Nike Boys Volleyball Camp at Webber International University
Improve your game and have serious fun
at Nike Volleyball Camps
The Webber International University boys volleyball camp in Florida offers players of intermediate and advanced levels the opportunity to improve their skills and have lots of fun! Train, compete and improve at our boys summer camp in Babson Park.
This overnight volleyball camp in Florida offers a program for intermediate players looking to improve their skills and advanced players looking to experience college level training.
- Excellent residential, dining and training facilities
- 6-7 hours daily volleyball training, with 1:10 staff to camper ratio
- Training for all skill levels and elite players
- All campers receive a Nike Volleyball Camps T-shirt and prizes!
- View More Details ⟩
Head Volleyball Coach William McPhee
Coach McPhee joined the Warriors after his tenure at Johnson & Wales University (Denver), where he was the first assistant coach and recruiting coordinator for the Wildcats men’s volleyball program.View William's Bio ⟩
Will McPhee, a native of Natick, MA grew up in a family already well-versed in sports. The son of a College hockey standout at Boston College, he grew up playing baseball, basketball and hockey before finding his love for the sport of Volleyball during high school. McPhee was named to the Bay State League Conference All-Star team during his Junior and Senior year, as well as being named to the Metro-West Top 10 list.
After high school, McPhee enlisted in the United States Air Force (USAF) as a Military Policeman. During his time in the Air Force, McPhee deployed in support of Operations Iraqi, and Enduring Freedom, along with spending 3 year overseas in Italy. During his military service, McPhee was selected to the All-Air Force Volleyball team, competing throughout Europe against teams from all over the continent. Military life then sent McPhee to finish out his enlistment at Offutt AFB in Nebraska, where his coaching career began at the club and high school levels in 2007.
In 2010, after leaving the USAF, McPhee attended the University of Nebraska – Lincoln where he received his Bachelor’s in Communication Studies in 2013. During his time at Nebraska, McPhee played as the starting middle on the Men’s Volleyball club team, competing against other club teams from Universities around the country.
After a decade-long run coaching club volleyball in Nebraska, McPhee moved to Colorado and accepted a job as a Volunteer Assistant and Recruiting Coordinator with the Johnson & Wales University – Denver Women’s Volleyball Team. During his time at JWU, Coach McPhee helped guide the Wildcats to a conference tournament berth, as well as assisted in developing multiple AVCA All-Region and All-American players. McPhee also helped lead his 18s club team to a silver medal at Colorado Crossroads, a USAV national qualifier.
Coach McPhee resides in Babson Park, Florida, with his wife Lindsey, their dog and their cat.
This year we are offering an Overnight and Extended Day (9:00am-9:00pm) camps for boys, ages 13-18, of all ability levels. Campers can choose between Intermediate or Advanced skill levels. See "More Camp Details" for further information.
2018 CAMP DATES
- June 25-28 (Intermediate/Advanced)
CAMP PROGRAM OFFERINGS
All sessions are open to boys of all abilities, unless otherwise noted. Upon arrival, all participants are evaluated by the staff and placed into groups based on age and ability level.
This program is geared towards intermediate level players. Campers receive instruction on all volleyball skills - Attacking, Setting, Passing, Defense, Serving, and Blocking in a variety of individual, small group and team settings.
This program is geared towards high school and club level players with 2-3 years of competitive experience. This intense, challenging program stresses position play, advanced team techniques, physical conditioning, and a higher level of competitive play.
Please note: The following information may be subject to change.
2018 SESSION SCHEDULE
All skills camp: JUNe 25-28
- Check-in: 3:00pm on Monday
- Check-out: 12:00pm on Thursday
- Extended Day Camper Schedule: Monday 3:00-9:00pm, Tuesday-Wednesday 9:00am-9:00pm, Thursday 9:00am-12:00pm
What's included in the fee?
- Daily volleyball instruction
- Overnight campers: Dormitory housing on campus and all meals are provided.
- Extended Day campers: Lunch and dinner are provided.
- Supervision: Staff members reside in campers’ quarters and participate in all activities.
- Camp T-shirt & Prizes: All campers receive Nike Volleyball Camps t-shirt and prizes.
INSTRUCTION, EQUIPMENT & FACILITY
- Ratio: 1:10 staff to camper ratio
- Players Grouped by: ability, age, years of experience
- Equipment Needed: Players should supply their own kneepads and have at least one pair of well broken-in volleyball (court) shoes. Campers do not need to bring their own balls.
- Facility: Indoor courts
- Medical Protocol: Most camps have an athletic trainer on-site to help with illness or injury. In case of an emergency, campers will be transported to the nearest hospital.
- Dorm: Miranda Dormitory
- Campers Per Room: 2-3
- Roommates: Rooms are assigned by age & roommate requests. Roommate requests must be received no later than 14 days before the start of camp. If you don't have a roommate request, you will be placed in a room with someone near your age. It will be a great opportunity to meet someone new!
- Bathrooms: shared
- Linens: Not provided. Bring linens or sleeping bag, pillow, pillowcase and a towel
- Air Conditioning: Yes
Nike Volleyball Camps does not provide transportation from airports, train stations or bus depots. If you have a child flying to camp, please arrange a shuttle or taxi service. The closest airport to campus is Orlando International Airport.
If you have a group of eight or more campers registering for the same camp, each camper is eligible for a discount. Please have someone contact the US Sports Camps office at 1-800-645-3226 with the names of each camper in the group and we will create a unique discount code for your group. Campers may then register individually through the website at their convenience and apply the offer code during check out. *Discount amount varies by program. Please call for details.
A detailed camper registration packet containing check in location, health/release forms, emergency contact info, and a list of things to bring will be emailed to all registered campers in the Spring. Our health and release forms may require a doctor's signature (please reference your camp packet). All required forms will be collected on the first day of camp.
Camps are open to any and all entrants, limited only by number, age, grade level and/or gender.
Sample Daily Schedule
- 7:00am Wake-up, shower, breakfast
- 9:00am Extended Day campers arrive. Stretching & Warm-up
- 9:15am Training Session I
- 12:00pm Lunch, rest
- 1:30pm Training Session II
- 5:30pm Dinner
- 7:00pm Evening Activity
- 8:00pm Evening play session for Overnight Campers
- 9:00pm Extended Day Camper depart, Overnight Campers to rooms, free time
- 10:00pm Lights out
Webber International University is a private institution of higher learning located in Babson Park, FL, with a setting overlooking Crooked Lake.
Camp Dates & Prices
This program has concluded for the season.
Please Join our email list to be notified when this program is available for registration.