Nike Tennis Camp at Dwight Davis Memorial Tennis Center
Improve your game and have serious fun
at Nike Tennis Camps
The Dwight Davis Memorial Tennis Center is a junior tennis camp in Missouri with full day and half day camp options for kids. These summer tennis camps in St. Louis offer programs for all skill levels.
Nike Tennis Camp at Dwight Davis Memorial Tennis Center gives each camper a positive learning environment to enhance their skills, foster teamwork, self-confidence and good sportsmanship.
- Instruction from top tennis professionals, Jess Campbell Batchelor and Dan Batchelor
- Daily strength and conditioning for intermediate-advanced players
- "10 and Under Tennis" & All Skills programs
- View More Details ⟩
Camp Director Jess Campbell Batchelor
Director of Tennis Development, USPTA, PTR 10U certified & STL Wheelchair Coach. Ninth year at Dwight Davis Tennis Center (2018).View Jess Campbell Batchelor's Bio ⟩
• Teaches at Creve Coeur Racquet Club during the indoor season.
• USPTA certified P1 pro and PTR certified in 10+Under tennis for ages 4-10. Works with ages 3+up.
• St. Louis Disctrict and MO Valley 2015 Diversity Achievement Award Winner.
• 2013 St. Louis Disctrict 10 and Under Tennis Provider Award Winner.
• Director and fundraiser for Gerber Wheelchair Tennis Program and NJTL Summer Camp outreach programs.
• Board member of the Gateway Confluence Wheelchair Tennis Foundation.
• Teaches students of all ages and skill levels including wheelchair & adaptive athletes. Teaches private lessons, semi-private lessons, clinics and private camps.
Camp Director Dan Batchelor
Head Tennis Professional. Ninth year at Dwight Davis (2018).View Dan Batchelor's Bio ⟩
• Teaches at Creve Coeur Racquet Club during the indoor season.
• From London, England UK. Invited to play at Wimbledon as junior short grass court player.
• Specializes in high performance development with high-level players of all ages.
• Teaches private lessons, semi-private lessons, clinics and private camps. Video analysis during private lessons by request.
• Holds an MBA from Lindenwood University.
• Plays with a Babolat Pure Control
We offer Full Day (9:00am-4:00pm | ages 9-18) and Half Day (9:00am-12:00pm | age 5-18) camps for kids with All Skills and "10&Under Tennis" programs.
2018 Camp Dates
- June 4-8
- June 18-22
- July 9-13
- July 16-19 (4 day session - prorated)
- July 23-27
- Full Day: Monday-Friday | 9:00am-4:00pm | Ages 9-18
- Half Day: Monday-Friday | 9:00am-12:00pm | Ages 5-18
*Session 4 will run Monday-Thursday.
Camp Program Offerings
All sessions are open to players of all skill levels, unless otherwise noted. Upon arrival, all participants are evaluated by the staff so that their own tennis instruction needs can be addressed throughout the week.
Geared towards all ability levels. Includes concentrated work to develop the proper fundamentals and a mix of drilling and match play.
10 and Under Tennis
The“10 and Under Tennis” program features the USTA’s successful new teaching format. This is an exciting way kids 10 and under are learning to play tennis as well as compete. The courts are smaller and balls are low-compression so they are easier to hit, allowing kids to get to the ball and develop optimal swing patterns. It all makes it easy and fun for them to hit, play and score from the start, while developing skills that will last a lifetime. Please note: This program is optional and younger campers may opt to play regular tennis on the full courts.
All campers check in on Monday at 8:45am at the Pro Shop.
- Half Day campers: Depart at 12:00pm on Friday
- Full Day campers: There will be a graduation ceremony at 3:30pm on Friday, followed by check out at 4:00pm. Parents are welcome to attend! ***For the July 16-19 session check-out will be on Thursday.
- All sessions run Monday-Friday (except for the July 16-19 session)
- All campers arrive at 9:00am daily (except check-in day when they arrive at 8:45am).
- Half Day campers depart daily at 12:00pm.
- Full Day campers depart daily at 4:00pm.
Dwight Davis Tennis Center is a state of the art facility with 18 lighted tennis courts and a Stadium Court that seats 1,700 spectators.
Full Day campers bring their own lunch daily. Half Day campers depart before lunch. Snacks, candy, and drinks are available for purchase in the Pro Shop, but no meals are available for purchase.
A detailed camper registration packet containing check in location, health/release forms, emergency contact info, and a list of things to bring will be emailed to all registered campers in the Spring.
Camp Code: TNXDDD
Sample Daily Schedule
- 9:00am Stretching and Warm Up, Stroke of the Day
- 9:30am Drilling and point play
- 12:00pm Lunch break (half day campers depart)
- 1:00pm Match play and Competitive Drills
- 2:30pm Games/contests
- 4:00 pm Depart
Camp ReviewsSubmit a review
Fundamental skill development while making it fun
July 01, 2017: Fundamental skill development while making it fun. The drills were incorporated into form of games throughout the day making them less of a drudgery. The coaching staff is extremely friendly but also high on expectations and as such, the campers must work hard.
— Yoanna P. Parent0
Skill set definitely improved
July 06, 2017: Ava really enjoyed the drills. The instructors did a good job keeping it fun and helpful. She was so engaged that she hardly noticed the heat! Her skill set definitely improved and she had a great time doing it.
— Wendi S. Parent0
Really included younger players
July 06, 2017: The camp really included the younger players just learning the sport by using the most fun games to develop certain skills.
— Julie B. Parent0
Can't wait to come back
July 11, 2017: My daughter loves this camp!! She can't wait to come back!
— Marcie H. Parent
August 1, 2017: She loved being able to play 6 hours a day. The games were a big hit as well as match play.
— Christine M. Parent
Enjoyed the entire week
July 18, 2017: He really enjoyed the entire week. He would love to work with Jess again at some point. He really felt that she helped him a lot
— Maria B. Parent
Had a great time
August 11, 2016: Had a great time and look forward to a couple of weeks next summer.
— Erica H. Camper
August 4, 2016: Great camp!
— Lauren W. Camper
great week, but hot
July 28, 2016: It was a great week. Besides the heat, couldn't have been better. Thank you.
— Laura B. Camper
coach offered consistent and positive reinforcement
July 11, 2016: Dan was very astute in recognizing needed areas of improvement and had thoughtful suggestions on how to accomplish it. He offered consistent and positive reinforcement.
— Wendi S. Parent
need better rain plan
July 8, 2016: I wish there was a better rain plan.
— Karen P. Parent
Camp Dates & Prices
This program has concluded for the season.
Please Join our email list to be notified when this program is available for registration.