies.
NIKE TENNIS CAMP FAQ
For general questions about our tennis camps please see our FAQ page
Maximize your camp experience with SwingVision, an iPhone app that provides the following benefits when you record your play: watch a full match in 20 minutes with the dead-time automatically removed, view stats like shot placement, court positioning, shot speed, and consistency for each shot type, filter to particular shot or point types and easily create highlight videos of certain points or shots, access video analysis, and stats immediately after you finish recording, all on unlimited cloud storage.
CAMP CODE: TNXDPU
SECURE YOUR SPOT – CAMPS SELL OUT!
Last year over 650 Sports Camps sold out, leaving 7,000+ campers on the waitlist. Due to high demand, early registration for our first-come-first-serve camps is strongly recommended.