Nike Tennis Camp at Principia Upper School
Improve your game and have serious fun
at Nike Tennis Camps
Join us as Coach Campbell offers a unique and exciting opportunity to play at Principia Upper School. This Nike Tennis Camp just outside St. Louis, Missouri, offers full day and half-day camp options for kids of all skill levels.
Camp at Principia Upper School gives each camper a positive learning environment to enhance their skills, foster teamwork, self-confidence and good sportsmanship.
- Instruction from top tennis professional Jess Campbell and her expert staff
- Daily sessions for beginners and intermediate-advanced players
- Low camper to coach ratio
- All campers receive a Nike Sports Camp t-shirt and prizes
- View More Details ⟩
Camp Director Jess Campbell
Director of Tennis Development, USPTA, PTR 10U certified & STL Wheelchair Coach. 14th year at Creve Coeur Racquet Club (2022).View Jess's Bio ⟩
- 14th year at Creve Coeur Racquet Club (2022).USPTA certified P1 pro and PTR certified in 10+Under tennis for ages 4-10. Works with ages 3+up.
- 8th year directing Nike Tennis Camps (previously hosted at Dwight Davis Tennis Center).
- Director and fundraiser for Gerber Wheelchair Tennis Program and NJTL Summer Camp outreach programs.
- Board member of the Gateway Confluence Wheelchair Tennis Foundation. Teaches students of all ages and skill levels including wheelchair & adaptive athletes.
- Teaches private lessons, semi-private lessons, clinics and private camps.
2023 CAMP DATES
- June 12-16
- June 26-30
- July 10-14
- July 24-28
We offer Full Day and Half Day Camp for players ages 5-18, of all ability levels. All sessions are open to players of all abilities unless otherwise noted. Upon arrival, all participants are evaluated by the staff so that their own instructional needs can be addressed throughout the week.
- All Skills Program: The All Skills program is designed for tennis players of any skill level and background. Campers will learn fundamentals and improve upon their game.
- Check-in: All campers Monday 8:30am at the tennis courts.
- Check-out: Graduation is at 12:00pm on Friday at the tennis courts, parents are invited to attend!
- Full Day Camp Schedule: Monday-Friday 9:00am-4:00pm
- Half Day Camp Schedule: Monday-Friday 9:00am-12:00pm
Meals are NOT included. Full Day Campers must bring their own lunch. Half Day Campers depart at 12:00pm (lunchtime). All campers should a water bottle and snacks.
WHAT'S INCLUDED IN THE FEE?
- Instruction: Daily tennis training
- Supervision: Staff members participate in all activities
- Camp T-shirt & Prizes: All campers receive a Nike Tennis Camps t-shirt and prizes
INSTRUCTION, EQUIPMENT & FACILITY
- Ratio: 5:1 camper to coach ratio
- Groupings: Campers are grouped by age, ability, and experience
- Equipment Needed: All campers must bring a tennis racquet, tennis shoes and a water bottle
- Facility: Principia Upper School's 6 outdoor tennis courts
- Parking: Use the West entrance by the athletic fields and tennis courts (visible from Clayton Rd.). Park next to Carey Field House for pick up and drop off.
- Medical Protocol: Most camps have an athletic trainer on-site to help with illness or injury. In case of an emergency, campers will be transported to the nearest hospital
PREPARE FOR CAMP: COMPLETE YOUR PRE-CAMP CHECKLIST
To view your customer account, complete your mandatory forms, pay balance dues, and review important camp information, visit Pre-Camp Checklist. All necessary camp information is on this page. If there are any imperative changes prior to camp start, registered campers will be notified via email and this webpage will be updated!
CHECKLIST OF THINGS TO BRING
Below is a suggested list of clothes, equipment, and personal items. US Sports Camps is NOT responsible for lost or stolen articles or money.
Athletic, on-court tennis clothing
Tennis shoes (no running shoes)
Sweatshirt/warm-up jacket and pants
Signed Health & Release forms and waivers (forms completed online do not need to be printed and turned in at camp)
For information regarding our cancellation policy and all other company policies, please visit USSC Policies.
NIKE TENNIS CAMP FAQ
For general questions about our tennis camps please see our FAQ page
Maximize your camp experience with SwingVision, an iPhone app that provides the following benefits when you record your play: watch a full match in 20 minutes with the dead-time automatically removed, view stats like shot placement, court positioning, shot speed, and consistency for each shot type, filter to particular shot or point types and easily create highlight videos of certain points or shots, access video analysis, and stats immediately after you finish recording, all on unlimited cloud storage.
Camp Code: TNXDDDShow Less See More Camp Details
Sample Daily Schedule
- 9:00am Stretching and Warm Up, Stroke of the Day
- 9:30am Drilling and point play
- 12:00pm Morning Half Day Campers Depart
- 12:45pm Afternoon Half Day Campers Arrive
- 1:00pm Match play and Competitive Drills
- 2:30pm Games/contests
- 4:00 pm Depart
July 19, 2023: My daughter came home with a smile on her face,everyday, despite the heat! She gained so much confidence in her skills and it has showed in her everyday playing.
August 14, 2023: Jess is an exceptional trainer. The fact that she is a lefty is a plus.
My son's first overnight camp experience was excellent.
SECURE YOUR SPOT – CAMPS SELL OUT!
Last year over 650 Sports Camps sold out, leaving 7,000+ campers on the waitlist. Due to high demand, early registration for our first-come-first-serve camps is strongly recommended.