Nike Boys Volleyball Camp at Webber International University
Improve your game and have serious fun
at Nike Volleyball Camps
The Webber International University boys volleyball camp in Florida offers players of intermediate and advanced levels the opportunity to improve their skills and have lots of fun! Train, compete and improve at our boys summer camp in Babson Park.
Join Men's Head Volleyball Coach, Eric Praetorius and his staff of collegiate coaches for expert instruction this summer. This 2019 overnight volleyball camp in Florida offers a program for intermediate players looking to improve their skills and advanced players looking to experience college level training.
- Excellent residential, dining and training facilities
- 6-7 hours daily volleyball training, with 1:10 staff to camper ratio
- Training for all skill levels and elite players
- All campers receive a Nike Volleyball Camps T-shirt and prizes!
- View More Details ⟩
Head Coach Eric Praetorius
Coach Eric Praetorius enters his first year as the Head Men's Volleyball Coach at Webber International University during the 2019 season. He was announced as the Warriors' new head coach in December 2018.View Eric's Bio ⟩
Coach Praetorius is no stranger to the Tampa area. Having been the owner and CEO of the Tampa Elite Sports Center and the Head Volleyball Coach with Tampa Elite Volleyball Club since 2011, Praetorius coached all age groups from U12 to U18 in indoor and beach volleyball. He also coached 10 AAU National Championship All-Tournament Team players and one AAU National Championship MVP during his tenure.
Coach Praetorius was named the American Volleyball Coaches Association Coach of the Year in 2013 and was the USA Volleyball Florida Region Outstanding Junior Coach in both 2012 and in 2014. In 2015, he earned the Tampa Tribune “Best of the Best” Coaching Award and the USA Volleyball Florida Region Director of the Year award. He coached his club teams to an AAU National Championship in 2014 and AAU National Championship runner-up finishes in 2015 and 2016. In 2017, he was an assistant coach for his club team that won the USA Volleyball Junior Olympic Championship in Minneapolis, Minnesota.
Praetorius is also a very established High School Head Coach in Tampa. In 2017, Coach Praetorius was named Florida High School Athletic Association 3A Coach of the Year while leading Carrollwood Day School to a Florida High School Athletic Association State Championship.
Coach Praetorius finished his five-year tenure at Carrollwood Day with an overall record of 112-16, helping guide his team to four district championships, three regional championships and a Class 4A State Title in 2017, FHASS State Runner up in 2014 and FHSAA Final Four in 2015. Coach Praetorius was previously awarded the Florida High School Athletic Association 4A Coach of the Year and the Hillsborough County Coach of the Year. In 2015, Coach Praetorius was award the Tampa Tribune “Best of the Best” Award and earned the Hillsborough County Volleyball Coach of the Year award.
Praetorius was also a varsity volleyball coach at Bishop McLaughlin Catholic High School (2017-Present). At Bishop McLaughlin, Coach Praetorius was the Co-Head Girls Varsity Volleyball Coach for Florida’s 3A Division State Finalists in 2018, helping lead his squad to a Class 3A District 4 Championship, Class 3A Regional Championship and a Class 3A State Runner-Up finish.
This year we are offering an Overnight and Extended Day (9:00am-9:00pm) camps for boys, ages 13-18, of all ability levels. Campers can choose between Intermediate or Advanced skill levels. See "More Camp Details" for further information.
2019 CAMP DATES
- June 17-20 (Intermediate/Advanced)
CAMP PROGRAM OFFERINGS
All sessions are open to boys of all abilities, unless otherwise noted. Upon arrival, all participants are evaluated by the staff and placed into groups based on age and ability level.
This program is geared towards intermediate level players. Campers receive instruction on all volleyball skills - Attacking, Setting, Passing, Defense, Serving, and Blocking in a variety of individual, small group and team settings.
This program is geared towards high school and club level players with 2-3 years of competitive experience. This intense, challenging program stresses position play, advanced team techniques, physical conditioning, and a higher level of competitive play.
Please note: The following information may be subject to change.
2019 SESSION SCHEDULE
All skills camp: June 17-20
- Check-in: 3:00pm on Monday
- Check-out: 12:00pm on Thursday
- Extended Day Camper Schedule: Monday 3:00-9:00pm, Tuesday-Wednesday 9:00am-9:00pm, Thursday 9:00am-12:00pm
What's included in the fee?
- Daily volleyball instruction
- Overnight campers: Dormitory housing on campus and all meals are provided.
- Extended Day campers: Lunch and dinner are provided.
- Supervision: Staff members reside in campers’ quarters and participate in all activities.
- Camp T-shirt & Prizes: All campers receive Nike Volleyball Camps t-shirt and prizes.
INSTRUCTION, EQUIPMENT & FACILITY
- Ratio: 1:10 staff to camper ratio
- Players Grouped by: ability, age, years of experience
- Equipment Needed: Players should supply their own kneepads and have at least one pair of well broken-in volleyball (court) shoes. Campers do not need to bring their own balls.
- Facility: Indoor courts
- Medical Protocol: Most camps have an athletic trainer on-site to help with illness or injury. In case of an emergency, campers will be transported to the nearest hospital.
The information below is based on previous years and is subject to change each year. Final housing information for this camp will be provided in the Camper Registration Packets, emailed to all campers closer to the camp’s start date.
- Campers Per Room: 2-3
- Roommates: Rooms are assigned by age & roommate requests. Roommate requests must be received no later than 14 days before the start of camp. If you don't have a roommate request, you will be placed in a room with someone near your age. It will be a great opportunity to meet someone new!
- Bathrooms: shared
- Linens: Not provided. Bring linens or sleeping bag, pillow, pillowcase and a towel
- Air Conditioning: Please refer to the Camper Registration Packet. A/C availability depends on our specific dorm assignment.
Nike Volleyball Camps does not provide transportation from airports, train stations or bus depots. If you have a child flying to camp, please arrange a shuttle or taxi service. The closest airport to campus is Orlando International Airport.
If you have a group of eight or more campers registering for the same camp, each camper is eligible for a discount. Please have someone contact the US Sports Camps office at 1-800-645-3226 with the names of each camper in the group and we will create a unique discount code for your group. Campers may then register individually through the website at their convenience and apply the offer code during check out. *Discount amount varies by program. Please call for details.
A detailed camper registration packet containing check in location, health/release forms, emergency contact info, and a list of things to bring will be emailed to all registered campers in the Spring. Our health and release forms may require a doctor's signature (please reference your camp packet). All required forms will be collected on the first day of camp.
Camps are open to any and all entrants, limited only by number, age, grade level and/or gender.
Sample Daily Schedule
- 7:00am Wake-up, shower, breakfast
- 9:00am Extended Day campers arrive. Stretching & Warm-up
- 9:15am Training Session I
- 12:00pm Lunch, rest
- 1:30pm Training Session II
- 5:30pm Dinner
- 7:00pm Evening Activity
- 8:00pm Evening play session for Overnight Campers
- 9:00pm Extended Day Camper depart, Overnight Campers to rooms, free time
- 10:00pm Lights out
Webber International University is a private institution of higher learning located in Babson Park, FL, with a setting overlooking Crooked Lake.
Camp ReviewsSubmit a review
Loved the camp spirit
June 30, 2018: Some highlights were team spirit; sportsmanship; high level of volleyball; knowledgeable coaches; kind staff.
— Cristina R. Parent
Loved Coach McPhee!
June 30, 2018: Dylan had a great time and got to compete against some good competition. Coach McPhee is a great coach and a great person!
— Sean M. Parent
June 29, 2018: Bryan loved being on the college campus and meeting the other players & being able to practice with many different people.
— Shannon W. Parent