Nike Soccer Camp with Beestera Soccer Training - Latham
Improve your game and have serious fun
at Nike Soccer Camps
Join us this spring as Nike Soccer Camps team up with Beestera Soccer Training to offer a fantastic week of camp at North Colonie Soccer Complex in Colonie, NY. Team up with the experienced Beestera coaching staff for the ultimate soccer training camp for players in the Capital District!
Using a unique coaching model, the curriculum focuses on the development of the whole person. Every camper will be challenged mentally, physically, and emotionally with the goal of increasing each campers' tactical knowledge, technical ability, and enthusiasm for the game. Get the full camp experience and have fun while building the core fundamentals integrated within Nike Soccer Camps. Make friends and create memories with our team that will last a lifetime!
- Coaching from Beestera Soccer Training staff
- Unique & structured curriculum
- 10 to 1 camper to coach ratio
- Nike Soccer Camp T-shirt & camp prizes
- Elite technical training & game knowledge development
- Position specific training
- View More Details ⟩
Camp Director Mike Matera
Mike co-founded Beestera Soccer Training in 2015 after graduating from Siena College. Growing up in Trumbull, Connecticut, Mike played at Beachside Academy for six years before being recruited by Siena. At Siena, Mike earned All-Rookie and All-Tournament Team honors while captaining the team...View Mike's Bio ⟩
Mike briefly played professionally for the Western Mass Professional Soccer team in 2014 before turning his attention to the coaching aspect of the game. With a passion for soccer and teaching, Mike began his coaching career by assisting The College of Saint Rose Men's Soccer team and Premier Development Club Reading United AC, winning the 2016 Mid-Atlantic Championship.
From 2017-2019, Mike was the Graduate Assistant Coach at Springfield College in Massachusetts while pursuing his master's degree in Physical Education. Whilst at Springfield, the team won the NEWMAC Conference championship in 2018, and played in the first-round of the NCAA Tournament.
Mike moved back to Albany in June 2019, to work full-time for Beestera.
Coach Josh Binfield
Josh joined Beestera in March 2019. Born and raised in Essex, England until he was eight years old, he moved to Vancouver, Canada for seven years before graduating high school in Buffalo, NY. After high school, Josh attended IMG Academy in Bradenton, Fl. From there he was recruited to play for Manhattan College at the NCAA Division I level. In his Junior year, Josh joined the Manhattan College coaching staff as a player-coach while earning All-MAAC academic honors...View Josh's Bio ⟩
After Manhattan, Josh completed his Master’s Degree in Athletic Administration at the prestigious sporting institute Springfield College. While at Springfield, he conducted research and completed his thesis: “Enhancing Participation and Retention of Female Soccer Players from Low-income, Urban Areas”.
Josh holds a USSF C Coaching License and brings seven years of coaching experience working with both Storm Academy (New York, NY) and GPS Albany.
Josh is currently a Physical Education teacher and Girls Varsity Soccer Coach at Albany High School.
Beestera coaching staff pride themselves on building confidence, technically proficient players with the ability to make quick, well-informed decisions at match-tempo. Developing players' mental and physical capacity by providing the tools needed to reach their potential, and translating their love for the game with the passion and dedication in their applied training methods.
SECURE YOUR SPOT!
Due to local and state regulations, we anticipate having to reduce our enrollment numbers significantly this year. You can expect a high demand on these first-come-first-serve camper spots, so please be sure to register early.
- August 14-18, 2023 (Mon-Fri) (Specialized Goalkeeper Training Option)
- August 28 - September 1, 2023 (Mon-Fri) (Specialized Goalkeeper Training Option)
- Specialized Goalkeeper Training: During select weeks, we'll be offering Specialized Goalkeeper Training from 9-11 am, after that the goalkeepers will integrate with rest of camp and play in goal for scrimmages.
- Beestera Kids Soccer: Beestera will be hosting summer camps for children 3-5 years old. These camps focus on early childhood development, both physical and social, through the fun of soccer. (See more details below)
- Gender: Coed
- Ages: 5-15 | Nike Kids Soccer (Ages: 3-5)
- Options: Full Day & Half Day
- Half-Day Camp Hours: 9:00am-12:00pm*
- Day Camp Hours: 9:00am-3:00pm*
- Meals: Lunch is NOT provided. Please bring a packed lunch.
- Location: North Colonie Soccer Complex
*Check-in begins 15 minutes before the start of camp each day
Goals of Camp: At Beestera Camps we pride ourselves on the holistic development of each camper. Campers will be challenged physically, cognitively, emotionally and socially in order to give them the most authentic experience possible.
- Physical: Campers will become more competent and consistent in their technical soccer skills in areas such as dribbling, passing, and shooting by the end of the week.
- Cognitive: Campers will become more “soccer literate” and be able to interpret various tactical situations in-game settings more efficiently.
- Emotional: Campers will learn and demonstrate multiple ways to control their emotions while showing qualities such as resilience and perseverance in all activities which will result in higher self-esteem and self-confidence.
- Social: Campers will learn to respectfully communicate with others while accepting their culture and individual differences through the use of our sport education curriculum model.
BEESTERA KIDS SOCCER
Beestera will be hosting summer camps for children 3-5 years old. These camps focus on early childhood development, both physical and social, through the fun of soccer. Each day will be centered around a combination of sport, social-emotional, and gross motor skills through innovative games. Beestera staff’s experience in childhood development helps keep players engaged while obtaining and practicing skills needed on the field and in everyday life.
PREPARE FOR CAMP: COMPLETE YOUR PRE-CAMP CHECKLIST
To view your customer account, complete your mandatory forms, pay balance dues, and review important camp information, visit Pre-Camp Checklist.
All necessary camp information is on this page. If there are any imperative changes prior to camp start, registered campers will be notified via email and this webpage will be updated!
WHAT'S INCLUDED IN THE FEE?
- Instruction: Training from the Beestera coaching staff
- Day campers: Lunch is not provided. Please bring a packed lunch.
- Supervision: Staff members are strategically placed throughout the camp to provide optimal supervision and participate in all activities
- Camp T-shirt & Prizes: All campers receive a Nike Soccer Camps t-shirt and prizes
INSTRUCTION, EQUIPMENT, & FACILITY
- Ratio: Low camper to coach ratio
- Groupings: Campers are grouped by age, ability, and experience
- Equipment Needed: All campers must bring soccer cleats, shin guards, athletic shoes, and a water bottle.
- Facility: North Colonie Soccer Complex
- Medical Protocol: Most camps have an athletic trainer on-site to help with illness or injury. In case of an emergency, campers will be transported to the nearest hospital
CHECKLIST OF THINGS TO BRING:
Below is a suggested list of clothes, equipment, and personal items. US Sports Camps is NOT responsible for lost or stolen articles or money.
- Athletic clothing
- Soccer Cleats (no metal studs)
- Shin guards
- Water bottle
- Packed lunch and snacks
- Small gym bag/backpack
Nike Soccer Camp Balls can be purchased during registration. Players can choose between a size 4 or size 5 ball, which will be passed out on the first day of camp. Please note that it is not required to bring a soccer ball to camp as they are provided by the staff for camp instruction.
If you have a group of 4 or more campers registering for the same camp, each camper is eligible for a $25 discount. If you have a group of 8 or more campers registering for the same camp, each camper is eligible for a $30 discount. Please fill out the Team Discount - Soccer form with the name of your group and the names of each camper enrolling in the camp and we will create a unique discount code for your group.
Transportation is not provided. Campers are responsible for getting to and from camp on their own. There is no supervision before or after camp hours so please make arrangements to pick up your child on time.
Most camps have an athletic trainer on-site to help with illness or injury. In case of an emergency, campers will be transported to the nearest hospital.
For information regarding our cancellation policy and all other company policies, please visit USSC Policies.
NIKE SOCCER CAMP FAQ
For general questions about our soccer camps please see our FAQ page.
***Camps are open to any and all entrants. Enrollment in our camps is limited only by age, gender, and capacity restrictions as specified by each camp.
WANT MORE DETAILS?
Click the orange button below to view program descriptions, schedules and moreShow Less See More Camp Details
Soccer Sample Schedule
- 8:45-9:00 am Check- in
- 9:00-9:10 am Camp introduction & Phrase of the day
- 9:10-10:30 am Technical development based on the topic of the day
- 10:30am-11:00am Snack break & Coach challenges
- 11:00am-12:00pm World Cup Tournament Games
- 12:00pm-12:45pm Lunch
- 12:45pm-1:00pm Life talk with Coaches
- 1:00pm-2:00pm Position specific training realted to topic of the day
- 2:00pm-2:15pm Snack break/ Coach challenges
- 2:15pm-3:00pm Full sided games
- 3:00pm-3:15pm Camp debrief & camper pick-up
Kids Soccer Sample Schedule
- 9:00-9:10am Morning talk and “topic of the day” discussion
- 9:10-9:30am Fun games incorporating “topic of the day”
- 9:30-9:55am Skills development
- 9:55-10:10am Snack Break
- 10:10-10:30am Challenge of the Day
- 10:30-10:50am Water Play
- 10:50-11:05am Snack Break
- 11:05-11:25am Fun games incorporating “topic of the day”
- 11:25-12:00pm Small-sided soccer scrimmage
- 12:00pm Campers are dismissed
July 9, 2022: Jasen enjoyed participating in the World Cup Scrimmages! He also enjoyed the different drills each day!
August 19, 2023: Fun experience, camp director and counselors made it a great experience for my sons!
August 21, 2023: My daughter already has a better kick from 1 week in camp! World cup finals at end of week highlight
August 19, 2023: My son is 10 and this was the first time he tried soccer since the pre-K/ K days and he tried the goalie camp. He absolutely loved it and felt very encouraged!
July 11, 2022: Everyday I picked my son up, he had a huge smile on his face
September 5, 2022: My daughter had great fun while enhancing her soccer skills.
August 6, 2022: The everyday dribbling , passing, and scrimmage opportunities
August 6, 2022: My daughter saying she had fun and wants to do it again next year.
September 3, 2022: Our son was motivated each day and spoke about camp the rest of each day.
September 3, 2022: The coaches are always smiling and so friendly! We could not love Beestera more!!
July 12, 2023: The camp counselors were awesome with my daughter. She looked forward to it every day.
August 7, 2023: My daughter had a blast! You guys are always so involved with the kids and really get them into it!
September 3, 2022: Mike is an amazing director and helps the kids with soccer from all angles - skills and as a player on the field.
August 8, 2022: The fast paced day but how it was changed up periodically. The kids weren't just doing skills and drills repeatedly.
July 11, 2022: My son loves the world cup competitions during this camp. We also love the daily themes and lessons... and awards at the end of the week.
August 22, 2022: I loved the daily email debriefs that we received from the camp director. Very thorough, and helped us converse with our son about his soccer camp day.
September 3, 2022: The daily lessons they taught the kids around life values. Encouragement to not only improve soccer skills but the value of being a good teammate. Really impressed!
September 3, 2022: Everyone was so welcoming and my kids came home excited to go the next day! Loved the lessons they taught them about being a good player and not just improving skills. Great life lessons.
August 5, 2023: Per our player, he loved the Friday Fun day! We enjoyed hearing about each of his days. Blake was a great director. The whole camp seemed extremely organized, fun, and age appropriate challenges to make them better players.
April 15, 2023: The one on one personal relation between the coaches and the players - the coaches are able to provide individual feedback despite having groups of players assigned to them. Aldo, the competence of the coaches is outstanding.
August 8, 2022: It is hard to pinpoint just one thing. The camp is a well oiled machine. Every coach was friendly and knew names by day 2. My son absolutely loved it. I felt confident dropping him off that he was in safe hands and would learn.
August 6, 2022: From a parent's perspective the highlight of the camp experience is watching the level of improvement that can take place in your child's ability in just a short one week time !! That can be attributed to the fantastic coaching staff present at each camp Beestera has to offer.
August 10, 2022: The camp was very well organized. I appreciated the daily summary and recap of the camp. This was my child's first soccer camp and he was able to share with me everyday the skills he learned. I appreciate the way the coaches communicated soccer concepts in a fun easy to understand was for kids. I liked how the camp had a balance of soccer and fun. The awards at the end were also nice!
This camp increased her confidence!
SECURE YOUR SPOT – CAMPS SELL OUT!
Last year over 650 Sports Camps sold out, leaving 7,000+ campers on the waitlist. Due to high demand, early registration for our first-come-first-serve camps is strongly recommended.