Nike Tennis Camp at XS Tennis
Improve your game and have serious fun
at Nike Tennis Camps
Nike Tennis Camps is excited to team up with XS Tennis in Chicago, IL! Join us this summer at one of the best tennis facilities in the Midwest and receive tennis instruction from Pro Coach, Kamau Murray, and his team. XS Tennis Village is a state-of-the-art facility equipped with 27 tennis courts; 12 indoor courts, 11 outdoor hard courts, and 4 outdoor clay courts.
This tennis camp will be full of instruction, drills, and competitive play and it is geared toward players looking to take their tennis game to the next level. There will be designated weeks offered for All Skills and High School campers.
- Instruction from Pro Coach, Kamau Murray and his experienced team
- Training at top Midwest facility
- Low camper to coach ratio
- Campers recevie Nike Tennis Camp T-Shirt and prizes
- View More Details ⟩
Camp Director Kamau Murray
Kamau Murray started playing tennis in the parks in Chicago. He received a tennis scholarship to Florida A&M University where he also served as a Graduate Assistant Coach. He has worked in corporate America for 10 years while also leading XS Tennis. He has taught students of all ages. He is only the 3rd African American to coach a Pro to a Grand Slam Title (US Open). He is a WTA Gold Coach and Runner up for 2018 WTA Coach of the year.
2024 CAMP DATES
- July 22-26 (All Skills)
- July 29-August 2 (High School)
- August 12-16 (All Skills)
All sessions are open to players of all abilities unless otherwise noted. All participants are evaluated by the staff so that their own instructional needs can be addressed throughout the week.
There will be a 1.5 hour evaluation session after check-in. Campers will then be sorted by ability first, then age. Adjustments will be made as needed during camp.
- All Skills Program: The All Skills program is designed for tennis players of any skill level and background. Campers will learn fundamentals and improve upon their game.
- High School Program: The High School Program is provided for any and all players currently on their high school team and wanting to move up the ladder or those planning on making the high school team.
- Check-in: All campers check in at 9:00am on Monday
- Check-out: Campers will check out at 4:00 each day
- Camper Schedule: Monday-Friday 9:00am-4:00pm
Lunch is not provided. Campers will need to bring their own food and drinks each day.
WHAT'S INCLUDED IN THE FEE?
- Instruction: 5-6 hours of daily tennis training, morning and afternoon sessions
- Supervision: Staff members participate in all activities
- Camp T-shirt: All campers receive a Nike Tennis Camps t-shirt
INSTRUCTION, EQUIPMENT & FACILITY
- Ratio: 5:1 camper-to-coach ratio
- Groupings: Campers are grouped by age, ability, and experience. There will be 1.5-hour evaluation on the first day of camp after check-in. From there, we will separate players based on ability first, followed by age if necessary. Adjustments can be made during camp.
- Equipment Needed: All campers must bring a tennis racquet, tennis shoes and a water bottle.
- Facility: XS Tennis Village facilities - 27 total courts, 12 indoor, 11 outdoor hard courts, 4 outdoor clay courts
- Inclement Weather Plan: Indoor courts available if needed
- Medical Protocol: Most camps have an athletic trainer on-site to help with illness or injury. In case of an emergency, campers will be transported to the nearest hospital.
PREPARE FOR CAMP: COMPLETE YOUR PRE-CAMP CHECKLIST
To view your customer account, complete your mandatory forms, pay balance dues, and review important camp information, visit Pre-Camp Checklist. All necessary camp information is on this page. If there are any imperative changes prior to camp start, registered campers will be notified via email and this webpage will be updated!
CHECKLIST OF THINGS TO BRING
Below is a suggested list of clothes, equipment, and personal items. US Sports Camps is NOT responsible for lost or stolen articles or money.
- Athletic, on-court tennis clothing
- Tennis Racquet(s)
- Tennis shoes (no running shoes)
- Sweatshirt/warm-up jacket and pants
- Water bottle*
- Signed Health & Release forms and waivers (forms completed online do not need to be printed and turned in at camp)
For information regarding our cancellation policy and all other company policies, please visit USSC Policies.
NIKE TENNIS CAMP FAQ
For general questions about our tennis camps please see our FAQ page
Maximize your camp experience with SwingVision, an iPhone app that provides the following benefits when you record your play: watch a full match in 20 minutes with the dead-time automatically removed, view stats like shot placement, court positioning, shot speed, and consistency for each shot type, filter to particular shot or point types and easily create highlight videos of certain points or shots, access video analysis, and stats immediately after you finish recording, all on unlimited cloud storage.
Camp Code: TNXDXS
July 18, 2023: Getting to meet new people. Living in the dorm. New skills learned. Extra activities after sessions. Guest speakers & class sessions.
August 12, 2023: My daughter learned to work and train with older kids, and she made new friendships.
August 5, 2023: It was great! Misha is ready for her school team now. Thank you!
thoroughly enjoyed this camp
SECURE YOUR SPOT – CAMPS SELL OUT!
Last year over 650 Sports Camps sold out, leaving 7,000+ campers on the waitlist. Due to high demand, early registration for our first-come-first-serve camps is strongly recommended.