Nike Soccer Camp with Beestera Soccer Training - Red Hook
Improve your game and have serious fun
at Nike Soccer Camps
Join us this summer as Nike Soccer Camps team up with Beestera Soccer Training to offer a fantastic week of camp in Red Hook, NY. Team up with the experienced Beestera coaching staff for the ultimate soccer training camp!
Using a unique coaching model, the curriculum focuses on the development of the whole person. Every camper will be challenged mentally, physically, and emotionally with the goal of increasing each campers' tactical knowledge, technical ability, and enthusiasm for the game.
- Coaching from Beestera Soccer Training staff
- Unique & structured curriculum
- 10 to 1 camper to coach ratio
- Nike Soccer Camp T-shirt & camp prizes
- Elite technical training & game knowledge development
- Position specific training
- View More Details ⟩
Camp Director Mike Matera
Mike co-founded Beestera Soccer Training in 2015 after graduating from Siena College. Growing up in Trumbull, Connecticut, Mike played at Beachside Academy for six years before being recruited by Siena. At Siena, Mike earned All-Rookie and All-Tournament Team honors while captaining the team...View Mike's Bio ⟩
Mike briefly played professionally for the Western Mass Professional Soccer team in 2014 before turning his attention to the coaching aspect of the game. With a passion for soccer and teaching, Mike began his coaching career by assisting The College of Saint Rose Men's Soccer team and Premier Development Club Reading United AC, winning the 2016 Mid-Atlantic Championship.
From 2017-2019, Mike was the Graduate Assistant Coach at Springfield College in Massachusetts while pursuing his master's degree in Physical Education. Whilst at Springfield, the team won the NEWMAC Conference championship in 2018, and played in the first-round of the NCAA Tournament.
Mike moved back to Albany in June 2019, to work full-time for Beestera.
Coach Josh Binfield
Josh joined Beestera in March 2019. Born and raised in Essex, England until he was eight years old, he moved to Vancouver, Canada for seven years before graduating high school in Buffalo, NY. After high school, Josh attended IMG Academy in Bradenton, Fl. From there he was recruited to play for Manhattan College at the NCAA Division I level. In his Junior year, Josh joined the Manhattan College coaching staff as a player-coach while earning All-MAAC academic honors...View Josh's Bio ⟩
After Manhattan, Josh completed his Master’s Degree in Athletic Administration at the prestigious sporting institute Springfield College. While at Springfield, he conducted research and completed his thesis: “Enhancing Participation and Retention of Female Soccer Players from Low-income, Urban Areas”.
Josh holds a USSF C Coaching License and brings seven years of coaching experience working with both Storm Academy (New York, NY) and GPS Albany.
Josh is currently a Physical Education teacher and Girls Varsity Soccer Coach at Albany High School.
Beestera coaching staff pride themselves on building confident, technically proficient players with the ability to make quick, well-informed decisions at match-tempo. Developing players' mental and physical capacity by providing the tools needed to reach their potential, and translating their love for the game with the passion and dedication in their applied training methods.
SECURE YOUR SPOT!
You can expect a high demand on these first-come-first-serve camper spots, so please be sure to register early.
- Dates: (Mon-Fri)
- June 26-30, 2023
- August 7-11, 2023
- Gender: Coed
- Ages: 5-15
- Options: Day & Half Day
- Half-Day Camp Hours: 9:00am - 12:00pm*
- Day Camp Hours: 9:00am - 3:00pm*
- Extended Care: 8:00-9:00am and 3:00-4:00pm extended care options available
- Meals: Lunch is NOT provided. Please bring a packed lunch
- Facility: TBD
- Inclement Weather: In the case of inclement weather, we will move the camp indoors to Mill Road Elementary School. The address is 9 Mill Rd, Red Hook, NY 12571
*Check-in begins 15 minutes before the start of camp
Goals of Camp: At Beestera Camps we pride ourselves on the holistic development of each camper. Campers will be challenged physically, cognitively, emotionally and socially in order to give them the most authentic experience possible.
- Physical: Campers will become more competent and consistent in their technical soccer skills in areas such as dribbling, passing, and shooting by the end of the week.
- Cognitive: Campers will become more “soccer literate” and be able to interpret various tactical situations in-game settings more efficiently.
- Emotional: Campers will learn and demonstrate multiple ways to control their emotions while showing qualities such as resilience and perseverance in all activities which will result in higher self-esteem and self-confidence.
- Social: Campers will learn to respectfully communicate with others while accepting their culture and individual differences through the use of our sport education curriculum model.
PREPARE FOR CAMP: COMPLETE YOUR PRE-CAMP CHECKLIST
To view your customer account, complete your mandatory forms, pay balance dues, and review important camp information, visit Pre-Camp Checklist.
All necessary camp information is on this page. If there are any imperative changes prior to camp start, registered campers will be notified via email and this webpage will be updated!
WHAT'S INCLUDED IN THE FEE?
- Instruction: Training from the Beestera coaching staff
- Day campers: Lunch is not provided. Please bring a packed lunch.
- Supervision: Staff members are strategically placed throughout the camp to provide optimal supervision and participate in all activities
- Camp T-shirt & Prizes: All campers receive a Nike Soccer Camps t-shirt and prizes
INSTRUCTION, EQUIPMENT, & FACILITY
- Ratio: Low camper-to-coach ratio
- Groupings: Campers are grouped by age, ability, and experience
- Equipment Needed: All campers must bring soccer cleats, shin guards, athletic shoes, and a water bottle. A further list of 'recommended items' will be in the Information Packet.
- Facility: TBD
- Medical Protocol: Most camps have an athletic trainer on-site to help with illness or injury. In case of an emergency, campers will be transported to the nearest hospital
CHECKLIST OF THINGS TO BRING:
Below is a suggested list of clothes, equipment, and personal items. US Sports Camps is NOT responsible for lost or stolen articles or money.
- Athletic clothing
- Soccer Cleats (no metal studs)
- Shin guards
- Water bottle
- Packed lunch and snacks
- Small gym bag/backpack
Nike Soccer Camp Balls can be purchased during registration. Players can choose between a size 4 or size 5 ball, which will be passed out on the first day of camp. Please note that it is not required to bring a soccer ball to camp as they are provided by the staff for camp instruction.
If you have a group of 4 or more campers registering for the same camp, each camper is eligible for a $25 discount. If you have a group of 8 or more campers registering for the same camp, each camper is eligible for a $30 discount. Please fill out the Team Discount - Soccer form with the name of your group and the names of each camper enrolling in the camp and we will create a unique discount code for your group.
Transportation is not provided. Campers are responsible for getting to and from camp on their own. There is no supervision before or after camp hours so please make arrangements to pick up your child on time.
Most camps have an athletic trainer on-site to help with illness or injury. In case of an emergency, campers will be transported to the nearest hospital.
For information regarding our cancellation policy and all other company policies, please visit USSC Policies.
NIKE SOCCER CAMP FAQ
For general questions about our soccer camps please see our FAQ page.
***Camps are open to any and all entrants. Enrollment in our camps is limited only by age, gender, and capacity restrictions as specified by each camp.
WANT MORE DETAILS?
Click the orange button below to view program descriptions, schedules and moreShow Less See More Camp Details
Sample Daily Schedule
- 8:45-9:00 am Check- in
- 9:00-9:10 am Camp introduction & Phrase of the day
- 9:10-10:30 am Technical development based on the topic of the day
- 10:30am-11:00am Snack break & Coach challenges
- 11:00am-12:00pm World Cup Tournament Games
- 12:00pm-12:45pm Lunch
- 12:45pm-1:00pm Life talk with Coaches
- 1:00pm-2:00pm Position specific training realted to topic of the day
- 2:00pm-2:20pm Snack break/ Coach challenges
- 2:20pm-3:00pm Full sided games
- 3:00pm-3:15pm Camp debrief & camper pick-up. Extended care campers stay until 4:00pm.
SECURE YOUR SPOT – CAMPS SELL OUT!
Last year over 650 Sports Camps sold out, leaving 7,000+ campers on the waitlist. Due to high demand, early registration for our first-come-first-serve camps is strongly recommended.